Explain the "Jump" Tannehill made in 2016 | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Explain the "Jump" Tannehill made in 2016

I love the strength of your convictions. You can't have it both ways -- either it doesn't matter that it's "early" or gambles haven't yet paid off. You can't have both in a single coherent statement.
im not backing off anything, watson looks like a stud and assuming he makes a full recovery, which he is fully expected to do so, he will be a stud in this league. same with wentz, both guys have the goods.

Same thing we were saying about Moore... "look at the spark he brings to the team".

Nope Matt Moore took over a team that was 8-5 and went 2-1, that's not NEARLY the same as going to a team that was 1-10 and going 4-0. While also dropping 44 on one of the best defenses in the NFL this year.

No sir you just finished saying how Tannehill under center for the Colts with a better OL, Wayne, hilton and avery would replicate Lucks success. I showed you how Luck not only had a worse OL, but defense, and run game. So basically you're insinuating that a good WR corps is more vital to winning than a good OL, Defense, and run game.

So what your saying is that 5 year veteran Ryan Tannehill is finally as good as rookie Andrew Luck? You do realize Hilton was a rookie so nope not a pro bowler yet. Coby Fleener had a whopping 26 catches for 281 yards but nice try. Journeyman Avery the same one who's been on 4 teams in 4 years and had a mediocre at best 6 year career?

Now were bring up draft stock? I mean i guess somebody should have told Marino not to have a better rookie year and career than Elway since Elway was a better prospect. Tony Mandarich was supposed to be the best LT prospect ever. Big Ben had a significantly better rookie year than Eli Manning, didn't he know Manning was the better prospect and 1st overall pick? Cam Newton only had 1 year as a starter no, Carson Wentz had MVP talks this year and he thew less passes in college than Tanne. Heck Joe Flacco who had 7 more college starts than Tanne.
Ok, good job, point taken: coming in with basically the same garbage to work with, 13 games in the spread offense coached by Mike friggin Sherman possibly could not replicate 38 game in a pro defense coached by Harbaugh and Shaw. Ok, so what?

That's NOT the Tannehill we now have - or at least the one putting up scoreboard numbers and elite 8 stats before he went down. So you may be right, and we may have paid some dues having a notice QB under center with the 31st and 32nd ranked OLs, mentored by novice Zach Taylor as hopefully we do now. However, the QB we have now should be included in the anomaly of being well on his way to a postseason with the 30th ranked OL.

When Matt Moore and Cutler play it’s their fault, they suck. When Tannehill plays its the O-line’s fault, it’s the lack of a running game, it’s the incompetent coaching, it’s the defense, it’s the WRs dropping passes, it’s because the balls were tipped. Lol different standards for Tannehill.

This is a perfect example of what I mean when I say inability to identify or separate qb problem from other problems

Love the vacuum-visioned RT comparisons to Watson and Garrapolo both looking great, although one with the kind of losing record that Tannehill critics dogged him for.. after a handful of games and very little tape.

It's reminiscent of all those last season who were enviously knob-slobbering Mariota, Carr, Prescott and Winston. Prescott may be the real deal but Zeke's suspension revealed that may also he's just a .500 QB at best. Carr? coming off an injury so who's to really say, especially considering that Tannehill was stoic never complaining behind those terrible OLs while pissing blood, so who knows how badly injured he might have been playing.

Now Wentz, he's the real deal, there's no denying that. Goff? maybe... but 1 out of 2 season, especially considering how lost he looked last year does not make for conclusive evidence. But if Goff turns out to be for real, it's analogous to how good coaching turned him around as it turned Tannehill around last season. So there's that too.

yup, imagine if the eagles and texans had the same mindset as you do, who knows where they'd be now. fortunately, they took a risk in trading up, and while its early, there gambles sure look like it paid off.

With a QB with a repaired knee.

So we're annointing Garrapolo's four game stretch but dismissing Tannehill's 7-1 100+ rating as not good enough and has a bum knee with no concerns about Wentz or Watson, makes sense I guess.

Well isn't that the problem with having borderline top 10 talent? You have to pay them like top 10 or even top 5 talent because of "potential" even though that potential may never be met.

A 24/25 year old defensive end who has shown some flashes, deserves it about as much as a 27/28 year old QB with a record of mediocrity and consistently inconsistent results.

That same mediocre QB is the difference between this season and last season

You really believe that. Cute.

No the difference between this season and last season is we had the pleasure of playing the 1-15 Brown, 2-14 49ers, 4-12 Rams, 5-11Chargers, 5-11 Jets, and 7-9 Bills in the middle of the schedule. And we barely won against most of them.

That’s the difference. Not Ryan Tannehill LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom