You’re on the clock and another GM calls you... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You’re on the clock and another GM calls you...

Oakland has way too many holes to trade away all that draft capital.
I really see the Chargers grabbing Tua trading up with any of the 2-3-4 picks.

I would tell him to go back to analyzing the draft for espn and that the Raiders can suck it.

If Mike Mayock is on the phone offering multiple 1st round Draft picks to move up for Tua, I'd say there's a very good chance that the Vegas Raiders medical team have got an extremely high level of confidence in Tua's hip and that is great news for us.
BTW - Mike should also be aware that Mel Kiper Jr currently rates Justin Herbert ahead of Tua (drewbreeswith a lefthand) Tagovailoa.

Essentially would you trade Tua for Jordan love and AN Other. And if I'm taking Tua at 5 then no that is not enough to change my mind.

.... “Hi it’s Mike Mayock, we will give you both our first round picks this year for this pick” (to draft tua)

what would you do?
i would say hell ya!

I’d want their first this year and next year. But in this case I’d do it.

Never heard of Gruden liking Tua, and does not have a track record for liking/using young QBs. He has used Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson and now Carr as a HC and Randal Cunningham when he was a OC.

But to answer your question, I cannot pass on a QB who has been elite at every level he ever played for picks in the teens, yes he has an injury history but the guy we take in the teens could pull a McMillian and play one preseason snap before blowing out his knee.

The Raiders do not have young players they could add to the deal either meaning their roster is older and underdeveloped itself. The Jags have multiple 1st but they are in cap hell and stuck with Foles' contact for 3 more years.

I do not see a trade back to be honest. What is the value now that Tua is part of the process? I think he is a franchise guy others do not which is what makes this process great.

You guys are looking in the wrong place.

The Raiders have selections 12 and 19. Not 11 and 13.

So a potential trade with LV would give MIA selections 12, 18, 19, **25 (wherever the HOU pick lands).

Not sure LV would offer that deal. By the point value system most teams use, its an overpay by a couple hundred points.

I’m not sure I’d go for that trade anyway. I might be more tempted for another 1st in 2021 than another this season. Say #5 for #12 their 3rd rounder this season (#80) (they don’t have a 2nd) and their 1st rounder in 2021. Something along those lines.

That‘d give MIA 12, 18, **25 this season + another 3rd this season and 3 1st round picks in 2021 too.

2020‘s first three rounds would be: 12, 18, **25, 39, 56, 70, 80

Pretty nice for a rebuilding team.

I was going by the last offer received on Fanspeak. I haven't been on there in a while...obviously.

Almost any trade that's fair for us net's us the capitol to get a QB this year and have the trade value to go get Lawrence next year, if we need him, without crippling our draft picks for the next couple of years for the rebuldiing effort going on here. I do this trade for 2 -#1s and a #2 next year or a #1 and a #2 this year and a #1 next year.

It's great having picks but if we pass on Tua or trade down for him we are left hoping Love, Hurts or Eason is the guy. If they fail and with a slim chance of Lawrence or Fields next year, we are back to square 1.

Take the chance with Tua. We have the draft capital. The last thing we want is another decade of looking for the guy.

Not that the Raiders would do this but Hypothetically speaking

I would hope Grier Flores Allen and McKenzie would put their heads together realize that they are not even thinking about Tua at 5, wait tell the pick and see who's on the board. If the traditional weird pick has happened (though a bit early ) and a Young Thomas or Brown surprisingly falls you make the pick. But realistically if gone and the player you really wanted isn't there its a no brainier you trade the 5 to the raiders for 12 and 19...

4 first rd picks ?????? Are you kidding ....

in a heartbeat I would. Four first round picks? We are going places.

But.....in 5 years they will all want contracts lol.

It's great having picks but if we pass on Tua or trade down for him we are left hoping Love, Hurts or Eason is the guy. If they fail and with a slim chance of Lawrence or Fields next year, we are back to square 1.

Take the chance with Tua. We have the draft capital. The last thing we want is another decade of looking for the guy.

Tua to big of a risk. Build a solid OL draft and FA, maybe top shelf WR, a solid RB draft or FA and I think we'd all be whistling a different tune with Rosen. and like you said we have the draft capital to do a lot. We don't need the Best we need the Griese, solid, consistent and reliable with a tremendous group around our QB whoever he is.

Back
Top Bottom