Young and Fromm | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young and Fromm

I thought it was interesting that the coaching staff wouldn’t let Fromm try to throw that wet football. The game was basically played in a monsoon. I think they knew his small hands would be an issue.

Coupled with the fact they knew they didn’t have to throw it because Kentucky is forced to play their best WR at quarterback.

His small hands would be an issue in Miami too

His small hands would be an issue in Miami too

Anybody’s hands are going to be an issue in Miami.

Although at least Fromm got to see what an NFL offensive line looked like while he was in college. It’ll likely be the last one he ever sees if he ends up on the Fighting Griers.

I thought it was interesting that the coaching staff wouldn’t let Fromm try to throw that wet football. The game was basically played in a monsoon. I think they knew his small hands would be an issue.

Coupled with the fact they knew they didn’t have to throw it because Kentucky is forced to play their best WR at quarterback.

This is a fair point. I didn't sense confident from him in the way that he could control and throw the football. That whole ball spinning thing of his went on overdrive and on plays where he had to do quick turn and throw without the laces, and without that ball spinning habit of his, the ball sailed a little on him. He just didn't have that sort of pro level arm confidence during the game.

I don't think Fromm will be a high pick once we reach draft time, not after further scrutiny including hand size and overall upside.

IMO, a very high first round pick should be someone who produces points. Myles Garrett may have looked great as physical specimen but it's simply too easy for a guy like that to get lost and all but irrelevant. Same with Chase Young. The 49ers look great on the defensive front because they have a wave of elite players up there. Put Chase Young alongside Charles Harris and other nothings and what do you have?

I would draft two quarterbacks. Eventually that is going to be accepted practice as sharp investing, just like some of the current strategic choices may look atypical but they are actually far superior to the tired conventional wisdom. The Canes went for 2 while down 35-27 the other night. That was brilliant and raised win expectation level at least 10% compared to an extra point yet it was ridiculed by some fans and analysts at the time.

If Tua is available I'd go solo. But if we miss out on him but have dual shots at let's say Love and Herbert then absolutely I would grab both. Don't be scared to admit you don't know for sure. It takes two to be embarrassed. Let the other guy thrive in that role while you laugh at him. There is probability assigned to all of this stuff. Connecting on a quarterback is so much more meaningful than any other position. If early first round quarterbacks hit at let's say 50% then 2 swings will dwarf your expectancy via any other combo. This is not filling out a bingo card. It is a numbers game, like the elite college programs with one 5 star after another at the same position. Some hit. Some miss. Alabama followed Hurts with Tua. If those college teams were stubborn and dense like NFL conventional wisdom they wouldn't recruit the quarterback position for 3-4 years after landing a top guy.
Great point. Looking around the league, teams just don't win without great quarterbacks. Why not double your odds in the draft?

Slimm where is Eason at with you? I haven't seen him play and you have him as QB2 among the underclassmen. Not hearing any discussion either.

Slimm where is Eason at with you? I haven't seen him play and you have him as QB2 among the underclassmen. Not hearing any discussion either.

I was always a big fan of Eason, but becoming an even bigger fan. He's trending up for me.

Throws with such great velocity and demonstrates absolutely incredible arm talent in each game. I'd just like to see him be more aggressive - I think he's in an offense that asks him to be a little too conservative. When he plays aggressive and throws downfield - money. Can make throws most guys can't make.

Although he hasn't shown to be much of a playmaker with his feet or playing outside structure, he makes plays with his arm that are just jaw dropping. Has a few plays when things break down where he loses his passing profile and isn't really sure what to do, but I'll take it and work with him on it.

Doesn't really have the autonomy at the LOS in the offense that some other QB's have (Fromm, Tua) but I think he's capable of being a monster in the NFL. I agree, he isn't talked about enough.

I like Eason after Fromm and Love. Was hoping Ehlinger would make some noise this year, but that didn’t happen.
Burrow and Herbert don’t do it for me at all.

There's no way Tua is 6'1. But I can definitely see 6'0. And if anything he's definitely 6 feet tall with cleats on.

He was measured 6002 recently without shoes on. So no doubting he's 6'1" when he's got the cleats on and everything.

Of course, with the hair, he's 6030, lol.

Back
Top Bottom