DB coach Lou Anarumo has been let go | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DB coach Lou Anarumo has been let go

Garbage thrown out but more garbage will be dragged back in.
Is that a new phrase from you? I don't remember you using it before...SMDH. Do you actually read what others write? You know, actual information about these coaches? It is not too difficult. There are actually posts above yours that give out facts...and pretty impressive ones at that. Or are facts not really important to you and you would rather just complain?

Is that a new phrase from you? I don't remember you using it before...SMDH. Do you actually read what others write? You know, actual information about these coaches? It is not too difficult. There are actually posts above yours that give out facts...and pretty impressive ones at that. Or are facts not really important to you and you would rather just complain?
If this forum was here during Shula's days he would be a constant complainer. Just unreal.

Man, I haven't seen a Dolphins HC been this aggressive at making changes for quite a while, love him or hate him Gase is putting his stamp on this team. I can only imagine that after he is finish with all the coaching changes he will turn his attention to the players, if I was a player now would be a good time to be concern.

He knows he’s on the hot seat this year. Can’t keep the status quo going 6-10. I hope he continues to shake things up with the players too.

Fine by me the more I think about it.

To many coverage breakdowns in the back end for a team to be successful. With a better pass rush (explains the DL coach getting fired) the unit will improve based on that alone.

Get a coach that has developed pro bowl DBs, Miami has 2 corners that have that potential.

Fine by me the more I think about it.

To many coverage breakdowns in the back end for a team to be successful. With a better pass rush (explains the DL coach getting fired) the unit will improve based on that alone.

Get a coach that has developed pro bowl DBs, Miami has 2 corners that have that potential.
for me it's not even coverage breakdowns. how the hell do we have so many scenarios where someone in the secondary plays zone when everyone else was playing man. That is 100% on that position coach and it happened way to much.

Also, we have 3 corners with potential. My personal favorite, Lippett, missed the year.

[QUOTE="J.
With that said, communication issues in the secondary have persisted since Anarumo has been here, so it hasn't been all roses. If you want specific examples of that, see Cordrea Tankersley this season. The guy would do stuff like play zone coverage when the rest of the defense was in man, or vice versa. That's a problem.[/QUOTE]
This made me laugh! It's funny… But then it's not!

for me it's not even coverage breakdowns. how the hell do we have so many scenarios where someone in the secondary plays zone when everyone else was playing man. That is 100% on that position coach and it happened way to much.

Also, we have 3 corners with potential. My personal favorite, Lippett, missed the year.

I forget about Lippett. So yes that makes 3.

He went to the playoffs last year but let's forget that.

His first season won him the right to stay longer than Philbin did. As far as the the staff changes on defense. There's been some talk of Gase wanting to switch to a 34 defense and wanting to play press coverage. So if true these changes could have to do with those two things more than anything else.

No way we're switching to a 3-4. Not this season at the very least.

Switching to the 3/4 defense makes sense if your planing on using both Kiko and McMillan as your MLB’s? Perhaps Charles Harris now becomes your rush LB? I think there is some bite to the rumor.

Making the switch wouldn't be as hard as it seems but you could run the 4-3 under which has very similar personnel as the 3-4. Suh could play 3-tech in that but he could also play 3-4 DE. He has shown the ability to play just about anywhere on the line. He has also lined up as a 4-3 DE before.

I would think if we were making a scheme change burke would have been pinked

and I don't like Charles harris in a 34 either in terms of ideal fit

Back
Top Bottom