Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith? | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith?

Better to be an old boomer than a young child. Exactly how preferring one player over another player means I am living in the past would only make sense to someone who has the mind of an 8 year old,

I now realize that I have been trying to be rational with a child and I should have known better. Enjoy elementary school and hopefully you will one day grow old too.
Impressive.

I mean, DeSean Jackson, to name one, kinda current one who has played a decade in the NFL at 175 pounds just saying. You might want to actually watch the games.
You made my point then. Desean Jackson is a prime example of what Devonta will be, great when he plays, but hurt all the time. I watch enough games to know that. These kinds of players make enough big time plays to keep your hopes up but dont see the field enough because they get hurt in the NFL. Its a big boys league now.

Wasn't Pitts 7 for 129 and a TD against Bama in that title game? Hardly chump change for a TE and when compared to arguably the best WR coming out in the draft those stats aren't much different considering you are comparing an Apple to an Orange.
Yes...and a clear memory I have of that game was Pitts beating Surtain early in that game...he is not “just a tight end”....he is an extremely talented large “receiver” that is a mismatch problem for defenses!

You made my point then. Desean Jackson is a prime example of what Devonta will be, great when he plays, but hurt all the time. I watch enough games to know that. These kinds of players make enough big time plays to keep your hopes up but dont see the field enough because they get hurt in the NFL. Its a big boys league now.

DeSean Jackson missed 10 games in his first 7 seasons. the injuries really only started piling up as of 2015, when he was 29. he did play 15 games at age 30 and 14 games at 31, mind you.

You are Just a child who doesn’t even take the time to read anything. I admitted that I would have no problem with the Dolphins drafting Pitts but that doesn’t mean that I don’t prefer Smith over Pitts.

I watched a lot of college games last year and what I saw was Smith was better than Pitts and Alabama was better than Florida. The fact Smith won the Heisman and Pitts finished 10th in voting clearly shows that voters who watched both players clearly saw that Smith was the better college player.

Your lack of knowledge when it comes to college football is clearly evident in everything you write. With you, it is all about Florida football and everything else is irrelevant. The last I checked, Florida football hasn’t been relevant since Tebow was the QB and that was over a decade ago.
just because he was better in college doesnt mean it translates to the NFL. Alabama was stacked across the board. Chances are these top players arent going to the most stacked team in the NFL, where ALL players are elite in their own way.

Pitts skilset is NFL ready. That includes his athleticism and physical traits. The guy has the largest wingspan for a receiver of any kind. Bigger than Megatron, Waller, and Kelce. He didnt drop a pass last season. He owned Alabama in that game.

Put Pitts on Alabama and see what he does. He would be in the running for Heismann. Smith is a good receiver and Ill hope he stays off IR if we draft him, but im sorry, Pitts is clearly the better player overall and if he is there, The Fins are taking him.

just because he was better in college doesnt mean it translates to the NFL. Alabama was stacked across the board. Chances are these top players arent going to the most stacked team in the NFL, where ALL players are elite in their own way.

Pitts skilset is NFL ready. That includes his athleticism and physical traits. The guy has the largest wingspan for a receiver of any kind. Bigger than Megatron, Waller, and Kelce. He didnt drop a pass last season. He owned Alabama in that game.

Put Pitts on Alabama and see what he does. He would be in the running for Heismann. Smith is a good receiver and Ill hope he stays off IR if we draft him, but im sorry, Pitts is clearly the better player overall and if he is there, The Fins are taking him.
He broke 100 yards 3 times in 8 games then got injured.

Hurt all the time? Out of 12 years he has only played less than 14 games 4 times??? And the majority of that came in the later years. Lol you really don't watch the game huh.

You're clueless than. Size. Length. And yes, comparable speed for such large men! Doh!
Calvin Johnson was running mid to low 4.3s in his sleep. A 10th of a second is not comparable speed.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Back
Top Bottom