Dolphins leaning toward Jake Long? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins leaning toward Jake Long?

That's why he's where he is and your where you are. He has to know something about the players otherwise he wouldn't be one of the NFL networks top analysts.

Yea...and what was he before he kissed the NFL's A$$?

No one heard of Mayock.

That's why he's where he is and your where you are. He has to know something about the players otherwise he wouldn't be one of the NFL networks top analysts.
So Marshall Fialk(sp?) and Ron Woodson are expert analysts also? :sidelol: Great players, but....

More than one NFL head coach has stated that Jake Long will be an "excellent left tackle in the NFL".

Mayock is a buffoon who has no in league experience in building a team. And no hands on experience whatsoever. So using him as a criteria to judge players is a fruitless exercise.

I have watched NFL and NHL drafts for ages.. The amount of BS you hear from tv analysts every year is mind boggling.. BTW, what happened to all those TV analysts saying Ted Ginn's hands are not good? And that his route running is bad saying Ginn will be a #3 receiver in the NFL? hmmmmm... There's just too many instances to mention....

Did you all of a sudden forget how many mindblowing mistakes these puppet analysts have made?

Keep listening to TV analysts such as Mayock and you can keep misjudging players... Have fun.

Well, it will be for another club, and not Miami.

You may be right but we will regret that. C.Long will be a really good pickup I don't doubt for one second. But this idea of building the line with end of the role OT's is a joke, people state look at this guy or that guy assume that will happen to us. We'll be the ones who get the best olineman to fall in our laps, ya I don't like those odds. This is the same idea JJ had about the RB situation. The easiest position in football to stick anyone in and be successfull and we couldn't do it. Now take one of the most difficult positions and you want to do the same thing. That sounds like our QB situation since Dan retired. So for almost 10 years we were looking for a RB and couldn't then for almost 10 more years we've been looking for a QB and now you want the same for LT.
Don't tell me this regime is or was better at talent scouting than JJ let alone The Don.
J.Long saves us money long term, when our line is as dominant as it will be after drafting J.Long we will be able to let Ronnie go as a FA if he decides to ask for a S.Alexander contract. Especially when RB has not finished a complete year for us. We will be able to put in almost any back to do a solid job there ala Denver Broncos. Everyone knows that LJohnson, EJames, SAlexander type contract of a RB at the top of his prime is a suicide cap contract. A good oline will always need that high end RB to make everything work.
When people say look at BP past draft record he always goes defense and takes oline later, their telling a half truth. BP always traded down to gather extra picks 1st over selecting anybody. When selecting in the mid 1st round there's no reason to select a Oline because there's never a frachise LT available then, so naturally it makes sense to wait. If he could not have traded down when Pace was available do you honestly think he would have passed him up.
He has always been able to select RB's later in the draft after getting the oline where it needs to be and that includes spending big money in the offseason to solidify the oline.

i have one question for all u that say jake is a RT and has no place at the top of the draft, where do u come of saying that and what so u no that every team in the top five doesn", because that is where is he is going to go regardless. and the robert gallery comparisons dont mean a thing, if the knock on every qb taken 1 was that they MIGHT turn into ryan leaf then there would never be any qbs taken. there is no such thing as a bust, only players that are put into a bad position by there team, like playing them against there strenghts, like what so many teams try to do today

College football doesn't really have too much to do with what happens in the pros. It is how the prospect projects to the next level as to where he is taken. Jake Long is a right tackle, pure and simple. He will be a great right tackle, probably the best drafted in some years, but you don't take right tackles at the top of the draft.

Basically, Long just doesn't have the feet to play at LT - he is super strong with great height and with long arms, but is as nimble as a statue. If Michael Oher had of come out this year he would project far better as a LT compared to Long. In passing situations the LT has to display great finesse and that requires the dancing feet of a Fred Astaire. It is an extremely rare skill set that has this in the package of someone who is 6 foot 7 and as strong as an ox. Someone like Oher has it, but Jake Long does not.

Basically Long's measurables are fantastic, except in one area - his speed. He won't go number one for that reason.

If you look at Long's combine number they are better in the agility drills than Joe Thomas. I guess he's a only a right tackle also!

So all you J long lovers think it's good to draft an OL with THE # 1 pick in the draft? I know we need to shore up the line but there are some good OL in the draft this year that will probably be available at #32. That's if we don't trade that pick away to Dallas so they can take DMac. I'm just saying IMO I don't think it's a good pick. As for Mayock I think I'd rather have his paycheck than any of yours:wink:.

So all you J long lovers think it's good to draft an OL with THE # 1 pick in the draft? I know we need to shore up the line but there are some good OL in the draft this year that will probably be available at #32. That's if we don't trade that pick away to Dallas so they can take DMac. I'm just saying IMO I don't think it's a good pick. As for Mayock I think I'd rather have his paycheck than any of yours:wink:.

who do u think we should take as our first pick then? i no u didnt just shoot down the idea of taking a oline man for an OLB. and if its qb then u got another thing coming because joey harrington, i mean matt ryan ( for some reason i keep confusing the 2) isnt number 1 let alone top 10 material. and i will go on record for saying we will never 99.9999% not trade the pick and we will 100% not trade it to dallas

Antoher well thought out comment.

Mike Mayok also believes Matt Ryan should be the #1 pick with a bullet and Sedrick Ellis was better then Glen Dorsey...

Why is he the only one who thinks that?

Jake Long? According to my sources (the sporting news) Jake Long will be available at the 32nd pick why would you take him No.1 if he is going to fall that far.
The big guy Ryan Clady from Boise State is rated now as the top Tackle in the draft.

Jake Long has been projected at right tackle. If we take a right tackle with the top pick we will be the laughing stock of the NFL>

Wait... Jason Taylor is prancing around in balerina tights and a g-string.

WE ARE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NFL!

WITH THE FIRST PICK THE MIAMI DOLPHINS SELECT RYAN CLADY RT BOISE STATE

actually,the Raiders are the laughing stock of the NFL....

they gave more than $50M to a DT that barely played.....

they were held out against their Number 1 Pick Overall,who only played in 4 games and started 1....

they spent over $160+M this offseason on 3 players(not to mention Javon Walker,and they have the 4th pick in the draft).....

they have 3 starting material CBs,and said their going to keep all of them(mayjor money wasted)

etc.,etc.,etc......i can go on for days....but bottom line,the 1-15 thing is over,I havent heard anyone talkin about that since the playoffs,the Jason Taylor,dancin with the Stars thing,is way overblown,at least by you.And you can say what you want about a player,but dont judge to the point that its rediculous.Jake Long's feet are way underrated.I think you've seen him LOOK like their slow,but you dont actually see how fast he is going because he is so big,that its really hard to tell.Anyways,Jake Long is as good as the left,as he is on the right,IMO.He has equal experience on both sides,and we have Maser,Henning and not to mention Sparano with O-Line knowledge,so Im confident that if we do indeed draft Jake Long,its not to be a RT,and just for your information professional mock drafts such as Mel Kiper Jr.,Todd McShay,Mike Mayock,etc. have Jake Long as a LT,and seeing how your not on T.V. giving your mock nationally,I find it actually amusing that you can tell one thing,that a PROFESSIONAL hasn't....:up:

Based on all our off season moves Jake Long is the logical choice. They shored of the DL, so a DE is not a high need. And they appear to want to give Beck a chance. All the comments are pointing to taking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd in the event Beck isn't our future.

Remember the FO said the BEST PLAYER THAT WILL HELP THE MIAMI DOLPHINS. Not just the BPA.

who do u think we should take as our first pick then? i no u didnt just shoot down the idea of taking a oline man for an OLB. and if its qb then u got another thing coming because joey harrington, i mean matt ryan ( for some reason i keep confusing the 2) isnt number 1 let alone top 10 material. and i will go on record for saying we will never 99.9999% not trade the pick and we will 100% not trade it to dallas
Chris Long Baby!!!

College football doesn't really have too much to do with what happens in the pros. It is how the prospect projects to the next level as to where he is taken. Jake Long is a right tackle, pure and simple. He will be a great right tackle, probably the best drafted in some years, but you don't take right tackles at the top of the draft.

Basically, Long just doesn't have the feet to play at LT - he is super strong with great height and with long arms, but is as nimble as a statue. If Michael Oher had of come out this year he would project far better as a LT compared to Long. In passing situations the LT has to display great finesse and that requires the dancing feet of a Fred Astaire. It is an extremely rare skill set that has this in the package of someone who is 6 foot 7 and as strong as an ox. Someone like Oher has it, but Jake Long does not.

Basically Long's measurables are fantastic, except in one area - his speed. He won't go number one for that reason.

I disagree with you that Jake Long doesn't have what it takes, and production in college absolutely matters. Jake Long has all of the tools to be a good LT in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom