Why Liam Eichenberg is exactly what the Dolphins needed up front | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Liam Eichenberg is exactly what the Dolphins needed up front

Eichenberg seems like the type of player that even if he fails at tackle he could still turn out to be an elite guard. With Hunt's flexibility you could go wih Jackson & Hunt at tackle and, Kindley & Eichenberg at guard if needed.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face..."

-Mike Tyson

The above quote is ready made for an instance like this. Our rook, is plug and play on Tua's blindside...ok, we shall see.
The ignore button is a wonderful thing

The ignore button is a wonderful thing
Stfu GIF by MOODMAN
And just do it....

How do offensive lines become great besides just raw talent? I always thought it was like a unit that stayed together for years, bring em in as rookies with potential and maybe one leader type vet?

I'm probably totally wrong since I am *that guy* that doesn't pay enough attention to OL. A mere ~25 years ago I would just yell that our RB sucks without any regard for what the OL is doing.

How do offensive lines become great besides just raw talent? I always thought it was like a unit that stayed together for years, bring em in as rookies with potential and maybe one leader type vet?

I'm probably totally wrong since I am *that guy* that doesn't pay enough attention to OL. A mere ~25 years ago I would just yell that our RB sucks without any regard for what the OL is doing.
A great OL coach makes a big difference.

Not sure if you are disagreeing with me or not but are making additional points to the point I am already making. The qb isn't suppose to telegraph where he is reading his passes but I'm sure you know that. I will say I will have to make some exceptions here with some qb's that drop back further than normal like Mahommes. My point is, the qb is suppose to get rid of the ball. Play's aren't designed to make the qb hold on to the ball forever. RPO, or any offense based on quick reading, or analytical reading. I mean, if tackle is defending against a defender rushing to the outside and the qb is in the pocket he won't be able to see them. If someone keeps getting beat, then the offense coordinator can choose to start calling shotgun plays, running the ball, or dropping back further. There isn't really anything set in stone but most people in here should get what we are saying.

I was agreeing and just adding on for others so we are on the same page.

A great OL coach makes a big difference.
and thats one thing that worries me. We have a rookie OL coach. Lem has been an assistant every place he has coached, and yes he has played in the NFL, but a good experienced OL coach would have been someone i would have brought in to make sure the rooks O linemen reach their potential. Patriots have done such a great job with their Olines over the years having an older experienced really good O line coach. Sure.....those dont come around often, but i would have tried to get the O line coach from a place like Wisconsin, or Notre Dame, where they always have really good O line units. For now, I hope Lem can be up to the task.

If you look at our OL this year there is definite improvement. Also, look at the probable backups- Davis, Deiter, and Fluker, WOW!!!

Eichenberg seems like the type of player that even if he fails at tackle he could still turn out to be an elite guard. With Hunt's flexibility you could go wih Jackson & Hunt at tackle and, Kindley & Eichenberg at guard if needed.

The thing is we need a true right tackle to protect our left handed qb Not 3 quality guards. Eichenberg’s short arms, clumsy footwork, and struggles against speed rushers is very concerning. If he can’t make it at right tackle and Hunt is forced to be miscast there, then it’s not a good pick.

Hard for me to say he's exactly what the Dolphins needed up front... I can't think of how many times I passed on him in many mock drafts. lol

Dolphins obviously felt strongly enough about him to move up.

All we know is that Liam has a particular set of skills...

This is the type of lazy joke you'll read early as I get ready for the season.

Dj fluker is a bad tackle so if that’s his competition he damn well better win.

This team loves it some poor feet and foot speed tackles. Loaded with em
We love versatility. Unfortunately, at OT “versatility” usually means you’re not a true OT. We have 3 of those on the roster at the moment

Back
Top Bottom