Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Well, I wouldn't mind if Rosen balls out the rest of the year and makes himself the undisputed starter for next year. Barring that happening though, I'm cool with us drafting Tua at #1.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but would you take that stance if it was Tua throwing that ball? Rosen fan or not, the ball should have been caught for a TD.
Should have been caught is not the same as a drop. When I saw that play live and the replay, my thought was, "Dang, defender made a nice play." Didn't blame Rosen or Williams. Defense gets paid money too.

The drops last week though on back to back deep balls? Unforgivable.

Now, in regards to the line, in the past 7 seasons either it was a pathetic OL or Tammy’s fault for all of the sacks.

Yep, its just black and white like that

:rolleyes:

Curious why you are so against a combination of picks between QB and then the rest of the team.

Yep, its just black and white like that

:rolleyes:

Curious why you are so against a combination of picks between QB and then the rest of the team.

90% of these guys want to wait for Trevor Lawrence, but won’t come out and say it. This poster in particular wants to use our 4 picks in the top 33 on everything but QB, but also expects to also have a top pick again afterwards. It makes no sense.

90% of these guys want to wait for Trevor Lawrence, but won’t come out and say it. This poster in particular wants to use our 4 picks in the top 33 on everything but QB, but also expects to also have a top pick again afterwards. It makes no sense.
Makes so much sense.

We can draft Tua AND bolster the team, but apparently thats not good enough. That first pick should be anything but qb

Would be a weird strategy given that Tua is better than Lawrence.

I think you hit the nail on the head bro.

No offense directed at OP at all, but isn't this just a biased popularity question? Why isn't there a button for "whoever is the best fit and gives us the best chance to win" (besides that is way too long to fit next to the button)

I don't care who it is as long as they fit our scheme and win. It could be your mom for all i care.

If it's my choice I choose other... I want Mahomes.

Hard to beat that, unfortunately, that would probably cost all of our first round picks for the next 3 years and make the rebuild take a LOT longer.

Tua is only 1 pick.

Fact, QBs are a risky draft pick especially in the top 5. Evidence by...the top 5 picks in the past 30 years! Jury is still out on Baker.

QBs drafted in the top 5

2018 Baker Mayfield and Sam Dumba$$
2017 Mitchell Trubisky
2016 Goff and Wentz
2015 Winston and Mariota
2014 Blake Bortles LMAO
2013 ZERO!
2012 Luck and RGIII lmao
2011 Cam
2010 Sam Bradford
2009 Matt Stafford and Marky Sanchez
2008 Matt Ryan
2007 JaMarcuss Russell
2006 Vince Young
2005 Alex Smith
2004 Eli Manning SB winner and Rivers
2003 Carson Palmer
2002 David Carr and Joey Harrington
2001 Micheal Vick
2000 ZERO
1999 Tim Couch and Akili Smith
1998 Peyton Manning SB winner and Ryan Leaf
1997 ZERO
1996 ZERO
1995 Steve McNair and Kerry Collins
1994 Heath Shuler
1993 Drew Bledsoe and Rick Mirer
1992 ZERO
1991 ZERO
1990 Jeff George
1989 Troy Aikman SB winner

Now, in regards to the line, in the past 7 seasons either it was a pathetic OL or Tammy’s fault for all of the sacks. Or maybe the people evaluating talent just flat out suck which is highly likely with picks like Dion Jordan and Harris.

The point is, we are a lot more than a top 5 QB pick away from being good. I highly doubt Tua would be successful here. He is use to having tons of talent around him and playing cupcake teams. He only plays what 3 to 4 tough games per year. So far this year he has only played cupcakes. His OL is better than ours and his WRs are better than ours. His coaching is better than ours.

My first round would be to pick Chase Young then best OT and best WRs available. Second round best available OG and C. Third round best available RB and CB. If Rosen doesn’t cut it next year I would go after Trevor.

So let me see if I get this...

You pass on Tua for Chase Young and use the rest of the assets on players to benefit a qb. Your argument against taking a QB top 5 is because they don’t turn out.

Correct?

Then you say that you will take a qb the next year TOP 5 OVERALL.

I mean, are you ok? Seriously, are you ok?

So... A third of the posters are pulling for Rosen, half are pulling for Tua… and the rest are strung out over the board-- about what we've seen in the threads.

Now... we wait.

So let me see if I get this...

You pass on Tua for Chase Young and use the rest of the assets on players to benefit a qb. Your argument against taking a QB top 5 is because they don’t turn out.

Correct?

Then you say that you will take a qb the next year TOP 5 OVERALL.

I mean, are you ok? Seriously, are you ok?

There’s a theme to all of these posters. At the core of everything, it’s a Tua v Lawrence thing. I honestly don’t believe most people are pro-Rosen. I think they are mostly Pro-Trevor Lawrence and want Rosen to start one more year so that Miami is in a place to get Lawrence.

There’s a theme to all of these posters. At the core of everything, it’s a Tua v Lawrence thing. I honestly don’t believe most people are pro-Rosen. I think they are mostly Pro-Trevor Lawrence and want Rosen to start one more year so that Miami is in a place to get Lawrence.
You're giving too much credit. If that were true, their reasoning would be far better than, "OMG build team first! Top 5 QBs are bust central! Nothing is Rosen's fault!"

It doesn't take much time to say, "Hey, we should build the lines so our QB we pick next year walks into a better situation and has a better chance to succeed", possibly with ACTUAL data points that back up their ideas. Instead we get spammed drivel.

Which is odd because of a couple of things...

Lawrence is a great prospect, but he has been out played by Tua this year.

If we have an off-season where we pass in Tua and have a good draft and solid FA period. Rosen will win us 5-7 games.

If that happens you will need to trade a bunch of assets to get Lawrence and be like every other team that fails a top 5 QB.

Back
Top Bottom