• Chicago Cubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland Indians

• Oakland Athletics

• Seattle Mariners

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other... I will name them on the thread in my own post.

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
Teams can spend whatever they want. If you look at ALL of the owners in baseball, guess who the richest owner is???? The guy who owns the Twins. Wanna know where George falls, somewhere like 16 or 17th richest owner.

Puhhhhlease.
Does the owner of the Twins (or any other team for that matter) actually use their own personal monies on their payroll?
Now I am not defending one guy or another, but....
Steinbrenner does have a HUGE TV contract that no other team has...
But Steinbrenner does have to give others owners a bit a pocket change every season...and the majority of those owners are pocketing that money.

I do hate the Yankees, but with the way that MLB is setup right now Steinbrenner is doing nothing wrong.

Fischfan13 said:
Puhhhhlease.
Does the owner of the Twins (or any other team for that matter) actually use their own personal monies on their payroll?
But Steinbrenner does have to give others owners a bit a pocket change every season...and the majority of those owners are pocketing that money.

I do hate the Yankees, but with the way that MLB is setup right now Steinbrenner is doing nothing wrong.

Of course owners gotta spend their own money. THEY BOUGHT THE TEAM! What did they expect? To buy a team and never have to spend another dime again? Doesn't work this way. And if the Twins owner put a better product on the field he would have a better TV deal.

And if the Twins owner put a better product on the field he would have a better TV deal.

LMAO...
So then if the Twins won more than the past three division titles miraculously there would be more people in Minnesota with cable TV?!?!?!
Cable TV packages are paid out to the owners by their general TV audience.
The owner of the Twins makes a set amount of money...period.
A better Twins team does not enlarge the Minnesota Twins viewing area...or make the population all of a sudden larger.:roflmao:

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Gotta love comebacks from Yankee fans now...

"Well you only have 20 more to go before you catch us." :roflmao:

Pathetic.. Go and get your revenge tonight in April buddy.. :lol:

What do you expect? You guys act like your 1 little title in 86 years somehow cancels out our 26. You guys had your 1 fluky run but that's over, let's see you do it again. You guys are already in a familiar position and that's looking up at us in the standings.

Fischfan13 said:
Puhhhhlease.

You do realize that the owner of the Twins is 100x more wealthy than George Steinbrenner?

Fischfan13 said:
LMAO...
So then if the Twins won more than the past three division titles miraculously there would be more people in Minnesota with cable TV?!?!?!
Cable TV packages are paid out to the owners by their general TV audience.
The owner of the Twins makes a set amount of money...period.
A better Twins team does not enlarge the Minnesota Twins viewing area...or make the population all of a sudden larger.:roflmao:

You fool. A better product means more of the surronding areas would jump on board and start picking up games. Maybe cities on the outskirts of Wisconsin near the Minnesota border. Or maybe bordering stats like Iowa, N.Dakota, S.Dakota which have no MLB teams would pick up the Twins games and that cable package.

You think so small minded and so "inside the box". If you put a winner on the field and spend money on star players, you will see a better TV deal, increased attendance, more revenue flowing in.

jmenjes said:
I'm a fan of YOUR 1997 and 2003 World Champion Florida Marlins.

They're not mine. I didn't want them to win. In fact, I'd laugh if they went 0-162 games this season. They'd get the same support they do now.:roflmao:

nyjunc said:
What do you expect? You guys act like your 1 little title in 86 years somehow cancels out our 26. You guys had your 1 fluky run but that's over, let's see you do it again. You guys are already in a familiar position and that's looking up at us in the standings.

Oh NO! It's April 4th, and we are 1 game behind the Yankees.. hell we should just quit now. Choker. :lol:

By the way, do you realize how pathetic you sound, cause it is quite funny. Somehow Yankee fans believe that the more they use 26 the better it will make them look. Do you think Heat fans are gonna give a flying sh*t that the Celtics have 16 championships when/if they win it all. What you are doing is like me walking around bragging about Celtics championships that don't mean sh*it. No one cares about your 26 especially since you haven't won one since... YEAR TWO-THOU-SAND :lol:

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Oh NO! It's April 4th, and we are 1 game behind the Yankees.. hell we should just quit now. Choker. :lol:

By the way, do you realize how pathetic you sound, cause it is quite funny. Somehow Yankee fans believe that the more they use 26 the better it will make them look. Do you think Heat fans are gonna give a flying sh*t that the Celtics have 16 championships when/if they win it all. What you are doing is like me walking around bragging about Celtics championships that don't mean sh*it. No one cares about your 26 especially since you haven't won one since... YEAR TWO-THOU-SAND :lol:

:yeahthat:

I miss Red and I miss Larry.

FinsForLife007 said:
They're not mine. I didn't want them to win. In fact, I'd laugh if they went 0-162 games this season. They'd get the same support they do now.:roflmao:

This coming from an Atlanta Braves fan.:spit: Did you happen to look at your own stadium two years ago when it looked like Wrigley Field II in the 2003 NLDS?? You guys can't even sell out playoff games. You are definitely the last one that should be talking. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom