Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins?

I live in PA too, so we are safe? Only good thing about the Jets, lol

We are safe, the blackout would only impact the local Dolphins markets. Not sure where you live in PA, but for me, the only time I would ever maybe miss a Dolphins game is if Miami plays in Philadelphia and they don't sell out.

I'm not trashing on you, and I know some people are legitimately struggling, but that's not the reason most fans don't go. They can afford to, but choose not to. Again, I'm not saying anone is required to, I just don't like the arbitrary excuses made for everyone in South Florida. Just be honest about it, all I'm saying, I respect that more.

your wrong, people are struggling and most cannot afford to go, especially every week. And how did i know this thread would turn into this, and ofcourse the leader of bashing locals nublar is in here doing his thing. lol.

your wrong, people are struggling and most cannot afford to go, especially every week. And how did i know this thread would turn into this, and ofcourse the leader of bashing locals nublar is in here doing his thing. lol.

Again, not sure where I have really said anything negative about the local fan base in this thread. Though I see you are in the bashing nublar mode again. I understand you are a big fan of mine, but it is one thing to talk about the issue on hand and it is another to personally target members. Wonder how long that would last? :evilmod:

It turns to this because this is the reason. Some of you just want to pretend that everyone in south Florida is living hand to mouth and no one can afford a Dolphins ticket, because it makes locals appear to be bad fans to the rest of us. As I said, I lived there, and go back fairly often as I still have tons of friends and some family that live there. I know this city very very well, well enough to know that isn't the reason MOST fans don't go.

There's quite a bit of money in South Florida, especially Palm Beach and Broward counties.

The main reason for the attendance is exactly what another poster said. The product SUCKS! Plus it's hotter than hell for the first half of the season. I've been to plenty of games in the beginning of the season and every time my friends and I come back burned to a crisp. There's little to no ventilation in that stadium and you have to walk to the outer concourses to get any relief. The other poster was right on with his comment about how the stadium should be similar to what's out in Arizona. The only games I will even think about buying tickets for are in Nov and Dec.

To pay over $100 and waste a full day to watch a team which is probably going to lose isn't that much fun. I'd rather watch it at a bar or from the comfort of my own home.

You're more likely to throw away a fortune at a "sports bar" than you are by going to a Dolphins game.

You kidding? Have you ever been to a Dolphins game? One beer is what, $8? You can find a nice sports bar that sells beer for 1/4th the price. The cheapest tickets I could find for this game were $60. Thats probably double what me and my girlfriend would spend at a sports bar this weekend and the $60 is for 1 ticket! Doesn't include parking, gas, food, drink, any of that stuff.

In in North Dakota and have Sunday ticket just so I can watch the fins....Will the game still show on Sunday Ticket?

It turns to this because this is the reason. Some of you just want to pretend that everyone in south Florida is living hand to mouth and no one can afford a Dolphins ticket, because it makes locals appear to be bad fans to the rest of us. As I said, I lived there, and go back fairly often as I still have tons of friends and some family that live there. I know this city very very well, well enough to know that isn't the reason MOST fans don't go.

You were shown articles and -facts- about the economic situation in Miami.

All you did was reply with empty statements you pulled out of your own ass.

The facts speak for themselves. The team has sucked for a long time, and Miami is struggling economically.

I went to the game last Sunday. It was great, fun, exciting, I screamed my butt off. You don't know how badly I want to go again this Sunday, but I honestly don't have the money.

I'm not a lazy band wagon fan, I just don't have the money to go to another game this season.

Sorry thats not acceptable, you will be generalized and critized by your own fanbase because you didnt go to every game. not enough money, well if you didn't buy lunch for a week you could go, oh and dinner for your parking... maybe breakfast if you want to buy a beer. Ridiculous to see some of the same posters generalize and attack locals over something that doesn't even effect them.

There's quite a bit of money in South Florida, especially Palm Beach and Broward counties.

The main reason for the attendance is exactly what another poster said. The product SUCKS! Plus it's hotter than hell for the first half of the season. I've been to plenty of games in the beginning of the season and every time my friends and I come back burned to a crisp. There's little to no ventilation in that stadium and you have to walk to the outer concourses to get any relief. The other poster was right on with his comment about how the stadium should be similar to what's out in Arizona. The only games I will even think about buying tickets for are in Nov and Dec.

To pay over $100 and waste a full day to watch a team which is probably going to lose isn't that much fun. I'd rather watch it at a bar or from the comfort of my own home.

Best post in the whole thread!! Now this, I respect. Man states his displeasure (whatever they may be), and gives clear and concise reasons why he chooses not to go. If only others could keep it this real...

I love the "too much to do in Miami" excuse, people are sitting on their couch, not going to Disney land

what if the excuse is "i have to a take a 2 hour online exam for school" :./

I was there last week and it was a blast. Wish I could go again and heckle the Jests, but I have other important matters to tend to.

You were shown articles and -facts- about the economic situation in Miami.

All you did was reply with empty statements you pulled out of your own ass.

The facts speak for themselves. The team has sucked for a long time, and Miami is struggling economically.

Go look it up. Yes, you're right, a portion of the inhabitants of the "city" of Miami are struggling. Only problem is, people who live there represent a very small portion of Dade and Broward counties. I understand they're called the Miami Dolphins, but people outside of this relatively small region are also welcome. :up:

Much ado about nothing. I still dont understand why people think every game should sell out. There will be plenty of tickets sold and lots of money made by the nfl. The blackout rule is stupid, I mean have you ever said to yourself Im not going to spend 200 dollars on a football game because its on TV. You either are going to the game or you or not, its two different experiences. No team in the nfl has masses of empty seats , just idiotic unrealistic expectations of the amount of people that feel its worth that much money to go see a football game.

Back
Top Bottom