Why Liam Eichenberg is exactly what the Dolphins needed up front | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Liam Eichenberg is exactly what the Dolphins needed up front

Hasn’t given up a sack in 2.5 yrs vs some of tge best PR in the country. He’ll do just fine

Not sure if you are disagreeing with me or not but are making additional points to the point I am already making. The qb isn't suppose to telegraph where he is reading his passes but I'm sure you know that. I will say I will have to make some exceptions here with some qb's that drop back further than normal like Mahommes. My point is, the qb is suppose to get rid of the ball. Play's aren't designed to make the qb hold on to the ball forever. RPO, or any offense based on quick reading, or analytical reading. I mean, if tackle is defending against a defender rushing to the outside and the qb is in the pocket he won't be able to see them. If someone keeps getting beat, then the offense coordinator can choose to start calling shotgun plays, running the ball, or dropping back further. There isn't really anything set in stone but most people in here should get what we are saying.
Your last two sentences should not be understated.

The blind side idea lost much of it's value when QBs evolved away from taking a substantial majority of snaps from behind center.

Shotgun, or even pistol, mitigates the blind spot to the point that it's not that huge of a factor. It's still a consideration, but not close to the extent it once was.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face..."

-Mike Tyson

The above quote is ready made for an instance like this. Our rook, is plug and play on Tua's blindside...ok, we shall see.

Well he did get punched in the face in college and played a game with his eye swollen shut and didn't give up a sack in the rain.

Your last two sentences should not be understated.

The blind side idea lost much of it's value when QBs evolved away from taking a substantial majority of snaps from behind center.

Shotgun, or even pistol, mitigates the blind spot to the point that it's not that huge of a factor. It's still a consideration, but not close to the extent it once was
I am just giving a train of thought not a guideline for protecting a qb, or writing a documentary on the blindside lol. But I agree with you about today's qb evolving. One QB that we can use as an example is Mahommes, probably the longest drop backs I seen ever.

Well he did get punched in the face in college and played a game with his eye swollen shut and didn't give up a sack in the rain.
Yeah...he didn't give up a sack that game.

That happens to be the game where the Irish ran for 300+ yards (8.7 ypc)...so I can see how that can happen.

I was never really impressed by him to the point where I'd be thankful to get him. I think that's a big reason why he didn't come out last year. He's the same guy from last year, IMO. They had a fairly mobile QB so the sack totals may be a tad bit misleading.

Overall, I can't say that I think he's a better RT than Hunt. If they out him there and his numbers are better...fine. If not, Hunt belongs back outside.
Why are you so negative on the kid? Is it because the dolphins did not draft the player you want?

I don't care mobile QB, or a run heavy offense, when you don't have a sack in two and half years against top college programs, that saying something.

The whole nation think its a good pick, including posters here wanted Sewell. You are the only one who is negative.

I am just giving a train of thought not a guideline for protecting a qb, or writing a documentary on the blindside lol. But I agree with you about today's qb evolving. One QB that we can use as an example is Mahommes, probably the longest drop backs I seen ever.
Longest drop backs....remind me the longest sack in SB history.

Why are you so negative on the kid? Is it because the dolphins did not draft the player you want?

I don't care mobile QB, or a run heavy offense, when you don't have a sack in two and half years against top college programs, that saying something.

The whole nation think its a good pick, including posters here wanted Sewell. You are the only one who is negative.
Negative...I didn't think so, but if anyone would know negative it would be you.

Well hopefully we can keep ya around Ray

I stayed when Gase & Tannehill, both of who I hold in high regard, left. I was curious what the Dolphins would do and there was no reason I could see to jump for another team.

I could always follow those guys to see what happened, but this board is addictive. I like most of the posters. I try to like the others and I can make fun of everybody when they screw up.

There is some value in that for a small personality type like me - LOL

Back
Top Bottom