Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith? | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith?

Ummm...false. Weight can make a difference..at least if it's added muscle. But we'll see if he overcomes the critics and long odds!
First, let me say I love Pitts and I'm all in on him. With that said, in no way, shape, or form are Smith's odds to succeed long. He'll play in the NFL at 180-185 (no, it won't slow him down) and he's about the best route runner to come out since Marvin Harrison. Oh by the way, he was a 6'0" 185 lb receiver. We literally just had everyone on our board get excited to sign Will Fuller, who's the exact same size without all the tools Smith has coming out of college.

Nobody is going to be able to play this guy at the line because he's too fast and incredibly smart. Also, let's face it, the fear of getting fined has changed how safeties hit as well. Put him on the Chiefs or with a coach that knows how to scheme, and these one on one matchups go away.

I would draft Pitts because I think he's a generational talent and is a matchup nightmare. However, I could see his bust factor being bigger than Smith. He's one of those guys that has an "it" factor you can't teach.

Ummm...false. Weight can make a difference..at least if it's added muscle. But we'll see if he overcomes the critics and long odds!

You keep saying subjective things. Where’s the undeniable proof?
There are no “long odds”. You’re just making $#@& up.

A long list of slim even small receivers that have been successful and played a long time has been brought up many times. Where’s the long list of slim receivers that didn’t make it unequivocally because they were too thin?

There isn’t such a list. Which is why it’s 100% clear your pushing a false narrative.

Look, we all get it. You’re in love with Kyle Pitts. Many others like him too, including myself.

But mocking Smith isn’t helping your case.

Case in point, it’s been brought up numerous times that Kyle Pitts missed more games just last season than Devonta Smith missed the past 3 seasons.

How can that be if his slight frame somehow makes him more susceptible to injury?

Hell, Smith even had a lot more touches than Pitts, yet still managed not to get injured until the title game. And even that was a hand injury anyone can get.

He also out-produced JaMarr Chase’s 2019 and did so in less games. Despite Chase having twice the leg size, as some other goofball stated.

You guys keep trying to poke holes in Smith’s game, despite the guys you’re lobbying for missing more games and producing less.

At some point you just gotta tip your cap to the guy and admit the obvious. Whatever physical limitations he has, haven’t caused a single issue or held him back. Meanwhile thicker, stronger players can’t stay on the field as consistently as he has.

You can mock and post laughing emoji’s all you want, but that’s the factual truth.

None of us know how the future will unfold. All we have to go on is what has transpired up to now. And Devonta Smith’s slim physique has not been a cause for concern in the least. And he has produced like no other.

I get liking Pitts, Chase and Waddle equally or more. I like those players too. But mocking and disparaging Devonta Smith is completely unwarranted.

The concerns are unwarranted too, not only based upon his playing history but also based upon the laundry list of similarly built players with long history of NFL success.

Last edited:
the depth and substance of your rebuttal is mind-staggering
Yes. I know. I've stated my piece. Watch the tape. Listen to the real experts. No one thinks Smith is as rare or talented than than Pitts. Haha. Maybe some here do. You know what, time will tell. Truly. I'll put my faith on Pitts. I think Smith will be fine. He's just not better than Pitts..or Chase for that matter. He won't even run at pro-day..what does that tell you?

Yes. I know. I've stated my piece. Watch the tape. Listen to the real experts. No one thinks Smith is as rare or talented than than Pitts. Haha. Maybe some here do. You know what, time will tell. Truly. I'll put my faith on Pitts. I think Smith will be fine. He's just not better than Pitts..or Chase for that matter. He won't even run at pro-day..what does that tell you?

that he has nothing to gain by running. if i were smith i'd probably point to my tape as well. all the questions that can be answered in advance, are getting answered there.

that he has nothing to gain by running. if i were smith i'd probably point to my tape as well. all the questions that can be answered in advance, are getting answered there.
Haha..in other words he's "Scared" he may "hurt his stock" if he runs. Point taken. Not the kind of kid and attitude I want on my team.

I have nothing against Pitts and I wouldn’t be upset if he is the Dolphins pick. But you are being ridiculous when you point out that Smith won’t run at his pro day. Exactly what does he have to prove by even showing up at pro day?

All you have to do is turn on the tape and watch how he destroyed defenses all last year. I really don’t care at all how any player looks or runs in shorts. I only care about how they play on game day and nobody in college last year played better than Smith. That is why he won the Heisman.

Pitts may or may not end up being better than Smith in the NFL but when it came to how they played in college, Smith was the better player by a wide margin. I don’t care if Smith pulls up a chair and just sits around watching all the other players perform during pro days. Smith has absolutely nothing to prove because he already proved everything he needed to prove during the season.

I have nothing against Pitts and I wouldn’t be upset if he is the Dolphins pick. But you are being ridiculous when you point out that Smith won’t run at his pro day. Exactly what does he have to prove by even showing up at pro day?

All you have to do is turn on the tape and watch how he destroyed defenses all last year. I could really not care at all how any player looks or runs in shorts. I only care about how they play on game day and nobody in college last year played better than Smith. That is why he won the Heisman.

Pitts may or may not end up being better than Smith in the NFL but when it came to how they played in college, Smith was the better player by a wide margin. I don’t care if Smith pulls up a chair and just sits around watching all the other players perform during pro days. Smith has absolutely nothing to prove because he already proved everything he needed to prove during the season.
Better player by wide margin? Explain to me how? Four year career, great numbers, sure! But who is higher thought of as a prospect and mismatch? Facts are facts, bro. Get with busy living, or get busy dying! Respect it!

Better player by wide margin? Explain to me how? Four year career, great numbers, sure! But who is higher thought of as a prospect and mismatch? Facts are facts, bro. Get with busy living, or get busy dying! Respect it!
Better player by a wide margin is exactly what I meant and is exactly what Smith was compared to Pitts.
You do realize that Smith had more yards and more TD’s last year than Pitts had in his entire career at Florida.

I understand that you are a Gator fan and you think every player at Florida is the best player in the draft at their position. But your inability to recognize how much better Smith was at Alabama than Pitts was at Florida just shows that you don’t want to admit that Smith was better in college than Pitts.

I admitted that I have no idea who will be better in the NFL but I would be happy with either of them on the Dolphins. I do believe that Smith is likely going to be the Dolphins pick because I think the Falcons will take Pitts at 4. In fact I think Smith will likely be the Dolphins pick at 6 even if Pitts is still on the board.

I think the Dolphins care more about production on the field than they care about how a prospect looks in shorts and they are smart enough to know that no player in college was more productive on the field than Smith.

Last edited:
Better player by a wide margin is exactly what I meant and is exactly what Smith was compared to Pitts.
You do realize that Smith had more yards and more TD’s last year than Pitts had in his entire career at Florida.

I understand that you are a Gator fan and you think every player at Florida is the best player in the draft at their position. But your inability to recognize how much better Smith was at Alabama than Pitts was at Florida just shows that you don’t want to admit that Smith was better in college than Pitts.

I admitted that I have no idea who would be better in the NFL but I would be happy with either of them on the Dolphins. I do believe that Smith is likely going to be the Dolphins pick because I think the Falcons will take Pitts at 4. In fact I think Smith will likely be the Dolphins pick at 6 even if Pitts is still on the board.

I think the Dolphins care more about production on the field than they care about how a prospect looks in shorts and they are smart enough to know that no player in college was more productive on the field than Smith.
He is not just good in shorts. Shows what you know, 1972. Watch some college games and don't just be a stat freak..Jesus. Your lack of ****** is evident!

Back
Top Bottom