Would You Go For Nick Foles? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Go For Nick Foles?

I feel like a lot of fans need to get their head out of the sand in regards to the tanking movement. So many threads are being created about getting the biggest names in free agency or on the trade block.

No to Foles because he isn't the future. He isn't going to drag this team to the playoffs let alone win them a Super Bowl, so I don't understand why anybody would want him here.

sense everybody want Murry and Tua look for one off better team jump in front of dolphins and get their qb of future.

Finheaven is going to be a very interesting place come end of the 2019 draft.

I am curious to know how the pro Murray crowd will handle a (or muliple) trade down(s).

We may need some psychologist's to get us through to the 2020 draft without anyone jumping off a bridge.

I don't think that's true. I'm completely on the Murray bandwagon, but I would totally understand if the team trades back for more picks. It makes sense.

i think the thing is that it's important for the team to have a PLAN in place. And if they have to adjust that plan, have a backup plan. And a backup plan to that backup plan.

I don't want "Well, if my plan didn't work out, I'm going to go over here on the bench and doodle on my clipboard, trying to make stuff up on the fly."

Finheaven is going to be a very interesting place come end of the 2019 draft.

I am curious to know how the pro Murray crowd will handle a (or muliple) trade down(s).

We may need some psychologist's to get us through to the 2020 draft without anyone jumping off a bridge.

My exact thoughts. An extra 2nd, 3rd and 4th would help this team a lot.

Trade down from 13th get that teams lower 1st and gain a 2nd. Trade trade down the lower #2 and gain a 3rd or two 4th's.

I don't think that's true. I'm completely on the Murray bandwagon, but I would totally understand if the team trades back for more picks. It makes sense.

i think the thing is that it's important for the team to have a PLAN in place. And if they have to adjust that plan, have a backup plan. And a backup plan to that backup plan.

I don't want "Well, if my plan didn't work out, I'm going to go over here on the bench and doodle on my clipboard, trying to make stuff up on the fly."

We are not trading up only down. Four weeks ago I'd think Murray would land in our lap or at least give us a shot.. I'm seeing too much drooling over Murray over the past 2 weeks to think our staff isn't smart enough to know what will be in our reach. Our staff's "plan A" is (Murray wont be there) who want's the 13? " Plan b" Murray falls to 13 and we take him. "Plan C" we don't want Murray and we get a lower 1st in trade and gain a 2nd and a 3rd Or a 2rd and 4th.

Last edited:
We are not trading up only down. Four weeks ago I'd think Murray would land in our lap or at least give us a shot.. I'm seeing too much drooling over Murray over the past 2 weeks to think our staff isn't smart enough to know what will be in our reach. Our staff's "plan A" is (Murray wont be there) who want's the 13? " Plan b" Murray falls to 13 and we take him. "Plan C" we don't want Murray and we get a lower 1st in trade and gain a 2nd and a 3rd Or a 2rd and 4th.

You simply do not know this.

You simply do not know this.

Common sense says rebuilding teams don't trade up. We have a new GM and staff and far too many holes to even think a trade up is possible.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think a trade up is possible.

Common sense says rebuilding teams don't trade up. We have a new GM and staff and far too many holes to even think a trade up is possible.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think a trade up is possible.
Brother I think it all depends how the top of the board pans out. Is it likely probably not of the team trading up, but you never know who is going to fall down. Have to be ready for every possibility come draft day.

Brother I think it all depends how the top of the board pans out. Is it likely probably not of the team trading up, but you never know who is going to fall down. Have to be ready for every possibility come draft day.

The one thing I will say is that Flore's does like Kyler Murray but how much does Flores and Grier like him in their rookie season as a coach/GM.

There is such a small chance at this point of getting him. I'd say we have a better chance of getting Foles than Kyler Murray.

The one thing I will say is that Flore's does like Kyler Murray but how much does Flores and Grier like him in their rookie season as a coach/GM.

There is such a small chance at this point of getting him. I'd say we have a better chance of getting Foles than Kyler Murray.
Yes but getting Foles immediately impacts your cap as Murray not as much of an impact.

I get the philosophy of trading back to fill holes.

But I also understand the thinking of, “If you feel that the QB of the future is a specific person, you do whatever it takes to get him." At some point, you HAVE to get that QB. We simply don't know if Grier and Flores are of that opinion about Murray.

Either way, like I said, I will not be disappointed as long as they have a plan.

Back
Top Bottom