Why Not Draft Lamar Jackson? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Draft Lamar Jackson?

This sounds reasonable, and I bet Gase and the FO guys agree. So what does that tell you they think they have in Tannehill if they dont try to upgrade on him early?

I like Tannehill but you could literally say the same about any coach/FO haha

yep Matt Moore behind Tanehill another season is the exact push we need

we have tannehill 2 more years at least im thinking. There will be another "once in a lifetime" qb we can draft in the first round next year that everyone is going to fall in love with. Best case scenario for those who want tanne gone but also want to field a competitive squad. Build up the team with draft this year with first 2 rounds a penciled in starter (hopefully more rounds than that), then in the 2019 draft...whoever yall deem the new lamar Jackson cant be drafted and sit a year behind 17.

Out of qbs selected in the first two rounds this past year...
bears #2 trubisky...bears were a horribly run, I guess they had a pretty nice running game if IRC, QB cost them a lot. Fox and the front office needed something for the fanbase after all the years of Cutler, plus they probably thought this would buy them a year. So they were just in develop for the future mode... spark fan base.. they had nothing at QB

kc #10 maholmes...already a playoff caliber squad from top to bottom, despite all the talk during their brief slump, no way pat was replacing smith. Trying to save money in the future with hopefully a little more potential out of the position. now maholmes has a year under smith and smith will go bye bye this season.

THIS is where I could potentially see us in 2019 if we have a good draft this year and get a few pieces back healthy. Probably the strategy that will more than likely play out with us.

Houston #12 Watson...almost the same as above except everyone in Houston was wanting Watson to walk in the door a starter. Stellar defense, great playmakers on offense, just needed a qb and didn't have the luxury of wasting another season with savage, we don't have the stellar D and our playmakers on O will be better with rt17 alone

cle-52 kizer. well Cleveland....enough said. if one of the top qb's fall to us in round 2 I wouldn't completely flip my lid

I just don't think we have the luxury of drafting a QB high this year. Every year everyone has a man crush on a QB coming out, even though ill admit a lot of love for Jackson started on here last year. Draft a qb in midrounds unless one of the first round qb's slides into the 2nd (which I hope not unless we can trade back because OL, TE, LB are all most important) If tannehill plays lights out this year with a better team around him and hopefully a better OL and we still want to draft a QB high next year to groom behind him cool.

LJ isn't a once in a lifetime QB and the board will be on some young new studs Johnson next year and the board will be once again flooded with draft this qb 1, and maybe next year we will be better suited to have a luxury pick

Don’t be surprised if Jackson or Mayfield falls to 11 and we take them. I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Mayfield at 11 is a good pick. Problem is his ****iness and then going to live in Miami.
Jackson at 11 feels like a reach.

If we draft Lamar it will be to play WR. He's not an NFL QB.

Jackson will still be available at 11th overall.............in the 4th round. I cannot believe there are people seriously considering Lamar Jackson as a replacement for Tannehill LOL.

I've seen little of LT's play, but he is an exciting player to watch that's for sure.

They could finally successfully run the Pat White offense they wanted to run seven years ago.

Ever hear the kid talk? I'll pass.

Actually I haven’t. I think the interview process will determine when Jackson comes off the board. But my gut tells me all the experts who are saying Jackson needs to change positions have some inside information on football IQ. They just don’t want to come out and say it. I can’t think of another explanation.

Jackson will still be available at 11th overall.............in the 4th round. I cannot believe there are people seriously considering Lamar Jackson as a replacement for Tannehill LOL.
I mean to be fair, people are all over Josh Allen and his "natural talent" even though he posted the same completion percentage as tom savage in college. Compiled with the other flaws in his game.

I am by no means advocating for Lamar, as he does not fit our offense. But the hate the guy received compared to players like Darnold and Allen is is astounding.

Back
Top Bottom