You’re on the clock and another GM calls you... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You’re on the clock and another GM calls you...

I would make that trade and not think twice about it. The Dolphins have holes throughout their roster and having four first round picks would certainly go a long way toward filling those holes as long as Grier knows what he is doing in the draft.

If you're scouts have Tua as a franchise quarterback then no. I think that's the case. I like Herbert, but he's not the player a healthy Tua is. I'm intrigued by Love and Hurts as well.

Can we stop with the whole narrative that whoever is #1 in 2021 is going to trade out with a chance to draft Lawrence. The offer we would have to make would cripple the team for 2/3 drafts going forward. Which would cripple the team for 5/6 years going forward.

Tua to big of a risk. Build a solid OL draft and FA, maybe top shelf WR, a solid RB draft or FA and I think we'd all be whistling a different tune with Rosen. and like you said we have the draft capital to do a lot. We don't need the Best we need the Griese, solid, consistent and reliable with a tremendous group around our QB whoever he is.

Hmmm I hear what you are saying but we need more than a game manager at QB (Not saying Griese was as before my time) but certainly the likes of Pennington, Fiedler, RT17 and guys like Alex Smith who may be a FA are. I can't help feeling if we don't land Tua, Lawrence or Fields (Very unlikely) we may have missed the boat and be looking for an Elite QB for the next 10 years. There may be a guy in this draft or next that no one is talking about that could be that guy.

Somehow through bad luck or bad judgement, we haven't been able to find him.

Hmmm I hear what you are saying but we need more than a game manager at QB (Not saying Griese was as before my time) but certainly the likes of Pennington, Fiedler, RT17 and guys like Alex Smith who may be a FA are. I can't help feeling if we don't land Tua, Lawrence or Fields (Very unlikely) we may have missed the boat and be looking for an Elite QB for the next 10 years. There may be a guy in this draft or next that no one is talking about that could be that guy.

Somehow through bad luck or bad judgement, we haven't been able to find him.

Completely understand your view point. But IMO thats the point we are mostly missing. We don't need a game changer at QB, ya nice but not essential for success. You need a game changer when the rest of the offense around the guy sucks. And even then a game changer will most likely fail.

" Haven't found Him " ?
Funny thing is we may have got rid of him. Damn I wasn't a Fan but have to say that the Titans might have found him. Hmm failed here with crappy Offense around him. Lighting it up with much better quality around him... Hello

Not saying he maybe the one but give our QB whether Rosen or whoever a fair opportunity with a damn even descent Offense around him and then make the judgement call instead of pulling another RT athon. I'm talkin OL quality RB not a Laird or whoever we got filling that hole. Don't put all the pressure on the QB's arm no matter who it is. Though when needed that arm quality needs to be there.

Griese, Stabler, Bradshaw, Plunkett, White were quality Good QB's who became great by having a solid Offense around them. It's just critical and Tua's injury makes building that solid Offense hopefully our big focus in the draft and FA. Throwing in some defensive help as well. We need a lot.
Think the staff see's it too...JMO

I hang up on that call. Then I call back just so I can hang up on him a second time. Then I run the card up and enjoy the first bonafide franchise QB we’ve had since Marino.

i'd trade all 3 of our firsts for 1sts next year and 2nds+ this year, and turn around with the same strategy next draft. Use all this capital to draft like 5 2nds or 3rds every year for the next several years. Between injuries and busts i want as many potentially very good players as possible.

.... “Hi it’s Mike Mayock, we will give you both our first round picks this year for this pick” (to draft tua)

what would you do?
i would say hell ya!

Less than a second to say Yes.

Four 1st plus two next year. Yes please, that's a whole draft class of 1st round picks.

Back
Top Bottom