Young and Fromm | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young and Fromm

I like Fromm, he seems like a real good guy and he’s a good college QB but I don’t know if I’m seeing a good nfl QB.

I definitely don’t think he’s first round worthy let alone worth anything close to a top 3 pick and it has nothing to do with this past game.

Fromm does NOTHING on an elite level. By nfl standards his arm strength is average, size is average, athleticism average, accuracy is average. Leadership is above average but that’s not tangible. He’s a good guy to lead that stacked UGA team and basically just manage the game.

If we can get him in the 3rd or 4th round I’m all for it but because QBs get overdrafted every year I have no doubt he will probably go in the first and I’d rather just keep Rosen if that’s the case.

I like Fromm, he seems like a real good guy and he’s a good college QB but I don’t know if I’m seeing a good nfl QB.

I like Fromm. I certainly like him better than some of the guys last year, namely Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins.

Frankly if Daniel Jones can be the 6th pick in any draft then I'm not sure my opinion is worth anything. That remains far too dizzying.

I don't like Jake Fromm as the destination of a tank. This can't be like Sherman marching on Atlanta. The Dolphins don't need to now those Athens zip codes or areas codes at all. The gap between Tua and the rest of these guys demonstrates the imperative nature of the Dolphins losing these games. Last night on the drive home from the Canes game I heard a chirpy female radio host saying she was rooting for Phins Up on Sunday. There was no reason for her to be employed one more minute.

I keep thinking Fromm will drop approaching the draft. Friends I respect from Las Vegas have insisted I am wrong. I think it would be quite helpful if Fromm indeed checked in with 8.75 hands, or thereabouts. That is a plunge. Nothing we saw today or within the past 2+ seasons would matter.

I know everyone typically like to overreact after every single game these quarterbacks play - but I just don’t think Fromm played as bad as the stat line looks. Furthermore, that South Carolina team is pretty decent. It’s not easy what Tua did to em. They’ll give Clemson a game at the end of the season too.

But only 1 of those INT’s Fromm threw today were his fault, which was the first one. On this play, he displayed the one thing in his game that I’ve mentioned concerns me more than anything - his tendency to drift straight back against pressure. I hate to see this in a QB more than anything. I noted it with Tannehill when he was coming out of aTm. Fromm drifted straight back from the pressure Kinlaw was applying and made a bad decision on a throw where it was all arm.

The problems you create for yourself when you drift straight back against pressure is that you trap yourself into only being able to do two things, and they’re both bad.

All you can do is make an ill advised throw with just your arm because all your momentum is going in the other direction, which is what Fromm did - or you can turtle up and take the sack. Which is what Tannehill always did. It’s just a bad habit that you don’t want to have.

Fromm’s 2nd INT was just a case of miscommunication with a true freshman WR that hasn’t played much, and ran the wrong route. Didn’t work back to his QB hard enough or in the right direction.

His 3rd INT was a perfect throw that hit the receiver right in the hands.

Fromm led his team on a 96 yard drive with 5 minutes left to tie the game and made a hell of a throw to cap it off with a TD pass.

Definitely not his best game, but I’ve seen every single QB that’s starting in the NFL have these type games or worse in college. All of em.

Fromm is still so accurate and almost never makes the wrong decision. His ball placement is such that it’s always on the correct side to tell his receiver which way he needs to turn. It’s impressive stuff.

However, it’s another game where Fromm was asked to throw the ball to win the game when the other team was tackling well and playing good defense, and it just didn’t happen. Not his fault, he didn’t miss the FG in overtime, but he still has to wear it nonetheless.

I don’t even think that game goes to overtime if Hilinski doesn’t get hurt. South Carolina wins in regulation. Heck of a game by SC.

Haven't watched the SC game, but I agree with Awsi and Slimm. There's a lot to love and some things that make you question just how good he can be. When he does the thing where he drifts straight back, I get Cody Kessler vibes. He should be much better than Kessler, but I don't like being reminded of a backup by someone I might consider in the Top 10. If he winds up with a good team, in a system that fits his strengths, he should be fine. He's got the most important traits - processing and accuracy. Just don't ask him to create too much.

I know everyone typically like to overreact after every single game these quarterbacks play - but I just don’t think Fromm played as bad as the stat line looks. Furthermore, that South Carolina team is pretty decent. It’s not easy what Tua did to em. They’ll give Clemson a game at the end of the season too.

But only 1 of those INT’s Fromm threw today were his fault, which was the first one. On this play, he displayed the one thing in his game that I’ve mentioned concerns me more than anything - his tendency to drift straight back against pressure. I hate to see this in a QB more than anything. I noted it with Tannehill when he was coming out of aTm. Fromm drifted straight back from the pressure Kinlaw was applying and made a bad decision on a throw where it was all arm.

The problems you create for yourself when you drift straight back against pressure is that you trap yourself into only being able to do two things, and they’re both bad.

All you can do is make an ill advised throw with just your arm because all your momentum is going in the other direction, which is what Fromm did - or you can turtle up and take the sack. Which is what Tannehill always did. It’s just a bad habit that you don’t want to have.

Fromm’s 2nd INT was just a case of miscommunication with a true freshman WR that hasn’t played much, and ran the wrong route. Didn’t work back to his QB hard enough or in the right direction.

His 3rd INT was a perfect throw that hit the receiver right in the hands.

Fromm led his team on a 96 yard drive with 5 minutes left to tie the game and made a hell of a throw to cap it off with a TD pass.

Definitely not his best game, but I’ve seen every single QB that’s starting in the NFL have these type games or worse in college. All of em.

Fromm is still so accurate and almost never makes the wrong decision. His ball placement is such that it’s always on the correct side to tell his receiver which way he needs to turn. It’s impressive stuff.

However, it’s another game where Fromm was asked to throw the ball to win the game when the other team was tackling well and playing good defense, and it just didn’t happen. Not his fault, he didn’t miss the FG in overtime, but he still has to wear it nonetheless.

I don’t even think that game goes to overtime if Hilinski doesn’t get hurt. South Carolina wins in regulation. Heck of a game by SC.

It’s not an overreaction. People are finally seeing that Fromm isn’t a QB that will make it in the NFL. He isn’t a QB that you can count on to win a game with his arm. I think that we have suffered enough of that over the past 20 years.

Haven't watched the SC game, but I agree with Awsi and Slimm. There's a lot to love and some things that make you question just how good he can be. When he does the thing where he drifts straight back, I get Cody Kessler vibes. He should be much better than Kessler, but I don't like being reminded of a backup by someone I might consider in the Top 10. If he winds up with a good team, in a system that fits his strengths, he should be fine. He's got the most important traits - processing and accuracy. Just don't ask him to create too much.

Watch Fromm play and you will see that his processing and accuracy is weak at best. I saw more out of both UF and LSU’s QBs last night.

Bad game for Fromm but like some have already stated. The stat line doesn't tell the whole story. The first INT was on Fromm, bad decision, first int of the season, it happens. The 2nd INT was Cleary miscommunication between the WR and Fromm. The 3rd was tip drill from WR who should have caught it. Fromm still made some impressive plays in that game.

I definitely don’t think he’s first round worthy let alone worth anything close to a top 3 pick and it has nothing to do with this past game.

Fromm does NOTHING on an elite level. By nfl standards his arm strength is average, size is average, athleticism average, accuracy is average. Leadership is above average but that’s not tangible. He’s a good guy to lead that stacked UGA team and basically just manage the game.

If we can get him in the 3rd or 4th round I’m all for it but because QBs get overdrafted every year I have no doubt he will probably go in the first and I’d rather just keep Rosen if that’s the case.

Fromm is at an elite level in college when it comes to processing information and accuracy/ ball placement. You will not find a QB with better back shoulder throws in the entire country than Fromm.

Does he have the strongest arm, no. Is he the fastest, no. But he also has elite intangibles and leadership. We haven't someone like that since Pennington. Players just didn't gravitate to Tannehill or Rosen like they do Fromm.

Last edited:
Watch Fromm play and you will see that his processing and accuracy is weak at best. I saw more out of both UF and LSU’s QBs last night.
Burrow played very well. Vilma said before the game, Burrow would be a game manager at best. He predicted he wouldn’t play well due to the pressure he’d face in UFs defense. After watching the game I think that was an inaccurate assessment, Burrow stepped up and made plays.

Burrow played very well. Vilma said before the game, Burrow would be a game manager at best. He predicted he wouldn’t play well due to the pressure he’d face in UFs defense. After watching the game I think that was an inaccurate assessment, Burrow stepped up and made plays.

When Florida lost their only two pass rushers Zuniga and Greenard, it changed everything.

Burrow has had games worse than the one Fromm has yesterday.

It’s not an overreaction. People are finally seeing that Fromm isn’t a QB that will make it in the NFL. He isn’t a QB that you can count on to win a game with his arm. I think that we have suffered enough of that over the past 20 years.

Won’t make it how? You don’t think Jake Fromm can play in the NFL?

Back
Top Bottom