Hartline agrees to terms with Dolphins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline agrees to terms with Dolphins

Im very pleased about this. 12 million guarenteed is fine. He wont see 30 million without thousands of yards and many touchdwns over the next few years.. if he does that then Jeff will gladly pay him every cent.

Sorry, but I believe the Dolphins waaaaay over-paid Hartline. :crazy:

I agree. I actually like Hartline and he made some plays last year, I just think it's too much for a guy who has averaged 1.5 td's/year for his career and can be tackled by a stiff breeze. Hope it works out though.

Well you don't overpay him as much as we did I'll tell you that. You let him test free agency and if anybody wants to pay him stupid money you laugh and let them.

Jordy Nelson signed a 4 year contract worth 13 million. Those 2 contracts need to be switched with the players.

Things change year after year. Is Joe Flacco better than Brady or Rogers? No, but the market has gone up for QB's. Ditto for WR's. Hartline's deal doesn't have much guaranteed money, so if he stinks over the next 2-3 yrs, they can cut him without much of a cap hit.

He tripped over the chair before signing the contract.

only $4 mil against the cap in year one...hmmm...makes me think given that low number we'd have to wait 3 years to get out or take a decent cap hit...

i just hope like heck the plan isn't to now just add wallace and call the wr position fixed...we're still gonna be missing a significant piece

only $4 mil against the cap in year one...hmmm...makes me think given that low number we'd have to wait 3 years to get out or take a decent cap hit...

i just hope like heck the plan isn't to now just add wallace and call the wr position fixed...we're still gonna be missing a significant piece

This my BIGGEST fear! Hoops would you consider adding a pick like Swope enough to consider the position fixed? Because, I think thats the final piece they will be adding in addition to a Wallace(primary) or Jennings(secondary)

Wallace,Bess,Swope,Matthews,Hartline- Does this line-up look complete?

This my BIGGEST fear! Hoops would you consider adding a pick like Swope enough to consider the position fixed? Because, I think thats the final piece they will be adding in addition to a Wallace(primary) or Jennings(secondary)

Wallace,Bess,Swope,Matthews,Hartline- Does this line-up look complete?

fixed??? no...if we add swope i'm one of those that isn't high on him on the boundary but at that size and speed i'm sure anyone who takes him in the top 2 rounds thinks he can help them there...i'd like to upgrade bess in the slot from a playmaking aspect more speed more big play potential i think swope fits the bill but he's got some concussion issues as in multiple in college that could show up early in the pros...

i'd ideally add swope let bess go for a pick if i can pull it off and go get a big body physical win wr with potential in the draft either keenan allen with the top pick who i think would fit this system like a glove or maybe the dobson kid from marshall in the 3rd round...other than mathews in the scenario you presented we would have no one who is a physical player and tackle breaker in the wr core...

it's either that or this team needs to upgrade the te position with a real talent...wallace bess mathews and hartline with our existing guys at te isn't gonna get it done

fixed??? no...if we add swope i'm one of those that isn't high on him on the boundary but at that size and speed i'm sure anyone who takes him in the top 2 rounds thinks he can help them there...i'd like to upgrade bess in the slot from a playmaking aspect more speed more big play potential i think swope fits the bill but he's got some concussion issues as in multiple in college that could show up early in the pros...

i'd ideally add swope let bess go for a pick if i can pull it off and go get a big body physical win wr with potential in the draft either keenan allen with the top pick who i think would fit this system like a glove or maybe the dobson kid from marshall in the 3rd round...other than mathews in the scenario you presented we would have no one who is a physical player and tackle breaker in the wr core...

it's either that or this team needs to upgrade the te position with a real talent...wallace bess mathews and hartline with our existing guys at te isn't gonna get it done

Thats unfortunate because I SERIOUSLY doubt they're coming out of the draft with more than 1 wide-receiver. Now, of-course this is assuming they sign Wallace/Jennings! I threw Swope's name in their because of the A&M connection. Now, lets assume Philbin's ideal receiver group make-up ultimately is going to be similar to what GB currently/has had. How does that compare to what we currently have?

Immediately, it tells me Bess doesn't belong! Why? Because pretty much every receiving threat the Packers have CAN score! Bess, IMO is a liability there.

So, I think your more comfortable something like this:

Wallace, K.Allen, Swope, Matthews,Hartline- Yes?

Also, it goes without saying we're going to upgrade the TE position.

eh...

Not a Hartline fan, but the deal isn't bad. Hopefully the repore with Tanny will show worthwhile, and isn't a mirage due to our poor WR core last year. As long as we get one of the big 2, and a decent pick this year on a WR, pick up a TE.... I'm happy with this.

Market dictates value, and there are not really any names out there as our #2 that stand out to me as worlds better.

Awesome news!!! Hartline will be way better with Wallace on the field to open things up....If we stay at #12, I hope we grab one of these guys in this order!! Milliner/Patterson/Mingo/Eifert....Go Finns

Back
Top Bottom