Explain the "Jump" Tannehill made in 2016 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Explain the "Jump" Tannehill made in 2016

Isn't also possible that the other examples you listed earlier of a QB (Wentz, Luck, Garrapalo, etc) making a difference is because the other QB sucked? At least try to be consistent in your logic.
garrapalo took a team looked like the 2nd worst team in the nfl behind the browns, and now they look like one of the scarier teams in the league. next year will be a big test for him a well, because while the expectations wont be superbowl or bust for them next year, they will be expected to compete for a playoff spot next year, so it will be interesting to see how he looks when there is some pressure. nevertheless, as of now, he looks like a stud.

luck, u always mention tannehill has a terrible o line and this is why he hasnt reached his full potential, etc, but lucks o line has been worse, and contrary to what people say how luck plays in a cupcake division, the colts with him behind center have dominated there divison. our division outside of the pats has been bad since tannehill has gotten here, yet we dont beat up on the lesser teams like luck does in his ''cupcake'' division. Also, chuck pagano isnt exactly vince lombardi, he hasnt had great coaching yet hes won double digit games on a terrible team several times.

as for wentz, wentz in his 2nd year was a legit mvp candidate before his injury, and will still prob finish top 3 in the voting.

a very good qb can cover up lots of holes that are really on a team, because that is how important the position is. Not that anyone needed this to happen to know this, but aaron rodgers is awesome because hes awesome, not because he has stud wrs, or great run game, or great o line, because with those same players there since aaron went down, the offense has looked like dog ****.

Tannehill has enough talent surrounding him now, especially if we bring back landry, where next year there should be zero excuses. if he is truly top notch, prove it. make it so the whole league takes notice, not where just several dolphin fans see it as that.

Unfortunately for you the GM and coach agrees with a lot of posters on this.
well, im assuming we all want to win consistently as dolphin fans, so the unfortunate part is that your most likely right, and we will do nothing to try and upgrade the position, and we will be talking about the same stuff dolphin fans have been discussing since marino left at this time next year, which is the draft, not the playoffs.

so i stand corrected, he did have 2 turnovers. he had 1 int, and 1 lost fumble. he also fumbled 2 other times, but fortunately recovered. this all not even through 3 full quarters.

look, if you are happy watching tannehill week in and week out, good for you, but i want a difference maker in here. so far in his career, tannehill has not been that.

you can tell when a team hits it big with a qb. Just look at the texans offense this year when watson took over, and what happened when he left.

look at the 49ers. Since harbaugh left, that team had been a disaster.This year they start off 1-10, and what a freaking coincidence, once they got a qb in jimmy g, that team that seemed like it was years away from being competent again, all the sudden looks like a totally different team. They didnt get any new o lineman, or wrs, or tightends, or new coaches since the 1-10 start, what they got a was a difference maker at qb, and it is clearly showing.

i want that type of qb, not a guy who at best your winning no more than 10 games tops in a season with, assuming everything is perfect.
You've been corrected several times throughout this thread, you just choose to ignore it and come back with more hyper boil.

I’m not saying replace Tannehill. But I would keep my eyes open if an upgrade becomes available. But just suggesting drafting a QB for a healthy competition pisses people off. Then you have to hear how QB is the least of Miami’s problems blah blah.

Yeah sure you aren’t. This is the same poster that started a sig last year with a game “count down of the Ryan Tannehill error”.

until the franchise accepts tannehill is nothing more than mediocre, this team wont be winning anything significant anytime soon..

That's an opinion. Your arm chair GM'ing includes constantly using day 1 draft picks, and probably spending other pick to trade up in order to get your guy, to pick a 'hasn't played a day in the NFL, but never the less guaranteed to be better than Tannehill' QB -- almost assuredly for several years running until we actually get one who really IS better. And that's also ignoring how many coaches and GM's we'll kill while we're waiting on the right kid to land here. After all, we all know how easy it is to spot that franchise QB who has all the skills, his head together, and never gets injured.....

The good news for you is your plan is eminently executable.... in Madden. Have fun.

well, im assuming we all want to win consistently as dolphin fans, so the unfortunate part is that your most likely right, and we will do nothing to try and upgrade the position, and we will be talking about the same stuff dolphin fans have been discussing since marino left at this time next year, which is the draft, not the playoffs.
Of course we all want the same thing, but we have different views of getting there. I grew up in the Dan Marino era, I saw great quarterback with a shitty surrounding cast. So I don't believe having a great quarterback ends all our troubles. We have a quarterback that's a little bit above average ,what's wrong with surrounding him with talent on defense and offense.

Last edited:
Just admit that what Tannehill did last season behind a bottom 3 OL was a remarkable outlier and an optimistic precursor for what he's capable of if healthy going forward....and beyond that we can agree to disagree. And if you have such a hard on over Tannehill being our QB going forward, you can hope Gase agrees with you and if not, cash in your retirement accounts and make Ross an offer he can't refuse.

Again, as my original matrix pointed out, it's not impossible to make the play without something or other like Running game, OL, defense being in the top 10, but it's damn difficult.

If outlier seasons were a good precursor for things to come Derek Anderson might still be in the league along with, Joey Porter would have had a couple more seasons where he even comes close to his 17.5 sack 2008 season, Dan Marino would have had a couple more super bowl appearances, and a host of other players might have had a better career.

Unfortunately thats an incomplete season for him, we didn't get to see the finished product. Maybe he bombs the next 3 games, maybe he throws 2tds and 3 int or 9 tds and 1 int...we'll never know. Given how consistency has been one of his biggest issues neither would surprise me.

If outlier seasons were a good precursor for things to come Derek Anderson might still be in the league along with, Joey Porter would have had a couple more seasons where he even comes close to his 17.5 sack 2008 season, Dan Marino would have had a couple more super bowl appearances, and a host of other players might have had a better career.

Unfortunately thats an incomplete season for him, we didn't get to see the finished product. Maybe he bombs the next 3 games, maybe he throws 2tds and 3 int or 9 tds and 1 int...we'll never know. Given how consistency has been one of his biggest issues neither would surprise me.
I'm sorry but his inconsistency issues have been mostly coaching. But if you're a Philbin supporter you won't see that.

Yeah sure you aren’t. This is the same poster that started a sig last year with a game “count down of the Ryan Tannehill error”.
Lol that clearly hit a spot with you. And I’m not saying replace him...yet. If Miami can do better than yeah replace him.

That's an opinion. Your arm chair GM'ing includes constantly using day 1 draft picks, and probably spending other pick to trade up in order to get your guy, to pick a 'hasn't played a day in the NFL, but never the less guaranteed to be better than Tannehill' QB -- almost assuredly for several years running until we actually get one who really IS better. And that's also ignoring how many coaches and GM's we'll kill while we're waiting on the right kid to land here. After all, we all know how easy it is to spot that franchise QB who has all the skills, his head together, and never gets injured.....

The good news for you is your plan is eminently executable.... in Madden. Have fun.
yup, imagine if the eagles and texans had the same mindset as you do, who knows where they'd be now. fortunately, they took a risk in trading up, and while its early, there gambles sure look like it paid off.

I'm sorry but his inconsistency issues have been mostly coaching. But if you're a Philbin supporter you won't see that.

I an neither a Philbin nor a Tannehill supporter or anti Tanne or whoever, I am only a Dolphin supporter. I want this team to be a Super Bowl contender and i simply don't believe Tannehill will ever win us a Super Bowl unless we have a great defense/run game/o-line. But if we need all that for Tanny to win than we don't need Tanny to win.

he is the same poster who 3 years ago called ryan tannehill '' a young tom brady with legs''

It was more than 3 but yep and you guys still can’t wrap your head around where it comes from.

Despite the skill sets being very similar. Hell offense qb asks under gase being very similar too

Point taken .. we really don't know whether Tannehill would have continued to ball but if forced to bet the farm, I think most of us would have seen him clearly into the playoffs.

And as far as the other anomaly you referenced Andrew Luck seasons '12-'14, winning 11 games in each with a poorly ranked (but less than Fins-awful OL), considering in those 3 years, his divisional opponents, Jax, Houston and TN went 58-101 (.365), we really don't know that he'd have made the playoffs in any of those years if playing in another division either .

Back
Top Bottom