Dolphins Will Be Better off Without CB Richard Marshall | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Will Be Better off Without CB Richard Marshall

The only thing I will say is, go back and look at Davis' tape. In regards to tackling, we are looking at Sean Smith II. I do not want some that is not willing to stick his body in there and wrap up. The only corner that could get away with that is Deion Sanders and the last time I looked, he ain't Deion.

He is going to learn fast how to tackle or he will be considered one mark against him. Tackling is an attitude. Not good for scrawny guys.

Like CK says, if he just intercepts and actually catches the ball, no one will care if he cant tackle. That will be the front 7's job with Jones/Clemmons.

Besides, as years go on, they build up their bodies and get braver. They get paid now. If they want to get paid more, they work.

Marshall's biggest downfall was his bad back. Once that happened, he couldn't prove himself to people. He was kept for insurance and to compete with Patterson with money not being tight. Nolan Carroll is even more insurance. They don't like playing rookies a whole lot first year.

My thoughts were always Paterson was going to be the guy should one of the two be cut. Patterson is quicker/faster. I could care less about his ego. If he plays well, he sticks. Next year, different story but if the guy ends up with 3-6 Int's, I cant imagine he wont be resigned by Ireland who always liked him and that's why he took on his salary.

Patterson is under contract for $4.6M this year, and $5.4M next year. Lot's of dollars and not munch sense here.

This was ALMOST addition by subtraction. The only reason it is JUST short of that is because we have two unproven rookies (one who has missed the majority of camp) who will likely (no, definitely) be taking a nickle spot.

Good read, glad he is gone. Frees up money plus with Davis, Taylor, and Grimes, there is no room for him. $25 says he is a Jet by the weekend.

Think of the $10 million in saved obligations for 2014 as money that could be paid to Brent Grimes in order to keep him here.

Think of the $10 million in saved obligations for 2014 as money that could be paid to Brent Grimes in order to keep him here.

Marshall was only $4.5, and a FA next year. Patterson is the $10M hit for 2 years.

Im confused... some of you thought Marshall was going to help us win games this year?

will davis is a poor tackler there's no doubt about that but i think personally his issue lies in lack of strength more than anything...i mean he's never gonna be vontae davis in run support or a known sure tackler/hitter but if he gets stronger and can use his hands more to hide his lack of speed his ball skills and awareness may make up for it enough...

right now though the issue is the kid lacks at just about everything but ball skills and awareness...a year in the offseason program and more reps and we may have a solid player...right now i think we got a target to go after as much as possible

He is going to learn fast how to tackle or he will be considered one mark against him. Tackling is an attitude. Not good for scrawny guys.

Like CK says, if he just intercepts and actually catches the ball, no one will care if he cant tackle. That will be the front 7's job with Jones/Clemmons.

Besides, as years go on, they build up their bodies and get braver. They get paid now. If they want to get paid more, they work.
You would have thought Smith would have learned but he never did. You can teach all you want, but if a guy shies away from contact; all the teaching in the world will not help.

Back
Top Bottom