Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7 | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7

I’m not disagreeing with your premise...however, it’s my belief that Pitts is the only rare ( all-time freak) player that catches balls in this draft.

I think if we let this opportunity slip away....we will once again look back with deep regret on not drafting this monster.

It’s similar to how I’m sure Jimmy Johnson felt when he chose a trade down over Randy Moss.
Yeah but jimmy got Larry Shannon in that draft didn’t he? 😂
In order to take Pitts at #3 you have to not only believe he has superstar written all over him but you have to be comfortable putting all your eggs in that basket. Miami will get a truckload for that pick and a premiere receiver will be on the board at #8, guaranteed. I’m not a good enough evaluator to be that confident in Pitts. I love what I see, he looks special but that’s a big gamble at #3. I’m always leery to fall in love with a single player.

I would take Pitts at 3 if you can’t trade back to 6,7,8. He’ll be the most memorable non QB player out of this draft class IMO. Uncoverable. Slot, wide, traditional, backfield.

We've be screaming all off season about the lack of weapons, Pitts to me is the biggest weapon out there, why wouldn't we be interested ? Why wouldn't we spend the #3 pick on him ? He's not just a TE.
I agree. Can you imagine if this team signed Robinson in FA, then drafted Pitts and Harris?

Yeah but jimmy got Larry Shannon in that draft didn’t he? 😂
In order to take Pitts at #3 you have to not only believe he has superstar written all over him but you have to be comfortable putting all your eggs in that basket. Miami will get a truckload for that pick and a premiere receiver will be on the board at #8, guaranteed. I’m not a good enough evaluator to be that confident in Pitts. I love what I see, he looks special but that’s a big gamble at #3. I’m always leery to fall in love with a single player.
Would you have traded out of megatrons draft spot? I don’t think so......

Would you have traded out of megatrons draft spot? I don’t think so......
Let me know when he runs a 4.35 40.

Collegiate:

CJ: 178 rec, 2927 yds, 78 TDs

Pitts: 100 rec, 1492 yds, 18 TDs

Are you sure that's the comp you want to go with?

IMO, no player is ever a "sure thing" coming out of college.

If you just want to beat your chest, that's fine too.

But you have to draft somebody, and when you evaluate some prospects are more a sure thing than others based on historic evidence.

But you have to draft somebody, and when you evaluate some prospects are more a sure thing than others based on historic evidence.
Yes, but some posters act like a player is destined for Canton before ever taking an NFL snap.

Historical evidence is not a consideration when the conversation's premise includes things like "generational", "this guy is special", "he's different".

Yes, but some posters act like a player is destined for Canton before ever taking an NFL snap.

I dont take it literally, For example, if someone said Tua is a cant miss prospect, to me it means he is highest rated for that draft really and can play for sure. It can mean nothing more. Now, the issue is whether that is true.

As far as Pitts, he can play, we know that, and should be the highest ranked receiver depending on pro day testing, because he is a big boy receiver, physically dominant in addition having playing skills. That's what it boils down to, physical dominance. And you take that before anyone else. You do not take a less physically dominant player.

CK rubbing one off on twitter right now to Pitts;

When I saw film on pitts I was like wtf am I watching , legit legit prospect. Miami doesn’t have the vision or nutsack to draft this kid. The only thing I’m waiting for is his 40 time at his pro day. I’ll be shocked if grier( poop Gm, think Charles Harris) takes Pitt at 3 or Harris at 18.

Collegiate:

Pitts is fast, he’s also 6’6” 246, significantly bigger

Collegiate:

absolutely, because I have eyes.....

I don’t look at how many games they were able to play in...Last year for example was messed up.

They both finished in their junior years, let’s compare their production per game.

Calvin Johnson 5.43 receptions per game, 85.86 yards per game, 15.8 yards per catch, 1.07 TD’s per game

Kyle Pitts 5.38 receptions per game, 96.25 yards per game, 17.9 yards per catch, 1.5 TD’s per game.

Kyle Pitts was more productive per game, did more with each catch.

I’m very comfortable with that comparison!

I think Pitts could be a bigger monster in the NFL......

Pitts 6’6” -246

Johnson 6’5”- 239

I would view him more as a big receiver than a tight end. He wouldn't be replacing Gesicki in my plans, but more likely Williams. Get the ball close to this guy and he's catching it, plus I wouldn't doubt if he runs close to a 4.4 40.

Back
Top Bottom