Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7 | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7

It's stuff like this that has me worried about passing on Pitts, he's basically a perfect pick for the Pats, keeping him out of their hands would be another reason to pull the trigger:

And that’s the million dollar question myself and others like you have been asking, who is the best weapon? Cause thats what really matters right?

Last edited:
I would view him more as a big receiver than a tight end. He wouldn't be replacing Gesicki in my plans, but more likely Williams. Get the ball close to this guy and he's catching it, plus I wouldn't doubt if he runs close to a 4.4 40.
And the beauty of this guy is that he can go in line and get the job done, he can fool the defense because he can block thus allowing him to do so or go out in route from anywhere on the LOS..

When your not giving the tell when your #1 tight end is in the game, advantage offense.and when your tight end can actually block in the run game when They are threatened by the receiving prowess of said tight end, advantage offense..

Yeah but jimmy got Larry Shannon in that draft didn’t he? 😂
In order to take Pitts at #3 you have to not only believe he has superstar written all over him but you have to be comfortable putting all your eggs in that basket. Miami will get a truckload for that pick and a premiere receiver will be on the board at #8, guaranteed. I’m not a good enough evaluator to be that confident in Pitts. I love what I see, he looks special but that’s a big gamble at #3. I’m always leery to fall in love with a single player.
First and foremost, we can only assume we might get a "truckload" for #3. Tho I definitely believe the pick will be in demand! And yet again -- I have to underscore the fact it's a gift pick -- so we should use it as such and not be conservative. Personally I'd have a very hard time passing on Wilson if the Jets don't grab him. After that I believe the best value play is the trade for "truckload" scenario. Tho the only pathway to a certified "truckload" is to trade down to the bottom 1/3 of R1. If we nibble down we won't be getting anything extraordinary -- but most likely another R2. In this draft that additional R2 is good value. That said, this kid Pitts is VERY enticing and could prove to be impossible to pass on. I don't see him as a "TE" but a multi-positional football player / receiver who has the potential to be an IMPOSSIBLE mismatch. Point is he has so many special "features" including size, speed, quicks, explosion etc. Dude is definitely a HIGH-PERFORMANCE machine -- and if he optimizes his game in the NFL he's got a legit shot at "greatness." No guarantees but wow -- super lofty prospect.

I am beginning to think he would be excellent in our offense.

Gesicki and him could be interesting for next year it could be a Gronk & Hernandez type duo.

Gesicki also is a free agent after next year

Pitts seems like he's the best TE prospect in a decade and could literally be #4 #5 WR in this draft
Pitts isn't worth a top 10 pick.

they'd never be Gronk and Hernandez cause Gronk is a better blocker than Pitts and Gesicki. When those two were in the game NE could still run the ball.
Gronk is just a different type of tight end. Not all tight ends are the same. Even Hernandez wasnt the same type of tight end. Gronk does a lot more than being a good blocker, and pass catcher. He is hard to bring down. Skinnier tall tight ends can be brought down by dbs easier.

Gronk is just a different type of tight end. Not all tight ends are the same. Even Hernandez wasnt the same type of tight end. Gronk does a lot more than being a good blocker, and pass catcher. He is hard to bring down. Skinnier tall tight ends can be brought down by dbs easier.
Kyle Pitts is a first round receiver. Together with Smith, Chase, Waddle, Marshall, Olave.
What separates him from the other first round receivers is physical dominance. In that respect he stands above the others as a receiver. We need to wait for pro day measurements.

Pitts isn't worth a top 10 pick.
At this point in time it sure seems he's worthy of 10 for sure. The debate has shifted into top 5 IMO. And once you're top 5 you could be 2 or 3 whatever. The kid has too many special / rare performance traits / characteristics in a prototype package. IMO there's only 3 core physical differentials for most positions in football: bigger - faster - stronger. This kid effectively is a rare package of all 3. Plus he's 20. So consider the upside and project him in a Pro environment with top training / nutrition etc. and what's the product look like at 24, 25, 26... He definitely has MONSTER potential. That's what makes him a top 5 pick IMO.

Kyle Pitts is a first round receiver. Together with Smith, Chase, Waddle, Marshall, Olave.
What separates him from the other first round receivers is physical dominance. In that respect he stands above the others as a receiver. We need to wait for pro day measurements.
That is for a team to decide. When we go into the season we will see how great all these players we rave about are. With all the arguments people make here I am expecting every receiver to get 1000 yards minimum.

We’re comparing Pitts to the all-pro versions of Kelce, Gronk, Kittle, Waller

as prospects it’s not even close. Pitts is the superior prospect to every single one of them. He doesn’t require even a fraction of the projection that they did.

if it looks like a duck, and it sounds like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

Whether you want Pitts or not, that cat is one of the best receiving prospects to come out in a long time. Let alone TE. There’s nothing about his game that suggests he won’t come produce in the league.

That is for a team to decide. When we go into the season we will see how great all these players we rave about are. With all the arguments people make here I am expecting every receiver to get 1000 yards minimum.
Stats come down to opportunity. We’re not predicting stats for the kids. We’re predicting how their game translates to the NFL. We can’t say what their opportunity will be.

Well we all know the overwhelming odds are there WILL BE some "busts."

Seems to me identifying the highest bust potentials is as important as identifying upside.

For me, Smith has by far the highest bust potential based on his lack of physicality.

I think he's going to get busted up in the Pros. And manhandled.

Stats come down to opportunity. We’re not predicting stats for the kids. We’re predicting how their game translates to the NFL. We can’t say what their opportunity will be.
Semantics, if that is the case project them further out from top 10. So in hindsight when they suck in the NFL we can say they were worth a 3rd rounder?

I've read 4.5 area for the 40. If that holds to be true, that's damn good for his size. Not sure if he will do a 3 cone, but if he proves to be as agile as he seems on film, I'm thinking he easily moves ahead of the other recieving prospects IMO.

Back
Top Bottom