Hartline agrees to terms with Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline agrees to terms with Dolphins

I've been talking up Hartline for year but... I wouldn't have paid him more than 5 million a year. Anyone else agree?

I've been talking up Hartline for year but... I wouldn't have paid him more than 5 million a year. Anyone else agree?

They probably wanted 30m/yr over the six years, but had to settle for 5 years since Hartline's camp likely was not going to compromise on dollars per.

Love it. Only guy in house I really thought was necs. to bring back.

Ascending player that the needle is still point upward.

Good for Ireland. Good for RT. Good for Hartline.

stop whining.....who ****** cares not your ******* money. welcome back brian.

Hartline would have gotten this money elsewhere with a weak WR FA group.

Tannehill already has chemistry with him. I expect the TD production to grow as the offense will and the QB. Can't believe he even got 1k yards with that offense out there. A rookie QB with davone bess lining up outside. A mediocre line and a ridiculously unpredictable running game. Not to mention the absolute trash WRs behind bess and hartline, oh and the lack of seam busting TE. Also the fact he set the Miami record for receiving yardage in a game with this group. He's young, he has been getting better. No reason to let him walk.

Don't try to confuse the haters with facts. This is a deal that had to be made, Hartline is getting better and as most argue on here it takes 3 years for a WR to finally get it. That being the case Hartline is right on track

typical overeactionto the big numbers.....will prob come out that he only cost 4 mil vs. cap

we need to see more of his wife with lauren

stop whining.....who ****** cares not your ******* money. welcome back brian.

Because it absolutely matters in the salary cap era. Overpaying a guy like Hartline limits your ability to sign actual difference makers to help put your team over the edge. The "it's not your money" argument is one that is extremely outdated and nonsensical in today's NFL.

I am reading that his numbers count 4 mil against the cap this year. Not a real reliable source but he is quoting Ben Volin.

Almost seems like covering their ass. They resign Hartline to only 12 Mil guaranteed as an insurance policy in case they don't get Swope in the draft. Still not a bad deal, just want to see what the vision is for #1 WR.

I like the deal. It's long enough to spread out the signing bonus if they want to keep him longer than 3-years. The signing bonus is small enough if you want to get rid of him after the 3rd year.

well it's less than $13 mil guaranteed...would seem to me if it's structured right we could get out after 2 years if we wanted to without hurting ourselves too much...

it's definitely not as bad as it could have been...

Back
Top Bottom