Brady Quinn product of system | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Quinn product of system

shellgh0st said:
Here is a fact for you. While you were hating on RB, I was DEFENDING HIM. Saying he WOULD be a great RB. And I backed those THOUGHTS up with FACTS.

So if I'm a hater, then this is from one hater to another? lol

Nice attempt at a redirect. The replies in this thread by everyone involved are more than an indication of your ignorance about players and systems.

enigmatics said:
So if I'm a hater, then this is from one hater to another? lol

Nice attempt at a redirect. The replies in this thread by everyone involved are more than an indication of your ignorance about players and systems.

Nah, I don't hate you, but I do hate your inability to read properly.

enigmatics said:
The replies in this thread by everyone involved are more than an indication of your ignorance about players and systems.

I think its simply an indication of a lot of people being sold on Quinn.

That doesn't mean they agree with how you mistook my post.

Also, I played college ball for 2 years at a ranked school, I think I know a bit about players and systems.

shellgh0st said:
I think its simply an indication of a lot of people being sold on Quinn.

That doesn't mean they agree with how you mistook my post.

Also, I played college ball for 2 years at a ranked school, I think I know a bit about players and systems.

Bro, I didn't mistake anything in your post. You had an opinion based SOLEY off of "feelings." But what I'm curious about, is why would you even list anything about Weiss, about his system, if it was just a "feeling?" None of those would even have any relevance if it was just a "feeling." You half-arsed tried to include Weiss and his system in with your discussion about feelings, but explained nothing about it........You didn't even explain what you saw out of Quinn prior to Weiss that would lead you do believe that it's only Weiss's mastery and none of Quinn's skills.

The author of this thread claims that Quinn would be a bad choice for our system and you assert that notion, feelings or no feelings. It wasn't a hard read brah. It's just beyong me how you can sit there and argue over whether or not Brady Quinn would fit this team, without giving any solid, substantial indicators of why. It's a lazy argument. Try running around giving an explanation for everything in life based off your "feeling" and watch as you get laughed off this planet.

enigmatics said:
Bro, I didn't mistake anything in your post. You had an opinion based SOLEY off of "feelings." But what I'm curious about, is why would you even list anything about Weiss, about his system, if it was just a "feeling?" None of those would even have any relevance if it was just a "feeling." You half-arsed tried to include Weiss and his system in with your discussion about feelings, but explained nothing about it........You didn't even explain what you saw out of Quinn prior to Weiss that would lead you do believe that it's only Weiss's mastery and none of Quinn's skills.

The author of this thread claims that Quinn would be a bad choice for our system and you assert that notion, feelings or no feelings. It wasn't a hard read brah. It's just beyong me how you can sit there and argue over whether or not Brady Quinn would fit this team, without giving any solid, substantial indicators of why. It's a lazy argument. Try running around giving an explanation for everything in life based off your "feeling" and watch as you get laughed off this planet.

It's scary that you still don't get it. :shakeno:

I'm not concerned with what you are 'curious' about. I made my point clear in my original post. I stand by what I said.

Like I said loooong ago in this thread, I don't have to provide facts if my opinion is based off a gut feeling. People have those from time to time, you know? heh, I guess you don't know.

Here is something to help you out, when a fans says 'I know we're playing a better team this week, but I HAVE A FEELING WE WILL WIN!' Can he really provide facts to back up his feeling? Not really.

If you understood the CONTEXT of my original post, you wouldn't have replied. That is a FACT. As you said, my feeling 'have no relevance' so, you shouldn't have bothered replying.

shellgh0st said:
It's scary that you still don't get it. :shakeno:

I'm not concerned with what you are 'curious' about. I made my point clear in my original post. I stand by what I said.

Like I said loooong ago in this thread, I don't have to provide facts if my opinion is based off a gut feeling. People have those from time to time, you know? heh, I guess you don't know.

Here is something to help you out, when a fans says 'I know we're playing a better team this week, but I HAVE A FEELING WE WILL WIN!' Can he really provide facts to back up his feeling? Not really.

If you understood the CONTEXT of my original post, you wouldn't have replied. That is a FACT. As you said, my feeling 'have no relevance' so, you shouldn't have bothered replying.

.......... when a fan says that, it's nothing but straight homerly optimism my friend........nothing more nothing less...........

I got what you said chief. That's why I replied, because trying to determine somebody's possible future value to this franchise off of "feelings" is ridiculous. You're pretty much hell-bent on picking players off of those butterflies or lackthereof in your stomach so good luck with that!

Could you imagine a GM getting up to the podium explaining his draft strategy based on his feelings, completely ignoring performance and evaluation? That would be ridiculous.

enigmatics said:
.......... when a fan says that, it's nothing but straight homerly optimism my friend........nothing more nothing less...........

I got what you said chief. That's why I replied, because trying to determine somebody's possible future value to this franchise off of "feelings" is ridiculous. You're pretty much hell-bent on picking players off of those butterflies or lackthereof in your stomach so good luck with that!

Yeah, well Ive heard fans say 'I have a feeling we'll lose this game' even though we were a better team than our opponent. There goes that theory of yours.

I didn't say DONT TAKE him and I didn't say TAKE HIM. I'll leave that up to the GM and coaches.

But I am entitled to feel a certain why about players. And nor did I say just select guys off of feelings. Lots of things go into drafting a player.

P.S. I've heard GM and Coaches say "we have a pretty good feeling about this player." That is why you interview potential players, to get to know them a bit and get a FEEL for them. That is where an 'eye for talent' comes into play. Some people have it, and others don't.

shellgh0st said:
Yeah, well Ive heard fans say 'I have a feeling we'll lose this game' even though we were a better team than our opponent. There goes that theory of yours.

No infact it reinforces it. That's simply a contrapostive and still implies the fan is going off nothing but feelings, although in this case it would be an overtly negative fan or dare I say a paranoid fan(one who most likely believes in curses :lol: ).

I didn't say DONT TAKE him and I didn't say TAKE HIM. I'll leave that up to the GM and coaches.

But I am entitled to feel a certain why about players. And nor did I say just select guys off of feelings. Lots of things go into drafting a player.

P.S. I've heard GM and Coaches say "we have a pretty good feeling about this player." That is why you interview potential players, to get to know them a bit and get a FEEL for them. That is where an 'eye for talent' comes into play. Some people have it, and others don't.

I knew you were going to use that in defense of your statement. However, it does not apply in your situation. Those respective coaches and personnel have actually interacted with the player. Have you? Those coaches and personnel are speaking of the intangibles that cannot be measured by performance and statistics that they were able to gauge thru conversation, a battery of personality tests, and 1-on-1's .............

enigmatics said:
I knew you were going to use that in defense of your statement. However, it does not apply in your situation. Those respective coaches and personnel have actually interacted with the player. Have you? Those coaches and personnel are speaking of the intangibles that cannot be measured by performance and statistics that they were able to gauge thru conversation, a battery of personality tests, and 1-on-1's .............

When will you get it, I don't need a defense for my OPINION because I clearly stated it was within the context of a FEELING and didn't give my FEELING, the ULTIMATE POWER above all else.

Do you get it yet? Can you comprehend it now?

enigmatics said:
No infact it reinforces it. That's simply a contrapostive and still implies the fan is going off nothing but feelings, although in this case it would be an overtly negative fan or dare I say a paranoid fan(one who most likely believes in curses :lol: ).

Umm, no, my point was fans post about 'hunches and feelings' about whether we will win or lose. Or whether a player will have a big game or not, based off nothing more then a gut feeling.

Which is what I stated. And never did I state my feeling was the end all be all.

Its merely what I said it is, a feeling that he is a product of a great coach and system. Doesn't mean I am right or wrong.

P.S. What you are basically saying is, people shouldn't post based on having a hunch or gut feeling and I disagree with that. If you don't like the CONTEXT of my post, you can ignore it. No need to reply, because I will stay within the CONTEXT of what I said as to not be misrepresented.

shellgh0st said:
When will you get it, I don't need a defense for my OPINION because I clearly stated it was within the context of a FEELING and didn't give my FEELING, the ULTIMATE POWER above all else.

Do you get it yet? Can you comprehend it now?

Oh I get it........yet it's still a poor excuse for not considering him Dolphin material.

enigmatics said:
Oh I get it........yet it's still a poor excuse for not considering him Dolphin material.

LOL, when did I say he wasn't dolphin material?

More of you reading INTO my post and NOT READING my post.

Show me where I stated he will be a bust. Show me where I stated I was against him being here?

I didn't. I was giving an opinion that something about him concerned me, and that something I felt was him being a product of a system and great coach.

That doesn't mean he will or won't be successful. He could very well have great talent and goes to a bad team and they ruin him. Or he could have average talent and goes to a really good team and does great.

My final opinion on him has not yet been formed. But thanks for trying to MISREPRESENT what I said.

shellgh0st said:
Umm, no, my point was fans post about 'hunches and feelings' about whether we will win or lose. Or whether a player will have a big game or not, based off nothing more then a gut feeling.

Which is what I stated. And never did I state my feeling was the end all be all.

Its merely what I said it is, a feeling that he is a product of a great coach and system. Doesn't mean I am right or wrong.

P.S. What you are basically saying is, people shouldn't post based on having a hunch or gut feeling and I disagree with that. If you don't like the CONTEXT of my post, you can ignore it. No need to reply, because I will stay within the CONTEXT of what I said as to not be misrepresented.

........and hunches and feelings are either selfishy validated or negated based off the result, they have absolutely no impact on that result and are by no means a valid indicator of how the game would turn out.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post. Not at all. I'm saying the message of your post has no relevance to Quinn's worth to this team or whether he was just a product of Weiss's system. I'm allowed to say it, just as you were allowed to express this feelings junk.

enigmatics said:
........and hunches and feelings are either selfishy validated or negated based off the result, they have absolutely no impact on that result and are by no means a valid indicator of how the game would turn out.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post. Not at all. I'm saying the message of your post has no relevance to Quinn's worth to this team or whether he was just a product of Weiss's system. I'm allowed to say it, just as you were allowed to express this feelings junk.

You are also allowed to read my post clearly and stay within the context of my post. As to not misrepresent what I said. You think you could manage that sometime?

Personally, I value my gut feelings and hunches more than your entire intellect, ya RB hata.

Back
Top Bottom