You’re on the clock and another GM calls you... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You’re on the clock and another GM calls you...

I'd say no to just two picks for our pick at 5... they are too far back of a drop off. If they threw in a need position for us, like a DE / OLB C. Ferrell type rusher or QB Carr the deal makes more sense, or more picks next year.

This is what I’m most concerned about. A year to sit behind Stafford.
Why would Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia spend their first round pick on a player to sit for a year when if they don't win next year they're out of a job? They're drafting players who can make an immediate impact.

in a heartbeat I would. Four first round picks? We are going places.

But.....in 5 years they will all want contracts lol.

In 5 years, 2 will already be gone and one or two could be trade bait based on how they have played and what we see coming up in those drafts.

In this scenario, I am the GM and Oakland approached me because they are interested in Tua too. Well that only means Tua's medical report is promising because no GM would offer up their 1st round picks unless they were confident in that investment. Their two first round picks would not be enough, because my franchise needs a QB too, and a healthy or a promising prognosis Tua would be high on my list. So Oakland would have to offer a "mafia deal," meaning one of those make an offer I can't refuse type of deals. That would include an additional 2021 first round pick, other than that, Gruden/Mayock can watch Roger Goodell announce, "and with the 5th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins pick QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama.

Last edited:
Does it really matter what Mel Kiper says? Half the so called experts are usually off when it comes to draft picks.

It does, to an extent. Someone is feeding him these reports. The Lions may not want Tua, but it’s a round-about way of advertising that they want to be called about that pick.

Yes and I would use those picks to trade up for Lawrence or Fields next year.
No teams is going to trade the first pick in the draft with Lawrence on the board. As far as Fields is concerned, he is not as good as Lawrence, a healthy Tua or Burrow. I am not sold on him being worth trading up for but maybe he will change my mind next year.

Why would Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia spend their first round pick on a player to sit for a year when if they don't win next year they're out of a job? They're drafting players who can make an immediate impact.
Let’s hope that’s the thinking.

We might have to trade up to number 2
Hopefully the Dolphins don’t trade up for Tua. They need all the draft picks they have the next two years just to fill all the holes on their roster. If Tua was healthy and not injury prone trading up to draft him would make sense. With his recent hip surgery and all the other injuries he has suffered the last two years, there is no way they should draft him at 5, much less move up and draft him.

Hopefully the Dolphins don’t trade up for Tua. They need all the draft picks they have the next two years just to fill all the holes on their roster. If Tua was healthy and not injury prone trading up to draft him would make sense. With his recent hip surgery and all the other injuries he has suffered the last two years, there is no way they should draft him at 5, much less move up and draft him.

You’ve said this in literally every single Tua thread Ive clicked into the last 48 hours.

It does, to an extent. Someone is feeding him these reports. The Lions may not want Tua, but it’s a round-about way of advertising that they want to be called about that pick.
Kiper was the same guy who said the Dolphins made a giant mistake by not drafting Brady Quinn. He has made a living being wrong more than he has been right regarding players in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom