DB coach Lou Anarumo has been let go | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DB coach Lou Anarumo has been let go

Gase is getting the staff he originally wanted. Complain all you want but you either want change or the same all over.

Burke is not going anywhere so let's upgrade the position coaches.
I hope you are right about Gase getting the staff he originally wanted.

On the surface, I have mixed feelings, because we saw solid development from McCain, Lippett, Howard, Tankersley, Maxwell and Isa Abdul-Quddus. Much of our 2016 problems stemmed from poor DB scheme used to neutralize horrid LB play. Then we promoted the LB coach to DC, somewhat upgraded the LB corps, and the young dogs started to improve. While he wasn't a great coach, I definitely saw value and improvement in his time here.

But, being a holdover position coach in a season when the new Head Coach needs to fire people ... it is not surprising to see him go. The question I have, and which you are alluding to andyahs, is who are we adding to coach the DB's?

Saw more development from young LBs than I have seen in some time with Frank Bush.

People may want him gone because of Kiko and Timmons, I want him to stay because of McMillan and whoever we draft in 2018.

Think he sticks. Lou gone is a surprise but that seems to have been brewing. That is not Gase's guy. The DL coach was the main guy who needed to go.

I give Burke another year as well.

Kdawg you've seen my scoops so you know I've got good info so I'll put this here for the main board.

There was a lot of disagreement on the defensive staff Matt Burke had a vision to do what he learned under Jim Schwartz. Frank Bush (who like Schwartz and and Burke worked under Jeff Fisher) was on that page. Lou was not. That is why you saw a lot of breakdowns. Gase respects Lou, but this was more of getting everybody on the same page

Williams (the DL coach) was more of a matter of time firing. Team was not impressed with his work

Shhhite, so we may be keeping Frank Bush? Hells, no.

Ok, we can now get all the Lions defensive coaches and players we could want.

Sign me up for Kocurek and Ziggy. I don't know if I would keep Wake when Ziggy is available and could even have a lower cap hit this year on a long term contract.

Ziggy is a three down DE who can keep contain and set the edge.

Last edited:
Frank Bush is the Dolphins Assistant Head Coach in addition to being Linebackers Coach.

He actually has a really vast coaching resume - see below

Frank Bush is the Dolphins Assistant Head Coach in addition to being Linebackers Coach.

He actually has a really vast coaching resume - see below

Ok. We really did give him nothing to work with so I guess he gets a pass. You convinced me.

This may be a dumb question but between Matt Burke and Frank Bush, who has greater authority?
While Bush as Linebackers Coach reports to Defensive Coordinator, Burke. However, Bush is also Assistant Head Coach and has over 30 years NFL coaching experience, presumably reports directly to Coach Gase. In contrast, Burke was a rookie Defensive Coordinator. Organization structure seems a bit confusing to me. Burke should control the Defense because he is the Defensive Coordinator. Is Bush's Assistant Head Coach title, just a title to try give him more status, but doesn't really mean much?

This may be a dumb question but between Matt Burke and Frank Bush, who has greater authority?
While Bush as Linebackers Coach reports to Defensive Coordinator, Burke. However, Bush is also Assistant Head Coach and has over 30 years NFL coaching experience, presumably reports directly to Coach Gase. In contrast, Burke was a rookie Defensive Coordinator. Organization structure seems a bit confusing to me. Burke should control the Defense because he is the Defensive Coordinator. Is Bush's Assistant Head Coach title, just a title to try give him more status, but doesn't really mean much?

Bush works for Burke. Bush isnt even our only assistsnt HC, its just an empty title that probably comes with a higher salary than a normal position coach

Back
Top Bottom