Without Tannehill, We'd be the Browns (In-depth research) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Without Tannehill, We'd be the Browns (In-depth research)

Op may disagree with me there on what the secondary progression is there but you don’t by pass the primary one when it’s open based on the sticks and the play design.

Anyways I’ve been waiting a long time for someone to come on this board with this kind of stuff. It’s excellent stuff

im not the one living in fantasy land. our offensive output, with the exception of 1 year ( under the absolutely awful worst coach in nfl history joe philbin) has been below average.

this is a results business, as long as our offense continues to not put pts on scoreboard on a consistent basis, this team wont go anywhere.

what makes u feel good though.

I appreciate your attempt to strength my argument.

You just called Philbin the worst coach in history.

Jeff Fisher with Jared Goff....

Now Sean McVay with Jared Goff....

Do you think Goff just learned how to play all of a sudden.

You can't make this stuff up.

This is a pretty interesting stat. Tannehill has started 77 games for the Dolphins. His starting record is 37-40. He has led his team to 1604 points in those 77 games. 20.8 points per game.

If you take the most recent 77 regular season starts not started by Ryan (08-11,16,17) and make a comparison here is what you find.

P10, Henne, Moore, Cutler combined for the following

Starting record 37-40. Identical. Those teams scored 1550 points (20.1 points per game) Pretty close to identical.

So the first round QB really hasn't changed a thing for this franchise. Same offensive output, Same record. I expected more. I haven't given up but it is time for Tannehill to start making a difference for this team. 77 games of stats show that he hasn't.

You're using team success. Isolate players.

May as well cut Cam Wake, Ndamukong Suh and Reshad JOnes.... Cause this defense sucks. They obviously all suck.

although i didnt say i was being sarcastic , many ppl on here when philbin was our coach, at first they loved him, and then once we never achieved anything with him, ppl would say how philbin was the worst coach in nfl history, basically it was used to shift blame away from tannehill.

i never liked him personally, his robotic personality bored me, but i was being a bit sarcastic saying he was '' the worst coach in nfl history', but yet that was tannehills best year statistically.

as for the jared goff comparison with fisher and now mcvay, the rams went from 32 in the nfl with fisher, which is rock bottom, to number 1 with mcvay, avg 29.9 ppg.

tannehill with gase, granted it was 1 year, in 13 games started, finished 19th in ppg.

although i didnt say i was being sarcastic , many ppl on here when philbin was our coach, at first they loved him, and then once we never achieved anything with him, ppl would say how philbin was the worst coach in nfl history, basically it was used to shift blame away from tannehill.

i never liked him personally, his robotic personality bored me, but i was being a bit sarcastic saying he was '' the worst coach in nfl history', but yet that was tannehills best year statistically.

as for the jared goff comparison with fisher and now mcvay, the rams went from 32 in the nfl with fisher, which is rock bottom, to number 1 with mcvay, avg 29.9 ppg.

tannehill with gase, granted it was 1 year, in 13 games started, finished 19th in ppg.

This will be the last comment on this topic I make. You're not going to change your mind, so why bother?

The Dolphins OFFENSE was 19th in PPG. Not Tannehill, the offense. You may feel like absolving Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, Anthony Steen and Jason Fox is a fair practice, I do not.

This will be the last comment on this topic I make. You're not going to change your mind, so why bother?

The Dolphins OFFENSE was 19th in PPG. Not Tannehill, the offense. You may feel like absolving Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, Anthony Steen and Jason Fox is a fair practice, I do not.
and the qb is the most important position on offense. the offense goes as the qb goes. keep thinking everyone is awful around us, and keep believing that all the top offenses have all world o lines.

there are plenty of offenses that look like ****, and then once they get the right qb, the offense all the sudden operates at a high level. look at gb, they had the same o line same wrs, etc, feared offense with rodgers, absolute joke with hundley. look at the texans offense this year. the first game they looked like ****, ppl were talking about the awful o line they had and how no one can succeed with it, then watson takes over, there offense all the sudden becomes one of the best in the league with watson, with that same ''awful oline''

keep telling yourself its every other player but tannehill, i just hope the franchise does not delude themselves for that long.

as u said though, im not changing ur mind, and ur not changing my mind, so this debating back and fourth is meaningless.

enjoy the rest of ur day.

Wentz wasn't very good last year either. Now he is good. Just like Goff appears to be. Both bad year one. Both good year two.

We were 15th in 3rd down conversion, and 15th in RZ offense. We were also 25th with only 30% of our drives ending in scores, 31st in overall 1st downs, and 28th 1st downs by passing. Man how did we win 10 games?

Like I said last in offensive plays would impact the overall numbers you're quoting.

Wentz wasn't very good last year either. Now he is good. Just like Goff appears to be. Both bad year one. Both good year two.

Bad coaching is a real thing. Most NFL players have a path to success, and Tannehill's is clear as day. He could be a dominant player if his traits are correctly utilized. Adam Gase got it figured out in week 6 last year. The next 8 games, Tannehill is 7-1 with a passer rating over 100.

Weird how that works, huh?

Bad coaching is a real thing. Most NFL players have a path to success, and Tannehill's is clear as day. He could be a dominant player if his traits are correctly utilized. Adam Gase got it figured out in week 6 last year. The next 8 games, Tannehill is 7-1 with a passer rating over 100.

This +1. Shanahan would love a QB with Tannehill's ability to throw on the run.

Yup just as weird as Dalton having lots of good stretches but according to Dolphin fans both him and Marvin Lewis are terrible, and always have been.

I love the people that say the QB is the most important piece of the offense, yet they are ok with surrounding him with garbage OL. Hmmm he's important, let's facilitate his ability to do the job with competent OL play. Sound logic there.

Yup just as weird as Dalton having lots of good stretches but according to Dolphin fans both him and Marvin Lewis are terrible, and always have been.
Defending Marvin Lewis? Well, he’s better than Philbin. Maybe in another 15 years he’ll finally get past the first round.

Your opinion of Tannehill aside, when it comes to evaluating coaches, you’re as credible as NYJunc was regarding Mark Sanchez.

Back
Top Bottom