WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

Landry also has 400+ catches in 4 years with 22 TDs. Your math level is astounding. That means he caught a touchdown on only 5.5% of his catches. Albert Wilston caught 127 passes with 7 TDs, which means he averages 5.6% touchdowns per reception. We cut half the cost for nearly the same result. In the financial world and on the football field, that's called an upgrade.

You want to be stupid about math, let's be stupid about math.

So cutting half the cost for nearly the same result=upgarde??...well nearly the same result based on TD', so let's use that astounding logic.

Stills 222 receptions and 26 TD's=11.7% TD per reception
Julio Jones 585 reception and 43 TD's=7.3% TD per reception, thus according to your logic in the financial world and on the football field, Kenny Stills is an upgrade because he's cheaper and gets you a better result.

Maybe in your quest to be a math whiz you forgot common sense classes?

Do I think its a bad signing as far as talent? Not really, but it's not a good signing based on the money imo. Especially given the recent roster purge and our cap being crap. Also having Grant who I'm sure can get the same results as Wilson because frankly Wilson's numbers aren't anything special.

So was Wes Welker when we traded him. How'd that turn out for the Patriots? When you say stupid stuff, nobody is going to take you seriously.
Welker had 67 catches his final season with us. Maybe you are the one saying stupid stuff lol

So Wilson is Wes welker lol he has only been in the league 4 years and did relatively little with every opportunity he has been given. Let's not act like kc had some stellar receivers keeping him off the field. He signed for 1.67 last year and now based on a dozen more catches we pay him 8 million. Welker was clearly our best receiver in his 60 something catch season before he joined the pats that's why he actually had trade value unlike Wilson. So I could care less about you acting like I have no clue about the signing. At best he might have been their 3rd best wr.

I can't believe people are mindlessly trying to rationalize signing Albert friggin Wilson.

Stills has 26 TDS in 5 years and averages 1 every 8.5 catches.

Wilson has 7 TDS in 4 years and averages 1 every 18 receptions.
If it was all about TDs would Tannehill have a 20M cap number for 2018?

They are probably rolling the dice on Parker finally manning up...we shall see. IF he becomes a true #1, we should be ok. Time will tell

Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14.

NOT if Tannenbaum has anything to say about it.

This is not the kind of move you make if you're rebuilding. Freaking Tannenbaum has no idea what he's doing, one minute he's cutting our best player to "save money" while throwing away 22mil in dead cap, the next minute he's making another win-now move. First Quinn, now this.

I'm sorry, but these moves simply do not make sense together unless you're trying to sabotage the team.

Who said Miami is rebuilding? Just because they are getting rid of dead weight, overpriced players, or players with a much higher idea of what they are worth, then Miami then Miami is willing to pay, does not mean Miami is rebuilding.

Lots of WR's available in the draft. Interesting decision.

Landry isn’t anything special and Wilson along with others will replace 170 targets for 900 yards relatively easy.

People are really going to miss 10 catches for 80 yards next year.

In reality they are, people have to actually make the catches, let's not act like bad qb play did not hurt his numbers

Who said Miami is rebuilding? Just because they are getting rid of dead weight, overpriced players, or players with a much higher idea of what they are worth, then Miami then Miami is willing to pay, does not mean Miami is rebuilding.

You don't eat 22 million in dead cap instead of paying your best player 26 million if you're not rebuilding. Unless you're Tannenbaum and you just really want more money to throw away.

He had more yards per reception (13.2) than Landry (8.8) with 70 less receptions (112:42) and will be half the price. Landry had 987 yards yet Wilson had 554. But Dolphins fans....
You realize how ludicrous it sounds to say “70 less receptions at half the price”.

For me it's less the player and more the money. Wilson seems like he will be a fine player to replace Landry, but did we really need to spend 8 million a year to get this done? Bears probably would have given him the same or something similar, but still it feels like a lot for a player who didn't really produce much outside of a week 17 meaningless game with the backups.

Back
Top Bottom