Why Not Draft Lamar Jackson? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Draft Lamar Jackson?

I mean to be fair, people are all over Josh Allen and his "natural talent" even though he posted the same completion percentage as tom savage in college. Compiled with the other flaws in his game.

I am by no means advocating for Lamar, as he does not fit our offense. But the hate the guy received compared to players like Darnold and Allen is is astounding.

I wouldn't draft Josh Allen at 11, either. But the thing with Allen is, I think he has more arm talent than Jackson and has a better throwing foundation. Now it's true that mechanics can be coached up -- we've actually seen this here in Miami with Ryan Tannehill -- but it's not a sure thing. Look at Blake Bortles. Guy still can't throw the damn football after like four years in the NFL.

No 60% completion athletes cut it in the NFL. His completion % was horrible against any team with talent. NO!

Ahh yes, the ol' "he doesn't talk right (white) so keep him away from my team."

Easily the last thing I could ever be worried about. i grew up around those Pompano/Deerfield Beach stomping grounds . . . .newsflash . . . Everybody talks like that . . . Hell even myself it comes out when I am around my folks.

But thats high stakes football around these parts.

I have heard Lamar speak, and honestly he seems like a real good kid. I am more concerned with long term ability to read NFL defenses.

Year 1 he will be exciting, when that NFL tape gets on him how and will he be able to adjust is the question.

i don't believe he is a fit for the Gase system but some team is gonna get one hell of an athlete when they select him.

Still think we should draft Lamar Jackson and run 2 QB sets. It could be the new wildcat.

Tannehill will be 30. Kinda stupid to still be waiting for your 30 year QB to develop, especially without a contingency plan in place. IMO his window is closing, RT will make pretty good backup QB, somewhere.
people don't get that. They expect big things. That bus left

Mayfield at 11 is a good pick. Problem is his ****iness and then going to live in Miami.
Jackson at 11 feels like a reach.

Agreed! I would take Mayfield at 11. Maybe that loss to GA brought him back down to reality. LJ, he is a maybe 2nd round project.

people don't get that. They expect big things. That bus left

Yup, Miami should definitely be looking at the future and get their QB that can be groomed. 30 with a bad knee....it isn’t going to get better.

I mean to be fair, people are all over Josh Allen and his "natural talent" even though he posted the same completion percentage as tom savage in college. Compiled with the other flaws in his game.

I am by no means advocating for Lamar, as he does not fit our offense. But the hate the guy received compared to players like Darnold and Allen is is astounding.

I have a pretty good idea why....

I have a pretty good idea why....

Yeah, it's because Josh Allen has one of the best arms I've ever seen in football. I don't know if he's got a Jeff George arm, but the fact that I even thought of Jeff George says a lot.

And again, I wouldn't draft Allen at 11. Too many question marks, too much development needed.

Back
Top Bottom