Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
A 7 game wonder. Its taken Burrow 5 years to get to this level for 7 games. Tua came out of the gate dropping Burrow numbers. Burrow will be 23 in December.Little queasy on him. You are a Tua guy so I dont know why I posted all of this inregards to your post haha
It's all good....and I do like Joe...but some people need to slow down on him...one year wonders scare me...

Burrow has the passing game coordinator from the Saints. He comes in and that offense burst on the scene. Sean Payton was pissed that he left.

QBs drafted in the top 5

2018 Baker Mayfield and Sam Dumba$$ Mediocre
2017 Mitchell Trubisky BUST
2016 Goff and Wentz
2015 Winston and Mariota both BUST
2014 Blake Bortles LMAO. BUST
2013 ZERO!
2012 Luck and RGIII lmao. 1 BUST 1 out of league
2011 Cam. Mediocre
2010 Sam Bradford. BUST
2009 Matt Stafford and Marky Sanchez BUST
2008 Matt Ryan
2007 JaMarcuss Russell. BUST
2006 Vince Young. BUST
2005 Alex Smith
2004 Eli Manning SB winner and Rivers
2003 Carson Palmer mediocre
2002 David Carr and Joey Harrington. Both BUST
2001 Micheal Vick mediocre
2000 ZERO
1999 Tim Couch and Akili Smith both BUST
1998 Peyton Manning SB winner and Ryan Leaf
1997 ZERO
1996 ZERO
1995 Steve McNair and Kerry Collins
1994 Heath Shuler
1993 Drew Bledsoe and Rick Mirer
1992 ZERO
1991 ZERO
1990 Jeff George
1989 Troy Aikman SB winner

Yeah, here are all of the top 5 draft pick QBs in the past 30 years. I got tired of typing in BUST. Approximately 18 out of the 35 were BUST. That’s over 50%! Only 3 of the 35 won Super Bowls as starters; 8%. The other 14 are mediocre to decent. I’ve seen your other post. You clearly don’t understand how bad Miami is. No ONE is stepping into this team and doing ****. There are more wholes than even a Marino in his prime could fill.
This is dreadful. Yikes. Odds are not in our favor. No wonder the same 5 QBs are in the SB every year. PS Jared Goff sucks and Wentz is average / would not have won that SB vs NE.

None of this is fact. It's fake news.

Try one more time except use facts.

Go...
You obviously didn’t bother to watch the SEC Championship game or the National Championship game. Because in the SEC game against Georgia, Tua was awful. He was replaced by Hurts who ended up leading Alabama to victory over Georgia.

Tua played very well in the game against Oklahoma. Yet Oklahoma had a terrible defense throughout the entire 2018 college season. In the game against Clemson, Tua was merely mediocre.

So you can take your ‘“fake News” BS and actually look at the stats of those games. Because you obviously have no clue.

you at least give yourself the chance to hit on a QB by taking one. you're gonna miss on 100% of the QBs you don't draft.

it's not like the success rate increases the later you take the QB
Agreed. I have to add a little levity here cause it’s all I have right now:

1. You forgot to cite Wayne Gretzky for that quote - lol
2. We didn’t draft Drew Brees and yet still had a chance to NOT miss on him 100%.

You obviously didn’t bother to watch the SEC Championship game or the National Championship game. Because in the SEC game against Georgia, Tua was awful. He was replaced by Hurts who ended up leading Alabama to victory over Georgia.

Tua played very well in the game against Oklahoma. Yet Oklahoma had a terrible defense throughout the entire 2018 college season. In the game against Clemson, Tua was merely mediocre.

So you can take your ‘“fake News” BS and actually look at the stats of those games. Because you obviously have no clue.

I'll be sure to get around to watching those games at some point. :lol:

However, Tua was playing injured the entire second half of the season, and had his already injured ankle stepped on by Jonah Williams, which is why he left the game and Hurts had to enter the game.

Tua had just thrown a 51 yard TD pass to Waddle to pull within 7 before he got his ankle stepped on by a 310 pound offensive lineman's cleat.

If you'll remember, Tua is the one that came in the game for an ineffective Hurts vs. Georgia in the national championship game the year before and threw 3 TD passes in the 2nd half to lead the come from behind win.

Although I find it ironic that you'd mention Oklahoma's defense when it's Tua, but not Texas' defense when it's Burrow. :lol:

Oklahoma is better than Texas - which is why Oklahoma just beat 'em. Again.

Tua was a lot better against Clemson than Burrow was against Alabama.

Well, the problem with articles like this one is they use the logic that Burrow had a game with as many touchdowns as incompletions - as if Tua hasn’t already accomplished that several times.

Tua already has 5 games under his belt where he’s thrown more TD’s than he’s had incompletions. And another 3 games where he’s only had 1 more incompletion than he had TD passes.

Burrow only needs to do it at minimum half a dozen more times to catch up.
Tua hasn't played the #7 team in the nation.

Then ,please explain why he was so crappy last year...a lot of faith in a one year wonder...
Was he really crappy last year? Some guys finally get into the right spot and the light goes on. Every coach swears by him. Could be a case of maturing and confidence. Either way, he's made himself a lot of money.

I'll be sure to get around to watching those games at some point. :lol:

However, Tua was playing injured the entire second half of the season, and had his already injured ankle stepped on by Jonah Williams, which is why he left the game and Hurts had to enter the game.

Tua had just thrown a 51 yard TD pass to Waddle to pull within 7 before he got his ankle stepped on by a 310 pound offensive lineman's cleat.

If you'll remember, Tua is the one that came in the game for an ineffective Hurts vs. Georgia in the national championship game the year before and threw 3 TD passes in the 2nd half to lead the come from behind win.

Although I find it ironic that you'd mention Oklahoma's defense when it's Tua, but not Texas' defense when it's Burrow. :lol:

Oklahoma is better than Texas - which is why Oklahoma just beat 'em. Again.

Tua was a lot better against Clemson than Burrow was against Alabama.
You are obviously all in on Tua. I suspect that if the Dolphins get the first pick in the draft, they will likely draft Tua. As a Dolphin fan since 1966, I will certainly be rooting for him to be as great as you and many others think he will be. I just think that Burrows will eventually turn out to be the better NFL QB.

I am not one of those fans who want to Tank for Tua. I want the Dolphins to win games this year and if they do win, especially against the Bengals I hope the Bengals draft Tua and Grier ends up drafting Burrows.

As far as you pointing out that Oklahoma is better than Texas. While that might the case so far this year. Last year Texas and Oklahoma split two games and in the game won by Texas they scored 48 points against a terrible Oklahoma defense. In fact the defensive coordinator of the Sooners was fired after the season because of how bad the defense was last year.

You are obviously all in on Tua. I suspect that if the Dolphins get the first pick in the draft, they will likely draft Tua. As a Dolphin fan since 1966, I will certainly be rooting for him to be as great as you and many others think he will be. I just think that Burrows will eventually turn out to be the better NFL QB.

I am not one of those fans who want to Tank for Tua. I want the Dolphins to win games this year and if they do win, especially against the Bengals I hope the Bengals draft Tua and Grier ends up drafting Burrows.

As far as you pointing out that Oklahoma is better than Texas. While that might the case so far this year. Last year Texas and Oklahoma split two games and in the game won by Texas they scored 48 points against a terrible Oklahoma defense. In fact the defensive coordinator of the Sooners was fired after the season because of how bad the defense was last year.

I'm not arguing that Oklahoma's defense didn't suck last year. But to dismiss Tua's game against Oklahoma and in the same breath try to pump up Burrow's performance against a Texas defense that's just as bad - just shows your bias.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion. But not their own facts. Don't start out with "The fact is".... and then follow it up with everything but the facts. I know what the facts are.

I don't know how great he'll be - a lot of that is dependent on many things outside of his control. I just know he's the best player in the country and the best quarterback in the draft. The rest is yet to be determined.

Back
Top Bottom