Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7 | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7

Semantics, if that is the case project them further out from top 10. So in hindsight when they suck in the NFL we can say they were worth a 3rd rounder?
You care to explain that further? I don’t follow.

Semantics, if that is the case project them further out from top 10. So in hindsight when they suck in the NFL we can say they were worth a 3rd rounder?
I don't quite follow what point you're trying to make?

I assume you're not impressed with Pitts right?

You do not see him worthy of top 10 let alone top 5.

If that's your take -- then of course you have every right to your opinion.

Point is --- all this stuff is speculation based on projections and NOT some kind of

guaranteed formula. But what folks are seeing in Pitts is "real" and it's formidable.

Bottom line -- lots of folks are seeing he's got the core package to be something really special in the NFL.

There are lots of really good prospects -- but few with such notable high-end upside potential.

I would respectfully suggest you missed the entire point if you think it is semantics.

The situation of the team a player is drafted by can make a huge difference in his career, that has little to do with the actual talent or ceiling of that player.

I would respectfully suggest you missed the entire point if you think it is semantics.

The situation of the team a player is drafted by can make a huge difference in his career, that has little to do with the actual talent or ceiling of that player.
So if the Lions draft you then you can say your career is over? I thought greatness is greatness period. Maybe the real point here is that college success doesn't translate into NFL success. Once you even up the playing field and you are put against superior talent then that is when we start seeing players deficiencies better. But yet we still feed off the player hype, teams draft who they feel is projected higher or lower based on their needs.

So if the Lions draft you then you can say your career is over? I thought greatness is greatness period. Maybe the real point here is that college success doesn't translate into NFL success. Once you even up the playing field and you are put against superior talent then that is when we start seeing players deficiencies better. But yet we still feed off the player hype, teams draft who they feel is projected higher or lower based on their needs.

Steve Young. Awful the Tampa Bay, great in San Francisco, so many more but little time today.

I don't quite follow what point you're trying to make?

I assume you're not impressed with Pitts right?

You do not see him worthy of top 10 let alone top 5.

If that's your take -- then of course you have every right to your opinion.

Point is --- all this stuff is speculation based on projections and NOT some kind of

guaranteed formula. But what folks are seeing in Pitts is "real" and it's formidable.

Bottom line -- lots of folks are seeing he's got the core package to be something really special in the NFL.

There are lots of really good prospects -- but few with such notable high-end upside potential.

Not for this team at all. I get people are just having diacussions but TE isn't a need over offensive line. We have the 7th ranked te in the league and the 28th ranked offensive line. Even if we had to trade down we still need to fill those positions.

The NFL is a truth serum in a way.

But it also makes a difference where a player lands -- and many times a HUGE difference.

Joe Montana lands in New Orleans and his career is probably over after 5 years.

Brady is another prime example --- he's still a "system" player no matter what anyone says.

He starts his career on a **** team and you would have never heard of him.

Even Marino benefited from the environment he landed in.

My fav all-time bad football karma is Archie Manning.

Had he landed with Bill Walsh NFL history would be very different.

Of course. In my opinion.

The NFL is a truth serum in a way.

But it also makes a difference where a player lands -- and many times a HUGE difference.

Joe Montana lands in New Orleans and his career is probably over after 5 years.

Brady is another prime example --- he's still a "system" player no matter what anyone says.

He starts his career on a **** team and you would have never heard of him.

Even Marino benefited from the environment he landed in.

My fav all-time bad football karma is Archie Manning.

Had he landed with Bill Walsh NFL history would be very different.

Of course. In my opinion.
Either Brady is a system player or a very smart football player. When you are a strong leader like him things just flow differently with players. Tampa entered the start of the season strongly but discounting Brady is probably too harsh and somewhat unfair.

Not for this team at all. I get people are just having diacussions but TE isn't a need over offensive line. We have the 7th ranked te in the league and the 28th ranked offensive line. Even if we had to trade down we still need to fill those positions.
I get your point.

But I think this kid transcends the idea of a "TE" in terms of application and potential productivity.

Of course he has to have a "position" per se -- but the kid is more "prototype" of a "position-less" receiver.

Either Brady is a system player or a very smart football player. When you are a strong leader like him things just flow differently with players. Tampa entered the start of the season strongly but discounting Brady is probably too harsh and somewhat unfair.
They got ALL the breaks and the officiating during the Stupid Bowl smacked of what we've witnessed with the Cheats for years with Brady (all the way back to the tuck rule BS).

Not sour grapes but it's kind of disgusting.

No. It's totally disgusting so we ignore it.

I don't think anyone is, or would argue otherwise.

As an example of what I was saying, do you think TB or Aikman have the same careers if drafted by, say, Cincinnati? Do you think Tory Holt and Isaac Bruce have the same stats without Martz, and Joe Flacco as the QB?

I think it applies moreso to offensive skill players, and some players are so dominant that they trancsend their situation, but for most guys, it makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom