Armando - Landry could still be traded for right price | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - Landry could still be traded for right price

I am hearing that Patriots have offered a 2nd (thier 2nd not the one recieved from SF)

The only way I would ever trade Landry to the Pats is if they gave us every first round pick they ever get again for perpetuity. Otherwise, I would tell them to take that 2nd round pick and shove it up their @ss.

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins are shopping Jarvis Landry ahead of the trade deadline.

Miami has already moved Jay Ajayi to the Eagles, and they could be looking to make another splash. With Landry in the final year of his deal and the Dolphins in no hurry to sign him to a big extension, a trade makes some sense, but it would further weaken an already terrible offense. Miami has until 4 PM ET today to work out a trade.

At this point I don't give a **** who else they trade. Landry will not be a Dolphin after this year anyway so if they were to get a good offer then do it. The problem is that after only getting a 4 for Ajayi I'd not be surprised if we got a 3rd for Landry. I'm going to be honest here. I love Landry but I never wanted him to be our first option in the passing game. When a slow slot WR is your first option you will never have a great offense and since he should NOT be our first option(just my opinion) then we can't pay him as a top 5 WR which is what he wants but having said that, T-dumb will get us a horrible deal for Landry if he does move him

Ozzy rules!!

If they're shopping him then they're clearly not going to re-sign him so what does it matter.

Apparently, Kiko and Branch are more valuable players.

The only way I would ever trade Landry to the Pats is if they gave us every first round pick they ever get again for perpetuity. Otherwise, I would tell them to take that 2nd round pick and shove it up their @ss.

Yep, and I think a 2 is a solid return, but if its New England I need a 1 or that San Fran 2nd rounder at worst.

I mean if you have no intentions to resign him you absolutely should be fielding offers.

You need a 2 for Jarvis though.
didn't we draft him in the second? for landry you ask for a 1st. (
NFL Draft: 2014 / Round: 2 / Pick: 63)

yeah you don't just trade a pro bowl WR that you drafted in the 2nd for a 2nd. what have you gained?

We aren't going to get over the hump of being a poor-to-average team without making some major, painful changes. It was obvious who Gase was targeting last week when he talked about people not putting in the necessary work. If we are ever going to get to be a legitimate team, we are going to have to prune the under-performers, no matter how talented they are.

yeah you don't just trade a pro bowl WR that you drafted in the 2nd for a 2nd. what have you gained?

I think you'd like a first, but if he's a malcontent, potentially causing locker room issues, you take a second and run.

You have used up that equity already. 3.5 of the 4 years have been spent. Trade him now for a 2 or in 8 games get nothing for him . . . Just like u got nothing for OV and Miller.

You gain the opportunity to get another young top 64 player for 4 cheap years.

More than you will get in a few weeks when he pisses off for nothing because we spent all our cap room on Cutler?

We aren't going to get over the hump of being a poor-to-average team without making some major, painful changes. It was obvious who Gase was targeting last week when he talked about people not putting in the necessary work. If we are ever going to get to be a legitimate team, we are going to have to prune the under-performers, no matter how talented they are.
As painful as it is.......you're right.

You have used up that equity already. 3.5 of the 4 years have been spent. Trade him now for a 2 or in 8 games get nothing for him . . . Just like u got nothing for OV and Miller.

You gain the opportunity to get another young top 64 player for 4 cheap years.

And that's why this team has been stuck in a ditch for a decade plus. They never develop players, and when they finally do, they trade them away for a lottery ticket. Ridiculous.

And that's why this team has been stuck in a ditch for a decade plus. They never develop players, and when they finally do, they trade them away for a lottery ticket. Ridiculous.

I mean New England does the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom