You’re on the clock and another GM calls you... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You’re on the clock and another GM calls you...

Kiper was the same guy who said the Dolphins made a giant mistake by not drafting Brady Quinn. He has made a living being wrong more than he has been right regarding players in the draft.

Did you even read my post before responding?

Why would Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia spend their first round pick on a player to sit for a year when if they don't win next year they're out of a job? They're drafting players who can make an immediate impact.
Not sure they would, particularly Patricia, but Quinn may not be on his way out, and the owner is actually the one with final say.

I have followed the Lions since the 70s, and there is often no rhyme nor reason for what they do.

No teams is going to trade the first pick in the draft with Lawrence on the board. As far as Fields is concerned, he is not as good as Lawrence, a healthy Tua or Burrow. I am not sold on him being worth trading up for but maybe he will change my mind next year.
Never say never. If Cincy takes Burrow, and goes 2-14 again, do they take Lawrence?

Certainly not something to plan around though.

Kiper was the same guy who said the Dolphins made a giant mistake by not drafting Brady Quinn. He has made a living being wrong more than he has been right regarding players in the draft.

The year that he said Andre Ware was the best prospect in a decade was my particular favourite.

As a tout, Mel has very nice hair.

.... “Hi it’s Mike Mayock, we will give you both our first round picks this year for this pick” (to draft tua)

what would you do?
i would say hell ya!
Your only getting one first round pick because your giving up pick 5 they would have throw in next years first as well or a second this year for me to get tempted.

I take Tua you don’t pass on generational QBs. Unless you want a repeat of the last decade when we passed on Brees

tua WHEN HEALTHY is not a "generational QB". Too short and injury prone, and I am suspicious of how much (probably a LOT) of his number padding is on Jeudy, Ruggs and Harris.

He can only be wanted by ross as a publicity stunt to sell tickets and placate goodell.

tua WHEN HEALTHY is not a "generational QB". Too short and injury prone, and I am suspicious of how much (probably a LOT) of his number padding is on Jeudy, Ruggs and Harris.

He can only be wanted by ross as a publicity stunt to sell tickets and placate goodell.

I'll play devil's advocate. Not saying you're wrong, not saying you're right either :p. He may not be a "generational QB" but he is an ELITE talent.

So you're cautious about how good Tua really is because he has a great WR corps? How about paying attention his leadership, consistency, scrambling ability, and accuracy. His ball placement is as good as any college QB I've seen in years. It' doesn't matter who he's throwing too if you are paying attention to those attributes. I would like to know what do you see when you watch him play (besides lack of idea height (which doesn't mean he's too short, and his three injuries) that causes you doubt he can't dissect a defense and deliver a football to his WRs on time?

While I do think Kiper is awful, most people who discuss players, draft, and their potential end up being wrong. I honestly respect people who at least put their opinion out there.

No I wouldn't because 1st round picks don't mean success, remember they are going to have to pay those picks in 3-4 years,

Back
Top Bottom