Why the Dolphins shouldn't draft Jordan Love | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Dolphins shouldn't draft Jordan Love

More importantly you give two grades per category. A present grade (at time of evaluation in comparison to MLB average) and future grade (your future projection).

This is the gap analysis. The gap being the difference between the present and fully realized potential of the player. Love probably has the biggest gap in this QB class, but that also means there is more risk. I think Fromm has the smallest gap in the class. But I’d draft Fromm before Love.

On a side note, I think I’m starting to understand why Chad O’Shea isn’t around anymore. He wasn’t able to develop Rosen at all, and I don’t see how his overly complicated offense would be good for developing our next QB and closing that gap.

so I wouldn't mind Love, in the 2nd round.
I’d actually like to see us trade back into the end of round 1 to get him. I don’t know if he lasts that long, but I don’t think it’s a reach if he’s available to trade up from our top 2nd to get him, thus giving us that important 5th year option. I believe he’s a lot more coachable than some are giving him credit for, and if the chips fall into place we’d be able to get some building blocks around him with our first 3 picks (I like the idea of Thomas/Chiasson/Biadasz, among many other scenarios). Rosen and Fitz battle for the starting spot in 2020, Love sits and learns.

Do you have Love graded above Watson coming out?
Not saying they are necessarily the same QB at all, but I wonder grading wise as both come with some question marks.

Honest? No. But that’s because I had Watson nearly as high as Mahomes. It was Trubisky that I had down the board a bit. I do have Love better than him.

And yet it's pocket passers who consistently win Super Bowls. You'll be seeing the same thing 2 weeks from now when Jimmy G and the 49ers take down Mahomes and the Chiefs.
Really? So the superior 49er defense and running game will have nothing to do with it? It will be because Garoppolo is hanging out in the pocket where the magic winner dust is.

If Marino is the guy that comes to mind, I'm guessing it's not very common for a QB with Love's pattern of performance to make it in the NFL?

From what I’ve seen of Love, he doesn’t throw with the anticipation you want and he’s not super accurate if you’re looking for a precision passing offense. I don’t think a comp of somewhere between Colin Kaepernick and Josh Allen is lazy at all. CK was a good player for awhile.

Love‘s got some redeeming qualities, obviously. A d coordinator would be concerned about the possibility of the big play a la Josh Allen. That’s freaking scary and pulsating in a tight game late, when the defensive front seven is gassed. I see Love mocked to Indy a lot and he’d be a weapon for them. What I wonder about Indy is whether Chris Ballard and Frank Reich would prefer a more precise passer for their system like Jake Fromm on day 2. But Fromm could just as easily turn into Christian Ponder.

This is where I think he will struggle. I've heard him speak and he doesn't sound all that intelligent to me. Plus, his football IQ has been put into question. That's why I think he's a project, not a 1st rounder.

I hope this helps to clear up about how the Dolphins brass, including arguably the greatest QB to ever lace them up, feel about Love's intelligence and football IQ. If it pushes you further into your ignorance, that is all I need to know that the message was acknowledged:

Utah State’s Jordan Love isn’t the Dolphins’ Plan A at quarterback. Most plugged-in people here believe Tua Tagovailoa will be the team’s target, assuming he nails his physical at next month’s scouting Combine.

But Love very well might be Plan B after impressing team bigwigs during a private meeting this week. Special advisor Dan Marino, who joined Dolphins coaches and scouts for the Senior Bowl, was complimentary of how Love comported himself, a source tells the Miami Herald.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article239573383.html

I hope this helps to clear up about how the Dolphins brass, including arguably the greatest QB to ever lace them up, feel about Love's intelligence and football IQ. If it pushes you further into your ignorance, that is all I need to know that the message was acknowledged:

But Love very well might be Plan B after impressing team bigwigs during a private meeting this week. Special advisor Dan Marino, who joined Dolphins coaches and scouts for the Senior Bowl, was complimentary of how Love comported himself, a source tells the Miami Herald.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article239573383.html

Excuse me while I get my barf bucket ready!

I guess jordan love didn't do much at the senior Bowl game? Not surprised.

You do know that the Senior Bowl isn't what scouts come to Mobile to see...don't you?

Not surprisingly, Tua didn't do very well either in this Senior Bowl. I wonder if that will affect his draft stock?

I guess jordan love didn't do much at the senior Bowl game? Not surprised.

He's a complete hype job by people with an agenda. If we don't draft a QB this year, those same people will be telling us to bypass Trevor Lawrence or whomever for Justin Fields. He'll be the agenda types man next year.

You do know that the Senior Bowl isn't what scouts come to Mobile to see...don't you?

Not surprisingly, Tua didn't do very well either in this Senior Bowl. I wonder if that will affect his draft stock?
Comparing a guy who was at the senior bowl vs a guy who isnt even a senior.... makes sense

Comparing a guy who was at the senior bowl vs a guy who isnt even a senior.... makes sense
Yes it does especially, when the one who wasn't at the Senior Bowl couldn't have participated even if he was a senior because he's trying to keep from becoming a gimp.

Yes it does especially, when the one who wasn't at the Senior Bowl couldn't have participated even if he was a senior because he's trying to keep from becoming a gimp.
Keep reaching man. It was a stupid sentence

"Not surprisingly, Tua didn't do very well either in this Senior Bowl. I wonder if that will affect his draft stock?"

Of course he didnt do very well in the thing he didnt participate in.... I mean jesus dude

Back
Top Bottom