Without Tannehill, We'd be the Browns (In-depth research) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Without Tannehill, We'd be the Browns (In-depth research)

What part am I missing here? You just lumped me into this category. Maybe you should proofread what you're writing so YOU can understand it better.

Your right I should have put a and/or in there for you. The premise remains the same in either case. Being you and others continue on the one hand to stand by Tannehill, while advocating the same BS year in and year out...expecting a different outcome.

Here is the problem. What you see clearly with your own eyes is different than what others see. If that is all you offer as logic or fact, it's neither. Stats, breakdown of plays, other respected opinions help in backing your opinion. If all you say is he clearly sucks, or he is untouchable to many on here or other blanket statements, it's only how you actually feel about it, not a fact or consensus . Which is fine, its a message board, but it is far from factual

What's factual is the end result.

Hell, we were neck-in-neck with them in point differential.

We were bad. Really, really bad. That's what happens when you go from a good quarterback to an awful one.

1. we weren't neck and neck with them

2. We've only been in the positive territory in point differential with Tannehill one season, and we barely squeaked in the positive at +1 (2014)

3. Jacksonville went from -5 to +9, same QB both seasons.

Here is the problem. What you see clearly with your own eyes is different than what others see. If that is all you offer as logic or fact, it's neither. Stats, breakdown of plays, other respected opinions help in backing your opinion. If all you say is he clearly sucks, or he is untouchable to many on here or other blanket statements, it's only how you actually feel about it, not a fact or consensus . Which is fine, its a message board, but it is far from factual

passing offense.png

Agreed. The stuff in between, on personal feelings about certain players or coaches that is tried to be passed off as fact, is not.

Feelings do cloud thought. Ones bias does to.

What's factual is the end result.
End Result is that
from 13-14, Matt Ryan already with 5 years under his belt and with WRs and a GOAT TE (for '13) won 6 less games than did Tannehill with one year in - and we all know what he had to work with and through

from '12-'15 basically same scenarios, Tannehill won 4 more games than Ryan
That must mean that Tannehill with less to work with, and that many more wins was the better QB, because "end results matter." right!

2. We've only been in the positive territory in point differential with Tannehill one season, and we barely squeaked in the positive at +1 (2014)

1. Yep. Sure were.

2. Cool story. That's the point. This team sucks. We'd be a lot worse without a good QB.

3. The team improved. Unless you think Bortles is a good player, which wouldn't surprise me.

we can play the what if game with every team. if u want to play that game, last year if codey parkey dosent miss any of his 3 chip shot fgs with cleveland vs miami, we start 0-5 last year, if kenyon drake dosent return a kickoff return for i think it was 96 yds last year vs the jets, we most likely lose that game also.

i am not arguing how awful cutler was, he was awful and i never wanted him here. what i am saying is that even with tannehill, our offense is not special by any means , and with tannehill we have never won more than 8 games in a season, and with have won less in 2 of the 5 seasons. this year despite the awful qb play, we still won 6, which is around what the dolphins normally win most years, 6,7,8, games with or without ryan. That is all i was saying.

And here is what the dolphins are avg pts wise with tannehill as qb every season thus far

2012- 18 ppg, as a team, but 17.2 with tannehill in 15 games ( he left the dolphin jet game early in the 1st when the score was 0-0, and we scored 30 which inflated our ppg avg because it was so low. - ranked 27th in nfl in ppg
2013-19.8 ppg- ranked 26th in ppg
2014-24.2 ppg- ranked 11th ( only season in top half in ppg)
2015-19.4 ppg- ranked 27th
2016-22.1 ppg , in the 13 games started by ryan, we avg 21.6 ppg.- ranked 19th

in 2017 with cutler we were ranked 28th, which as u can see above, is really not much worse than in 2012, 2013 or 2015. only season we ranked high with ryan was 2014.

so yes, we are ''better'' with ryan than cutler obviously, but our offense has been nowhere near good in the only thing that counts, which is the scoreboard, with ryan either.

You can throw as many team stats out as you want, and try to blame them on Tannehill. I'll blame it on the worst collective offensive line over the course of five years in the NFL - and skill players that are well below average.

Hell, look at Seattle. Their offense sucks. Do you think they blame it on Wilson?

LOL. You were right earlier, I might as well be arguing with myself.

You (on point differential): thats what happens when you go from a good QB to a bad QB
Me: what about Bortles and the Jags
You: thats what happens when you go from a bad team to a good team...

So which is it?

You can throw as many team stats out as you want, and try to blame them on Tannehill. I'll blame it on the worst collective offensive line over the course of five years in the NFL - and skill players that are well below average.

Hell, look at Seattle. Their offense sucks. Do you think they blame it on Wilson?
u go ahead and do that. its what most tannehill apologists do, its everyone but him.

u were the one who stated how awful our offense was with cutler this year ( and u were right) and that is what we get without tannehill out there.

what the numbers show, is that in 4 of the 5 seasons with tannehill starting, we finished in the bottom half of ppg amongst the 32 nfl teams, and in 3 of those 5 seasons, we basically finished in ppg where we finished without him this year.

Also, tannehill is nowhere near wilsons level. only on this site can people come up with a reason as to how they are pretty much at the same level.

1. Yep. Sure were.

2. Cool story. That's the point. This team sucks. We'd be a lot worse without a good QB.

3. The team improved. Unless you think Bortles is a good player, which wouldn't surprise me.
this is where u are wrong. aside from the 2007 season when we went 1-15, and 2008 when we went 11-5, we have been winning anywhere between 6 and 10 games since the 2009 season, no matter who the qb was, and we have gone through a ton of shitty qbs

heck with chad henne at qb in 09 we finished 7-9, and in 2010 and 2011 we went 6-10. with tannehill we have had 1 season worse than that, and 1 season the same, followed by 2 8-8 seasons, and an incomplete for 2016, because we could have finished 8-8 or 11-5, will never know.

u want to talk about a team that drops off significantly without there starting qb, look at gb. started 4-1, finished 3-8 once rodgers went down. that is a difference maker at qb, not ours.

Back
Top Bottom