Young and Fromm | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young and Fromm

He has, but he’s been playing a lot better as of late.

He’s certainly improved, but that’s because he’s a Senior and not being forced to play in Jake Fromm’s 2008 offense anymore either.

Florida really couldn’t apply any pressure after they lost both their pass rushers.

All McCarron did was roll to the right outside the pocket if his first read (usually Amari Cooper) wasn’t open and throw it away in the stands.

Fromm is more of a playmaker than McCarron was. He was the true definition of game manager.

I've seen two games from Fromm now. Yeah, I know. Very small sample size. I saw a lot of the positives I've heard about him though. Looks like a good prospect.

I'm no scout, but damnit some of you people are lazy. I can tell who has actually seen Tua play and who looks at box scores.

Based on what was demonstrated yesterday and last night, pretty hard to not see Burrow rising up draft boards while Fromm drops. Hard to argue Burrow isn't the superior NFL prospect based on his size (6-4 vs. 6-1), his notably stronger arm, and just the fact he's a better athlete across the board (bigger-stronger-faster). Beyond that, the kid makes plays and his accuracy looks pretty dang good. Shows some poise, pocket presence and improv capability. If the kid keeps playing like he has been it's hard not to see him in the top tier QB mix. IMO.

I just get AJ McCarron vibes when I watch Fromm sometimes.

I was thinking of that exact same name yesterday when Fromm was struggling. At various points with Fromm I can go anywhere from McCarron to a poor man's Drew Brees.

Steve DeBerg is another name that comes to mind. He was close to Fromm's stature and style of play. DeBerg was the impetus behind the famous "just good enough to get you beat" line from Bill Walsh.

Fromm's offense is plenty good enough to produce plays. Don't be laughable and insert a post-outcome topic that was never a theme until yesterday. That is the surest sign of adjuster desperation and rationalization.

Regardless, the Dolphins; loss today was crucial. In this imbalanced era often there are multiple teams with 2 wins or fewer. If the Dolphins had won today it would have been basically throwing away the entire premise behind this season.

It was idiotic for the Redskins to attempt that 55 yard field goal at the outset of the 4th quarter. I jumped up and was telling that to everyone in the room. The reward does not match the situational risk. Via a miss you are handing a lifeless team the ball at the 45 yard line. That's exactly what happened. I had no idea Fitzpatrick would enter the game following that miss but once he did you could sense the immediate change. Rosen does a lot of things better than Fitzpatrick but Rosen is kind of a moody player who doesn't have much spark when things are going poorly. Meanwhile Fitzpatrick is like Tannehill in that he doesn't care. He is accustomed to losing so he'll go out there and pad his stats late and if a victory shows up...that's fine also.

Fortunately the Dolphins ran the moronic halfback tunnel screen on the 2 point attempt. That's the same idiotic philosophy as a 3rd down screen: Instead of reducing variables and simply throwing aggressively beyond the marker (in this case the goal line) we'll get cute and complete something way back behind the line of scrimmage. What could possibly go wrong? I'm sure the Redskins will play passively and allow Kenyon Drake to sashay into the end zone.

I was thinking of that exact same name yesterday when Fromm was struggling. At various points with Fromm I can go anywhere from McCarron to a poor man's Drew Brees.

Steve DeBerg is another name that comes to mind. He was close to Fromm's stature and style of play. DeBerg was the impetus behind the famous "just good enough to get you beat" line from Bill Walsh.

Fromm's offense is plenty good enough to produce plays. Don't be laughable and insert a post-outcome topic that was never a theme until yesterday. That is the surest sign of adjuster desperation and rationalization.

Regardless, the Dolphins; loss today was crucial. In this imbalanced era often there are multiple teams with 2 wins or fewer. If the Dolphins had won today it would have been basically throwing away the entire premise behind this season.

It was idiotic for the Redskins to attempt that 55 yard field goal at the outset of the 4th quarter. I jumped up and was telling that to everyone in the room. The reward does not match the situational risk. Via a miss you are handing a lifeless team the ball at the 45 yard line. That's exactly what happened. I had no idea Fitzpatrick would enter the game following that miss but once he did you could sense the immediate change. Rosen does a lot of things better than Fitzpatrick but Rosen is kind of a moody player who doesn't have much spark when things are going poorly. Meanwhile Fitzpatrick is like Tannehill in that he doesn't care. He is accustomed to losing so he'll go out there and pad his stats late and if a victory shows up...that's fine also.

Fortunately the Dolphins ran the moronic halfback tunnel screen on the 2 point attempt. That's the same idiotic philosophy as a 3rd down screen: Instead of reducing variables and simply throwing aggressively beyond the marker (in this case the goal line) we'll get cute and complete something way back behind the line of scrimmage. What could possibly go wrong? I'm sure the Redskins will play passively and allow Kenyon Drake to sashay into the end zone.

Fromm just scares me. Not in the good way. Most prospects scare me a little but I know the risk is an almighty reward. Fromms risk isn’t an almighty reward. I feel like if everything goes perfect then Fromm is just a capable starter that will flash here and there. I don’t want joe flacco or Jared Goff

everything went perfect today. If I wanted to win, the play call would have me furious. dolphins excecuted the tank to a T today

Aside from playing Bama 2 or 3 times Fromm never plays a game where his team is not vastly more talented than the opponent.

Dude manages the game, that’s basically all he does.

Right now, worthy of film inquiry when the season ends:

From the batch of 1st rd QBs it's down to Tua at top 10. Then Hurst and Burrow.
Day two group is Newman, Herbert.
Day three, Jack Abraham, Ian Book and Kaleb Barker.

Still 6-7 games to go.

Back
Top Bottom