Who would you compare Tua with ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Tua with ?

Tim Tebow
In what way? Tebow was essentially a bruising RB in the make of Alstott that was also able to throw just well enough too play QB in college. I LOVE Tebow but he has nowhere near the processing and throwing abilities of Tua. Meanwhile, Tua has nowhere near the imposing physical strength that Tebow had nor his running ability. Tua can run but it;s so immensely different it couldn't;t be more so. I would give then a push on leadership as they are both incredible leaders and a boon to their teams and locker rooms.

You couldn't be more wrong on a comparison if you had to be. But you just wanted to give a troll answer right?

And alabama isnt a product of an amazing (still a douche) coach? How do we really know tua can read a defense? His wr were always open in college and all he does is check down with miami. His last performance sure doesnt seem like a person who can read a defense.
Do you just not like the kid? I have never seen you post not one positive thing since you have been here.

Anyone who knows football beyond the most basic level can see he has more command of offensive concepts than Tebow. Thats what the exchange was about. Timmy never "looked off" a safety, or went through progressions anywhere close to the level Tua does.

Why don’t some of you go watch tape of Brees rookie years and let me know how strong his arm was and how amazing of an athlete he was compared to Tua. I bet 99% of you didn’t actually watch Brees play as a rookie and you go off YouTube highlight films of Brees.

maybe thats an attribute, hiding the fact that he can read defenses. Tebow had many huge comeback VICTORIES and beat Pitt in the playoffs if i remember correctly. Elway wouldnt go the development path and signed Payton Manning.
Perhaps there was nothing there to develop.

How long did it take BB in New England to move on?

Bro I bet you can’t even describe how either play. You don’t even know what an option or bender route is and that receivers have to read a defense as much as the qb does yet your laughing over here

while comparing Tua with Brees and Young.
Brees rookie season was about 15 yrs ago and he didnt play for the Ds .

With some Young? How so? I don’t see it. Different everything except that they are lefties. Nothing in their body styles or game that reminds me of each other.
Lane Kifflin, who coached Tua and knows more about him than you and I said Tua compared to Young because they are both accurate, with smooth and quick deliveries. Young said "it really feels familiar" after Young watch some tape of Tua.

Well, but if you say otherwise, ok, that is your opinion, but I believe both are lefties, accurate, and can make all the throws (Fitz once said Tua could make all the throws, some that I can't do).

For me Tua is the real deal

Perhaps there was nothing there to develop.

How long did it take BB in New England to move on?
perhaps.
perhaps he may have been the next Brees and Young, but he was not given the luxury of developing and working on his body, even after taking Denver to the playoffs.

Why don’t some of you go watch tape of Brees rookie years and let me know how strong his arm was and how amazing of an athlete he was compared to Tua. I bet 99% of you didn’t actually watch Brees play as a rookie and you go off YouTube highlight films of Brees.
I watched Brees from the time he was at Purdue.

I'm not sure what you are saying, because you made a statement, without conclusions.

Brees' arm was stronger than Tua's, before the shoulder surgery, and that's not even in question. As I said before, he didn't have a top tier canon, but it was stronger than Tua has shown.

Now, we probably haven't seen Tua's best as far as arm strength. The hip injury surely affected it in a negative way. I would expect his velocity, and accuracy improves with an NFL offseason program, and fully healed hip.

Tua reminds me of.........Tua and that's all that matters to me. I don't want tua to be the next anything other than himself. The QB we drafted from bama. How good will he be? Time will tell but 8 or 9 games is not enough to know. Chill people!!
and if we count the 8 or 9 games, that is good, why? Because the numbers are better than Brees, Young first 2 years, and similar, very similar to Burrow as rookies, and everybody is saying Burrow had a great rookie season before the injury.
If we ONLY compared Tua with Herbert, then he had an average season for a rookie, if we compare Tua with all rookies, then he had an above average year as a rookie.

I watched Brees from the time he was at Purdue.

I'm not sure what you are saying, because you made a statement, without conclusions.

Brees' arm was stronger than Tua's, before the shoulder surgery, and that's not even in question. As I said before, he didn't have a top tier canon, but it was stronger than Tua has shown.

Now, we probably haven't seen Tua's best as far as arm strength. The hip injury surely affected it in a negative way. I would expect his velocity, and accuracy improves with an NFL offseason program, and fully healed hip.
Brees did not get by on his arm his rookie year. My point is that they are similar QBs. Brees had so many underthrown and errant passes on a consistent basis his rookie year.

Back
Top Bottom