Young and Fromm | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young and Fromm

Right now, worthy of film inquiry when the season ends:

From the batch of 1st rd QBs it's down to Tua at top 10. Then Hurst and Burrow.
Day two group is Newman, Herbert.
Day three, Jack Abraham, Ian Book and Kaleb Barker.

Still 6-7 games to go.

If you are serious, please stop. Hurts is garbage. This guy lost his starting job to Tua when Tua was a freshman. Herbert is vasty better.

Aside from playing Bama 2 or 3 times Fromm never plays a game where his team is not vastly more talented than the opponent.

Dude manages the game, that’s basically all he does.

with all of that talent, Fromm has only thrown 9 TDs and 3 INTs. Tua.... 27 TDs and 1 INT with roughly only 20 passes more. Fromm is a NFL practice squad QB. I bet he chokes vs UF.

Fromm had 3 chances to rescue that South Carolina game and failed all 3 times. That's when I have a difficult time setting it aside. He got the ball at his own 40 tie game with 43 second remaining, and did nothing. Then both overtime possessions did nothing.

There are a heck of a lot of late nothings on his resume, once the defense amps up the pressure. He scored very late against Texas last season but all it did was cut a 14 point deficit to misleading 7 point final.

Fromm also seems strangely reluctant to scramble left and reset, even when the opportunity is seemingly perfect. He'll be washed left but instead of continuing there he finds excuse to refurbish back toward the center even if it's clogged. I'm not sure if that's been a career long tendency. I have seen it multiple times this season.

Fromm my QB2.
I didn’t watch the SC game this weekend - but each anti- Fromm post begins with: “I don’t want to base it on one game but”
I’ll leave it at that.

Trust me I was as a big a fan of Fromm as anyone even arguing him against Tua last yr but its right in front of all of our eyes. He is not special, he is not a guy that puts a team on his back, ala Tua and takes over. I understand his offense sucks but I don't think he has it. After watching Rosen today if we don't get Tua then everything has been for nothing. A Chase Young only goes so far. That Pitt win also has me reeling. They won a game on the road with a third string QB. I thought that would easily be a top 10 pick.

If you are serious, please stop. Hurts is garbage. This guy lost his starting job to Tua when Tua was a freshman. Herbert is vasty better.

read his post again. “Worthy of film” this means someone will actually think for themselves. I applaud it.

Fromm my QB2.
I didn’t watch the SC game this weekend - but each anti- Fromm post begins with: “I don’t want to base it on one game but”
I’ll leave it at that.

Some of us were posting it a long time ago. I mentioned the 8.75 hands a heck of a long time ago, and that I thought Fromm would not be a top tier prospect once draft day appeared. That may be wrong. There are a heck of a lot of one-game samples to question Jake Fromm. I posted last week that he put up 0 points in two combined 4th quarters against Alabama while DeShaun Watson combined for 37 in his two opportunities. Basically every time Fromm's offensive line is not dictating the outcome he tends to struggle. From that I've seen, that offensive line dominance doesn't happen in the current NFL.

The aspect that has shown up fresh is to claim that Georgia's offense is limiting Fromm. Meanwhile that's much closer to a pro style offense than some of the other versions the other guys are operating under. Georgia may be somewhat power based and condensed in relation to college norms. But I guarantee if you removed Jake Fromm from the equation and put somebody else in that role the argument would be that Georgia's style of play was improving his quarterback stock toward the NFL, not detracting from it.

In looking at available pictures it does stand out that Fromm's hands seem small for a quarterback. That is a sidelight issue now but for Fromm's sake they better measure at least 9 at the combine and/or pro day. I can't see the league being forgiving of sub-9

https://247sports.com/Article/Alaba...nds-like-Russell-Wilson-Drew-Brees-113555187/

He's not a reject. Jake Fromm is not what a tank should be.

Some of us were posting it a long time ago. I mentioned the 8.75 hands a heck of a long time ago, and that I thought Fromm would not be a top tier prospect once draft day appeared. That may be wrong. There are a heck of a lot of one-game samples to question Jake Fromm. I posted last week that he put up 0 points in two combined 4th quarters against Alabama while DeShaun Watson combined for 37 in his two opportunities. Basically every time Fromm's offensive line is not dictating the outcome he tends to struggle. From that I've seen, that offensive line dominance doesn't happen in the current NFL.

The aspect that has shown up fresh is to claim that Georgia's offense is limiting Fromm. Meanwhile that's much closer to a pro style offense than some of the other versions the other guys are operating under. Georgia may be somewhat power based and condensed in relation to college norms. But I guarantee if you removed Jake Fromm from the equation and put somebody else in that role the argument would be that Georgia's style of play was improving his quarterback stock toward the NFL, not detracting from it.

In looking at available pictures it does stand out that Fromm's hands seem small for a quarterback. That is a sidelight issue now but for Fromm's sake they better measure at least 9 at the combine and/or pro day. I can't see the league being forgiving of sub-9

https://247sports.com/Article/Alaba...nds-like-Russell-Wilson-Drew-Brees-113555187/

He's not a reject. Jake Fromm is not what a tank should be.

Hand size vastly important for more reasons than throwing a pigskin

The size of Fromm hands will definitely be a problem when he starts getting smacked around and fumbles it all the time

Ball security is important

I tend to think Fromm will be more top 15 than top 5

but I do think he’s gonna win in a big way in the meeting rooms and on the chalk board.

and I don’t given what I’ve seen have any issue with any qb 2 grade for him relative to the potential qb class. In fact I might even go along with it.

I just think there’s a large separation between tua and the rest of them.

I do think it's weird that people are getting on board with Burrows in the Top 10, due to half a year of excellence, but many of the same people insist that Hurts is Day 3 at best. Hurts is 2 years younger than Burrow and clearly a much, much better athlete. Burrow has some things working in his favor as well, but imo they're not enough to explain the disparity in public perception.

I thought it was interesting that the coaching staff wouldn’t let Fromm try to throw that wet football. The game was basically played in a monsoon. I think they knew his small hands would be an issue.

Coupled with the fact they knew they didn’t have to throw it because Kentucky is forced to play their best WR at quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom