Why the Miami Dolphins will be under .500 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Miami Dolphins will be under .500

the difference between saban and wanny should get us 4 more wins...

i actually agree with most, if not all what he has said

ronnie brown/ricky instead of minor/gordon/morris...

Wagon Circler said:
When he was in there all he did was tuck and run? Oh out of the minimal time he was in, you watched every single bills game the whole season to determine this? Yeah, right. The fact of the matter is he only played in garbage time and mostly handed the ball off. Probably the only game you saw of Losman was the nationally televised game where he was thrown to the wolves in the midst of a blowout at the hands of the superbowl champs.

By the way, a lot of people mention that stupid Ms. Cleo crap on this board, but you take the cake. Telling me that I didn't know who JP was before we drafted him. Can you tell me anything else about my knowledge pool please? Come on, that was just a stupid assumption.
...if you feel that the opinions in reference to Losman in this site, are not correct, but are just from homer fins fans, I suggest you to go to ESPN.com and take a look at the national pool where the bills are voted last in the Division and Losman is not the QB that you think he is.

I don't care........... this was actually a pretty good post by that Bills fan. Only part I can honestly disagree with is the RB grade......... I just truly feel that Brown will be awesome, and even if he were to go down, Sammy Morris was damn near spectacular last year all things considered.........We had the absolute WORST O-line in the NFL last year, NO passing game, and Morris still managed 4 yards per carry. I feel we're going to be A LOT better than everyone thinks, but until they prove it, I can't really say too much

Aqua Man said:
Ok, all knowing Bills fan. I can give you a few reasons your post is off:

First of all, you make the case that even if Ronnie Brown is good, we really don't have anybody behind him (assuming Ricky doesn't come back.) Well, let me ask you, did we have anybody behind Ricky when he was at his peak? The answer is no, and while that was not an ideal situation, we still managed to find our way to 10-6 records. In fact, now that we are 1 year removed from Ricky leaving, we are probably in a better place with Minor and Morris getting some snaps, as well as returning Lamar Gordon from injury. While none of those are household names, Morris proved last year that they could be effective if the O-line holds up (we'll get to the O-line later!)

Then, you go on record as saying that Ricky is 45 pounds under playing weight. You obviously ignored the facts while making this statement, and a simple example of a Bills fan trying to make a situation sound worse than it really is. The lowest reported weight on Ricky since he left was 195 lbs. He was playing @ 225 lbs when he left. I don't know how you do math in Buffalo, but that puts him at 30 lbs lower in my book. Plus, he's reportedly already began working out and beefing up again. And, factor in that this guy has until October to keep gaining weight because of the 4 game suspension he would face. The guy has 3 1/2 months before he can ever step foot onto a field again. I hate to dissapoint you, but he will not be 195 lbs when that time comes.

Next, your O-line take. You mention we've only added McDougal, and then coviently forget to mention that Miami hired Hudson Houck to coach the O-line. He is quite possibly the highest regarded OL coach in the entire league. last season in SD, he took a line of 5 new starters (4 of them new to the Chargers), and built one of the best O-lines in the entire league. Miami would be better on the O-line had they brought nobody in. It's definitley a position that you get better at the longer you have continuity there. Add in McDougal, Houck, and some added depth (such as Cook from Cleveland, and the positive reports thus far on Carey), and I wouldn't want to count on Miami's O-line sucking if I were you.

As far as Miami having "underachieving" WR's, I think a Buffalo fan would know more about this than possibly any other fan in the league. Moulds is a good WR, but never could take the next step to becoming a franchise WR. Josh Reed has been a bitter dissapointment. Perless Price was 1 good season and done in Buffalo, and although Lee had an impressive rookie year, let's wait and see how he does in is Sophmore effort and let's also wait and see how his already f**ked up knees continue to hold up. I would take Chambers, Booker, and Boston over your top 3 anyday of the week. Moulds is better than any of them, but Reed is a non-factor, and Lee is still unproven and a huge injury risk in my book. Oh, and as far as recieving TE's go, you guys have nobody even on the same planet as McMichael.

And most importantly: You can come in here acting like you know what to expect from the Miami Dolphins. But in truth, for the first time in a long time, nobody in the AFC East has an inkling of what Miami will be doing. It will not be the same vanilla defense you're used to faceing, and it will not be the same vanilla offense either. Hell, we don't even know what to expect, so I can't imagine how some Bills fan would.

Buffalo is an AFC East fringe team. You're probably scared (even though you'll never admit it), and you should be. Simply put, from coaches to players, Miami has easily improved more than Buffalo. Buffalo is a team Miami could easily jump up and bite in the ***. Miami is not going to catch the Pats or the Jets, but I wouldn't be suprised at all to see Miami knock Buffalo into the cellar of the division.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Oc5er said:
[Mod Note: This post is fine, but the thread is closed while I sort through it and start doling out lots of time off, maybe even a ban or two. See you all later in the thread.

P4E

Mod Update: Okay... a couple more suspensions and warnings are done. I'm going to re-open this thread. But here's the thing: It's going to stay on topic. It's not a thread about each other... or the Bills... or message boards...

This is a thread about whether or why the Dolphins will be under .500, PERIOD.

ANYONE WHO POSTS ANYTHING OFF TOPIC, PERSONAL AND DEROGATORY, OR SPECIFIC TO ANY TEAM OTHER THAN THE DOLPHINS IS GOING ON VACATION. GOT THAT?

NOW... POST AT YOUR OWN RISK.]

Before I start. If you dont have anything intelligent to post, do us all a favor and DONT RESPOND. This isnt a post to "anger" Dolphins fans, its a post made to counteract all the homerism on this website. Its also my opinion, if you dont agree with it, thats fine. But explain why, dont just say stupid things like "OMG GO AWAY" and "YOURE A BARFALLO BILLS FAN." Thank you.

Quarterbacks: Your Quarterbacks are AJ Feeley and Gus Frerotte. Feeley started 8 games last year behind a poor offensive line and threw for 11 TD's and 15 INT's. Not HORRIBLE, but far from good. Frerotte, a 12 year vet with his 6th different team has never proven to be that great. He had one good year in Minnesota in which he started 2 games and posted 7 TD's and 2 Int's. Other than that, hes been mediocre at best. If your O-line is improved, your quarterback play will be much improved but still, there isnt a LOT of talent here. I give your QB's a C.

Running Backs: Lets ASSUME that Ricky Williams never puts on a Miami Dolphins uniform again. Ronnie Brown was a pretty good college running back had good stats, hes a big guy, strong, he'll be able to take a lot of carries and still run strong. But, he IS a rookie and no one knows how he will perform. And, behind him, who do you have? Virtually no one. Assuming Ricky DOES come back, he hasnt played football in over a year, and hes down like 45 pounds from what he was when he was in football shape. PLUS, who knows WHATS going on in his head. He might come back for one game and decide he doesnt want to play anymore. Hes a headcase who cant be counted on. So, unless Ronnie Brown busts out for like 1,500 yards in his rookie year which is highly unlikely. For THIS season, your running back situation could be a problem. I give them a C+.

Receivers: Miami has got some pretty good receivers. But, underacheivers if you ask me. Chambers has the ability to be the best receiver in the AFC East but he hasn't used it. Only 69 catches and 7 touchdowns last year. Thats just not cutting it. Bringing in Marty Booker was a great pick up, he'll help the Dolphins a lot. And assuming that David Boston can stay healthy. Id say hes good for at least 45 or so catches and a few touchdowns. He is coming off major surgery though and hasnt played in over a year so who knows how he'll perform. Derrius Thompson, we wont even get into him. But, of course, your receivers can only perform well when your quarterback can get them the ball. But, assuming you have fairly good QB play, your receivers should do well. I give them a B.

O-Line: Aside from Stockar McDougle, who has Miami picked up? They didnt even draft an offensive lineman until the 5th round. And hes not starting. Its pretty much the same O-line from last year. And if they preform like they did last year, Miami's offense is in for a loooooong season. Nothing really more to say about these guys. They just need to step their game up. I give them a C-.

D-Line: Your strong point. You lost Ogunleye who was a force which did hurt. But, the Dolphins signed Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter, both pretty good pickups. And they still have Jason Taylor. This unit has been pretty solid year in and year out and I think theyll have a good year this year. Taylor should have double digit sacks with ease. With the new additions I give them a B+.

Linebackers: Zach Thomas leads this group. Although hes getting up there in age, hes still preformed quite well every year. Junior Seau is pretty much at the end of his career and doesnt really look like the player he used to be at all. I dont really expect much out of him. Other than those guys the Dolphins are lacking. They drafted Channing Crowder who could be a great player for them, but they really need him to step up immediately. Ill say the Dolphins linebackers will struggle a little early but I expect Crowder to step in nicely with the veteran wisdom of Seau and Thomas to help him. I give them a B-.

Defensive Backs: The Dolphins traded Patrick Surtain :shakeno: which leaves Sam Madison as the leader of the secondary basically. Madison has been in the league for 9 years and isnt getting any younger. Hes clearly not the same player he used to be either. Reggie Howard could be a good player for Miami as hes had a pretty good career thus far. And Will Poole had a pretty decent rookie year, hopefully he can keep it up. The Dolphins got Tebucky Jones who im my opinion is very overrated. New England knew what they were doing when they got rid of him and they only benefited from it. And now Jones is on his 3rd team. Neither of the 1st two teams really had any reluctance in getting rid of him. (And you know its tough for me to say this too because im from Syracuse) Your free safety is Travares Tillman, a former Bills cast off. This guys really got nothing to bring to the table. He was nothing more than a backup in Buffalo and I really dont think hes going to do anything for Miami this year. I give the DB's a C.

Special Teams: Mare is solid as usual. And should be again this year. And Wes Welker turned out to be a great special teams guy for the Dolphins. The Dolphins special teams were pretty solid last year and should be even better this year. I give them an A-.

I expect Miami to win more games than they did last year, no doubt about it. And they MAY even finish at 8-8. But, if you ask me, im going to predict a 7-9 record for Miami. These are my opinions. If you want to know how I feel about the my Bills, Ill tell you that as well. Im not a homer as most people are. If you dont agree with these, tell me why. All I ask is that you post something intelligent, please.

Well I am in the minority b/c I agree with most of what you said. QB is gonna come down to how well Gus does. I feel he is something of a late bloomer and could turn into something like Rich Gannon. He still has a lively arm and knows the system he will be playing in. If our running game can take some pressure off of him, then he could turn out to be a solid starter until we get someone in next year who can become a long term answer. But I would only raise your grade from a C to maybe a B-, and if AJ wins the job I feel you OVERRATED this position.

The other positions that I feel you missed on is RB and LB. I wouldn't trade our RB pos. with anyone in football. Sammy Morris came on strong when giving the chance last year, and he may be 5th on the depth chart this year. Brown has a great attitude and lots of talent to do everything Mashall Faulk has done in this league. We also have Gordon, and Kay Jay, and that is not even including the RW factor. If RW comes back to spell Brown for late in the season when he hits the rookie wall, I say it is a solid A. A- if RW does not come back.

As for LB, we have a lot of young talent to go with experience. You also forgot Spragan. I agree JR is probably not going to see as much onfield time as last year, but with Moore, Crowder, JT playing some outside, Jenkins, Pope. I feel once they get the new system down we will be solid there as well. By the end of the season, I feel we could be a B here.

I feel you may have graded the Dline off of previous years. Losing TimBo, maybe Chester, and switching the the 3-4 part of the time, I wonder if you maybe OVERRATED this position. Roth is an unknown and I would give them a B- at best.

The Oline is the one variable. I really feel we have the talent to be a top 15 Oline. James at LG was voted the Panthers top Olineman two years ago. McDougle was easily the Lions best lineman last year, including Damien Woody. With Hadnot, Stclair, Carey, I feel we will have good depth and will be solid at everywhere but LT. McIntosh played hurt last year but I am still not sold on him. I do feel that Oline is the one position that coaching can help more than any other on the team. You can already see a new attitude and I would give us an optimistic C+. Maybe that is a bit of a homerism but that is the way I feel. The Oline played much better at the end of the season last year.

As for everything else....yeah we are a young team headed in the right direction IMO. I can see between 6-9 wins. More on the lower side.

Oc5er said:
As I said before PressCoverage.

Its closer to a C as I dont see the Dolphins special teams winning any games for them. And just because their average grade may come out to be a B-. That doesnt mean thats how well theyre going to perform now does it?

Well just because YOU tagged all those grades that YOU think they are doesnt mean thats how well OR NOT WELL they are going to perform now does it? Or maybe you hopped in your DeLorean got it up to 88 miles per hour and already seen the results for next year.....Im guessin you havent.....Im also guessing when the Bills started out 0-5 last year you were quiet as a mouse. You can guess all you want on a teams proposed promise for the upcoming year.....but that as ol Boomer says..."is why they play the games."

Oc5er said:
You didnt even read the post.

Honestly, just dont respond if you have nothing intelligent to say. Good GOD.

I agree with most of what you said ,believe it or not! the most important thing to me is that Saban seems to have this team moving in the right direction, I frankly would be suprised if we didnt take baby steps this first year.

buffalo wont win six game with that QB, and mcghee is one hit away from being done

Losman7 said:
See how you have many factors, we don't. Losman and LT are the only two unkowns on our team. We are confident at every other position, and the players playing the positions know the game plan, they have expieriance in it .

We have a total of 3 new starters from last year when we swept you, how many new players are suiting up for the Fins this year?
:huh:
And the Dolphins roster has not changed from last year????
"Losman and LT are the only two unkowns on our team." So losing P Williams and the guy or guy's replacing him isn't an unknown??
"and the players playing the positions know the game plan, they have expieriance in it" And the replacements for P Williams are just as good or better? :rofl3: I won't even bring up M Williams or how long McGahee will last in a 16 game schedule, not to mention the cancer T Henry will bring to the lockerroom!!!
:lol2:

Marino1983

Mr. Right said:
IMO, if you had at least an average QB, you could be 9-7, but with AJ Feely, you wont get more then 6 to 7 wins
So considering the way the Dolphin coaching staff handled the offensive side of the ball last season YOU consider AJ Feely a below average qb??
:goof:

:lol:

Marino1983

bills fans are calling us homers but the biggest indictment with them is that after they won 6 games in a row, they couldnt win when they had to against a pitt. team that had nothing to play for and was playing 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 2nd half...the game was also played at buffalo...now they turned everything over to a 2nd year qb who threw 7 passes last year...no pat williams or jonas jennings...i like our chances when we play them this year...

Oc5er said:
No, youre just another one of the homers with nothing intelligent to say Calphin

You stated earlier that you did not want any rude remarks, just smart conversation, while I agree that some of the posts here have been rude, you have not been exactly polite yourself. I do not agree with your post because IMO I don't think you put any thought into it at all. I think you came here to attack us and our team and our website, which IMO is the best fan site around. So practice what you preach. You don't see me lurking at any Bills sites, I would never lower myself like that. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom