Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
One poster in this thread claimed that top 5 QBs are busts so we shouldn't draft one. OK, since Bob Griese was selected with the 4th pick in 1967, we've had 3 top 5 draft picks. Ronnie Brown, Jake Long and Dion Jordan. Only a couple of seasons from Jake Long would justify not going QB was the right thing to do ! As I said in another thread we are trying to change the narrative here, doing the same thing we've been doing for 20 plus years is not going to do that.

Rosen, for all the reasons others have given.

Even outside of the QB position, only ~50% of 1st round picks become viable starters. Let that sink in.

Now let me also say, I don't EXPECT Rosen to become all world. With this line, I actually expect him on IR.

But.... if he DOES pan out.. well, more power to us.

90% of these guys want to wait for Trevor Lawrence, but won’t come out and say it. This poster in particular wants to use our 4 picks in the top 33 on everything but QB, but also expects to also have a top pick again afterwards. It makes no sense.

I don’t see Tua being this QB god like some on here. The Tua crowd sounds like the Gasy supporters who kept posting “In Gase we trust” LMAO! Tua would probably be a good QB if he went to an established team. However, we have more whole on offense alone that will take probably 3 years to fix.

I don’t see Tua being this QB god like some on here. The Tua crowd sounds like the Gasy supporters who kept posting “In Gase we trust” LMAO! Tua would probably be a good QB if he went to an established team. However, we have more whole on offense alone that will take probably 3 years to fix.
You keep contradicting yourself. 1st you say he’s going to be a bust in 3-5 years no matter what team he goes to, now you say he’ll probably be good if he went to an established team.

One poster in this thread claimed that top 5 QBs are busts so we shouldn't draft one. OK, since Bob Griese was selected with the 4th pick in 1967, we've had 3 top 5 draft picks. Ronnie Brown, Jake Long and Dion Jordan. Only a couple of seasons from Jake Long would justify not going QB was the right thing to do ! As I said in another thread we are trying to change the narrative here, doing the same thing we've been doing for 20 plus years is not going to do that.

Matt Ryan wouldn’t have been successful here. The problem with Miami has been scouting. When has Miami gotten the 1st round pick right? Plus, Tua lighting up garbage teams doesn’t show me anything. We’ll see what he does against LSU and UGA.

There’s a theme to all of these posters. At the core of everything, it’s a Tua v Lawrence thing. I honestly don’t believe most people are pro-Rosen. I think they are mostly Pro-Trevor Lawrence and want Rosen to start one more year so that Miami is in a place to get Lawrence.
I'm pro Rosen. But my reason is how amazing I can see this draft if we don't have to go qb first. However, as much as I'd love Rosen to pop...after 13 more games i think flores will make the right assessment and if it not Rosen, give me tua.

You keep contradicting yourself. 1st you say he’s going to be a bust in 3-5 years no matter what team he goes to, now you say he’ll probably be good if he went to an established team.

I never said no matter where he plays. If he or anyone played in NE, he would be good. I said that he will be a bust here. I will bet money on that.

Matt Ryan wouldn’t have been successful here. The problem with Miami has been scouting. When has Miami gotten the 1st round pick right? Plus, Tua lighting up garbage teams doesn’t show me anything. We’ll see what he does against LSU and UGA.
You'll just chalk it up to the talent around him making him look good to further your agenda anyway. Who are you kidding?

What are you, 13 years old? What grown man talks like this?

1) Tua 2) Love 3) Fromm and 4) Ridder. That's what I hope for; dependent on where Miami actually picks and how things fall. Gotta love Tua's overall game. His height does concern me. But think he'll be very capable at the NFL Level. I think Love has some rawness to him. But also think he's got enormous potential to be a very good NFL QB. Fromm to me is the perfect fit, but don't like some aspects of his game. He'll need to be protected very well. Ridder is the sleeper of all sleepers. Love his game, physical presence and arm. Good QB Prospect.

1) Tua 2) Love 3) Fromm and 4) Ridder. That's what I hope for; dependent on where Miami actually picks and how things fall. Gotta love Tua's overall game. His height does concern me. But think he'll be very capable at the NFL Level. I think Love has some rawness to him. But also think he's got enormous potential to be a very good NFL QB. Fromm to me is the perfect fit, but don't like some aspects of his game. He'll need to be protected very well. Ridder is the sleeper of all sleepers. Love his game, physical presence and arm. Good QB Prospect.

What do you think about the possibility of making our three firsts in other areas and taking the chance that one of them drops to our 2nd rounder?

What do you think about the possibility of making our three firsts in other areas and taking the chance that one of them drops to our 2nd rounder?

Wouldn't you rather take a chance that a guard, tackle, center, CB, DE, WR...falls as oppose to the most important position in football?

I think the likelihood that a player at one of the other positions mentioned would be more then likely to be there in the 2nd round as oppose to the one position that gets over drafted each year.

I can see a scenario like that happening. But I think as of now Miami is dead set on picking its QB in round #1. Imagine a scenario where Miami selects Young, Delpit and Simmons in round #1.

I can see a scenario like that happening. But I think as of now Miami is dead set on picking its QB in round #1. Imagine a scenario where Miami selects Young, Delpit and Simmons in round #1.

I'm not with you on the 'dead set'... I'm hoping that ALL avenues are still open.

Back
Top Bottom