Brian Hartline leading NFL in receiving yards (455) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Hartline leading NFL in receiving yards (455)

We don't, we all get that, but to downplay what Hartline and Bess have done because there not #1s is comical. It shouldn't matter what number they are, if the perform they perform.

Nobody is downplaying Bess or Hartline. They are our only good WRs.

Not disagreeing with you. Just disagreeing with the terminology. I don't see Hartline as a WR we build around; I see him as a good contributor for us. A #1 is a franchise player.

A big #1 WR that requires double coverage and doesn't drop passes at an alarming rate. Cause we had the big #1 WR that required double coverage (somewhat) with Brandon Marshall and that didn't work out so well.

That doesn't mean every #1 WR is going to drop passes. I think we need a red zone target more than anything, which Hartline isn't. Someone like Bowe would do wonders for this offense.

No WR IMO is a franchise player. Never will be, I will never want Miami to pay a WR what Fitz and Megatron just got, stupid amount of money.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

That doesn't mean every #1 WR is going to drop passes. I think we need a red zone target more than anything, which Hartline isn't. Someone like Bowe would do wonders for this offense.

That's the guy I want tbh. Bowe, Hartline, Bess.

A big #1 WR that requires double coverage and doesn't drop passes at an alarming rate. Cause we had the big #1 WR that required double coverage (somewhat) with Brandon Marshall and that didn't work out so well.

If you have two more of Bess and Hartline they cant double anyone. get it? single coverage....everyone get open.

4 games into the season lol
that's four games with nelson having rogers throwing to him. Not sure what your issue is, but you should be encouraged that the Tannehill to hartline connection is really starting to click. It's great that hartline is real threat, and that tannehill isn't just dumping the ball off to some TE or Runningback because he's too scared to throw a pass downfield.

whatevers man, you obviously would rather **** all over hartline than consider him a good player.

[Brian Hartline caught 12 balls for 254 yards and a touchdown
as the Dolphins lost to the Cardinals in OT in Week 4, 24-21.

The Ryan Tannehill-Hartline connection again got red hot,
which has now occurred twice in the past three weeks. Tannehill is willing to
throw to Hartline even when he's covered -- terrific news for Miami's new
clear-cut No. 1 receiver. Hartline's signature play in this game was an 80-yard
fourth-quarter touchdown catch, where he got wide open on an obviously badly
blown coverage. Hartline is now on pace for an unsustainable 100 receptions,
1,820 yards, and four touchdowns. The incongruence in those numbers is obvious,
but Hartline is settling in as an every-week fantasy WR3. Sep
30 - 7:35 PM

Nobody is downplaying Bess or Hartline. They are our only good WRs.

Not disagreeing with you. Just disagreeing with the terminology. I don't see Hartline as a WR we build around; I see him as a good contributor for us. A #1 is a franchise player.
Although that's probably the case you can't say it's not possible. Look at his QBs in he past and brandon marshall was always getting most of the touches now brian hartline has a chance to shine and is leading the league in passing yards with a rookie QB. Me=Happy

No WR IMO is a franchise player. Never will be, I will never want Miami to pay a WR what Fitz and Megatron just got, stupid amount of money.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

bowe yes. he was just killing it out there today.

He will cost money though, but #1- Bowe, #2- Hartline, and #3- Bess would be great. That's what I'm trying to say.

Enough with the depth talk. Point is, play makers win games and you do anything to get them, even if it requires spending money. That doesn't mean you get people with attitude problems or break the bank for injury prone players. You can also draft them, but that usually requires a top 10 pick in the draft for the big ones.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Although that's probably the case you can't say it's not possible. Look at his QBs in he past and brandon marshall was always getting most of the touches now brian hartline has a chance to shine and is leading the league in passing yards with a rookie QB. Me=Happy

Let's see how the season goes before we can say that. I'll give him that. If he puts up like 1200 yards then sure.

Are you or have you ever bashed Tannehill so far this season for his lack of TDs and/or his abundance of INTs?
Bashed tannehill for what? just because i said hartline is not a legit #1 Wr lmao. Tannehill played great our running game didnt helped us but tannehill made some nice plays and with our lack of Wrs we have and having Mr. Nannee starting he is doing amazing tbh. Sometimes i think how does tannehill make these throws most of them are in tight windows. Im a tannehill supporter and he is the future for this team but like i said it would be nice to have a #1 Wr threat to make our offensive that better.

Judging by some of these posts, if the Dolphins were good people would really be arrogant. I mean it's one thing to be positive, but wow...

I like Hartline and he's a good WR, but just because he leads the league in yards doesn't make him a #1 WR. He's just a #1 because our WR core sucks. He better ****ing be one for us.

A #1 to me is like Megatron and Fitzgerald. Hartline is a very good #2 IMO.

So the cardinals and lions have a #1 WR and 30 teams don't? I think the whole #1 thing is overblown, I'd rather have 2 or 3 guys with similar stats. However, In Regards to Hartline, I love the argument that he can't best top CB's. Well how many top CB's are there really? Hartline will see many more William Gays than he will top CB's and will have much more success this year.

Bowe will get what we gave BMarsh.

Not Killer, but not Fitz money.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Bashed tannehill for what? just because i said hartline is not a legit #1 Wr lmao. Tannehill played great our running game didnt helped us but tannehill made some nice plays and with our lack of Wrs we have and having Mr. Nannee starting he is doing amazing tbh. Sometimes i think how does tannehill make these throws most of them are in tight windows. Im a tannehill supporter and he is the future for this team but like i said it would be nice to have a #1 Wr threat to make our offensive that better.

I was just wondering, I don't want you to bash Tanny 4 games in, but won't give Hartline credit 4 games in.

I'll be watching for that double standard.

that's four games with nelson having rogers throwing to him. Not sure what your issue is, but you should be encouraged that the Tannehill to hartline connection is really starting to click. It's great that hartline is real threat, and that tannehill isn't just dumping the ball off to some TE or Runningback because he's too scared to throw a pass downfield.

whatevers man, you obviously would rather **** all over hartline than consider him a good player.
...Im not even bashing him just because he is not a #1 Wr doesnt mean he sucks lol

Back
Top Bottom