Would you trade up from 18 for a shot at Pitts?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade up from 18 for a shot at Pitts??

Not worth it for a TE. We have bigger fish to fry. Pitts is the same over hyped prospect that OJ Howard, Eric Ebron, David Njoku, and TJ Hockenson were, not impactful enough position to trade up for.

Mach2, I'm clearly being simplistic to illustrate a point. You get the concept. Those thinking we need to resign Gesicki and move up for Pitts aren't.

It has nothing to do with rather or not Gesicki and Pitts are TE match up nightmares. They just aren't the right nightmares for us moving forward. Kelce would be though:)

I "really" hope we see a lot more motion and alignment incorporated going forward. I certainly don't want everything blocked up the same. I do like the idea of being sold but I'm totally down on being sold on confusion.....much like our cover zero defense has done at times.
Point taken then.

No problem brother. Ibhad forgotten the thread was about Pitts specifically.

It is all good brother. Tis the time to salivate over the draft because we have sucked for so long and we are loaded with picks.

I have no doubt Chase, Smith, Waddle, Sewell, Parsons, Harris, and ETN will all go high. I just don't think they will all go in the first. Nor do I think they should all have a first round grade for us.

Sometimes I wonder about playing hardball. Last year we stood pat when everyone knew we needed a QB and we got Tua at 5. What if the teams in front of us said, "Oh the Dolphins won't deal, let's take take Burrow, Tua, and Herbert off the table and see if they are willing to deal then". What would we have been willing to give up? This year could play out the same. Are we willing to take a QB or OT to call someones bluff? Would it be smart or suicide?

I’d be willing to trade up for Waddle, especially if we take Sewell at 3

It is all good brother. Tis the time to salivate over the draft because we have sucked for so long and we are loaded with picks.

I have no doubt Chase, Smith, Waddle, Sewell, Parsons, Harris, and ETN will all go high. I just don't think they will all go in the first. Nor do I think they should all have a first round grade for us.

Sometimes I wonder about playing hardball. Last year we stood pat when everyone knew we needed a QB and we got Tua at 5. What if the teams in front of us said, "Oh the Dolphins won't deal, let's take take Burrow, Tua, and Herbert off the table and see if they are willing to deal then". What would we have been willing to give up? This year could play out the same. Are we willing to take a QB or OT to call someones bluff? Would it be smart or suicide?
I think it depends on the offer, and how far the drop.

I know a lot of fans believe WR is our first pick come hell or high water, but I'm not so sure there won't be contingency plans in place for any eventuality.

I'm not going to be upset if we take Sewell @3. I prefer to trade down, but I'm not giving the pick away.

We could move back from 3 to 8 and pick up a 1st next year and a second this year. At 8 we can still get one of the top 3 wr's and use that 2nd that we just got and our 18 to move back up to get Pitts.
We still get our guys and not having to use anything more than we have right now.
I agree but I struggle with the thinking that we can easily trade back, it takes two to tango and I think it's easier to be the team wanting to trade up.

I agree but I struggle with the thinking that we can easily trade back, it takes two to tango and I think it's easier to be the team wanting to trade up.
In general, I agree. After Lawrence, there are three other QBs with not much seperation between them though, and several teams looking for one.

I generally agree with this, specially in the first round. The only position I would trade up for is a QB if I needed one.
Carolina wants to upgrade at QB. They were trying to trade for Matt Stanford so we know that that they are looking. I'd love to fleece them and get 2 first and 2 seconds but in order to make the trade it may take getting a little less than normal to make the trade. We are in a perfect spot to make moves. Even if we don't move back with Carolina, there will be teams that want to jump everyone else to get their guy.

Carolina wants to upgrade at QB. They were trying to trade for Matt Stanford so we know that that they are looking. I'd love to fleece them and get 2 first and 2 seconds but in order to make the trade it may take getting a little less than normal to make the trade. We are in a perfect spot to make moves. Even if we don't move back with Carolina, there will be teams that want to jump everyone else to get their guy.
Sure, I would love for Miami to move down and fleece some other team. Hell, I'd settle for something way short off a fleecing. I think Miami is in a terrible spot at #3 for matching value and need. There is no elite pass rusher, and they probably won't take a QB so a trade down makes the most sense. The problem is, I fear no other team is going to offer fair value for that pick and Miami will be stuck picking at 3. I'm not sure I love anyone they would be stuck picking that high.

Perhaps. A lot may depend on what the jests have in mind.

With new management, and HC, they may be interested in a trade down to get even more assets, allowing a team to circumvent us. They may want to take a QB off the board themselves. Less likely, but they may even trade the pick for Watson, thereby Houston takes a QB. None of which are particularly good for our bargaining position.

In any case, I really don't see the "kings ransom" haul that some do.

Miami is in a fantastic spot for any quarterback hungry team. Wait until the pro days of these guys, they’ll be coveted even more than they are now and any team that wants their pick of the litter knows Miami offers their man guaranteed.

Pitts, Parsons, Waddle are in a class of difference makers that could see us make a small move up to 11-14ish and try and land one of them.

The good thing about having Houston’s early 2nd second is that it can be used in a trade up in the first. Most of the teams picking ahead of us at 18 are picking way behind us as 36. We can keep a second and gain real value there using it to improve on 18. Obviously move compensation would be required.

SF at 12/43 and Dallas at 13/44 are the teams you’d expect us to be most likely to pull off a swap of first and seconds.

We are in a great spot. This draft is supposed to be the pay off for the suffering. Can’t wait.

If the Jets skip a QB at #2 then the draft gets real interesting.

Otherwise, no one is trading up to 3 for Fields IMO.

Back
Top Bottom