Hartline agrees to terms with Dolphins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline agrees to terms with Dolphins

This is a solid team-friendly deal. We now have a lot of players on O that can get us between the 20s really well. Adding one or two redzone threats will definitely bump our offense up a few notches and it seems that's exactly what this FO is looking to do. Add a Wallace/Jennings plus draft an Eifert/Ertz/Escobar and maybe Egnew gets his head where the sun does shine and our O is looking pretty good.

Well considering that TD's is a much more important stat than receiving yards I wouldn't put too much weight into your analysis.

But heck, Hartline has the same amount of career TD's as Wallace does in his worst(rookie) season. So maybe once Hartline can get more than 3 TD's in 1 season his contract might be worth it.

Wow, so if it's only TD's that matter, then you must think the 49'ers are wasting a lot of money on Frank Gore, because they often swap in a different RB near the goal line?

Overlooking the value of yardage is silly. West Welker only scored 3 TD's here but we all knew by his yardage that he was a good player, and most of us were sad to lose him.

Well you don't overpay him as much as we did I'll tell you that. You let him test free agency and if anybody wants to pay him stupid money you laugh and let them.

Jordy Nelson signed a 4 year contract worth 13 million. Those 2 contracts need to be switched with the players.

Jordy Nelson had all of 1500 career receiving yeard over 3 plus years when he signed that contract, and he wasn't on the open market. Anyway, 12 million guaranteed over 5 years is far from stupid money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hartline is the man.i once seen him win the World Series of Poker using only Pookeman cards

[video=youtube;umDr0mPuyQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc[/video]

Now we will either go get Jennings/Wallace OR a rookie. Not both. Ugh so frustrating. Bad move.

C O N T I N U I T Y.

And a proven track record. A know commodity and proof we can keep our own productive players.

With Moore and Hartline, we are proving the culture is changing.

FINALLY!

i am totally against this signing. Sorry but i was hopeing with the picks and money we had that we would drastically improve the team not just keep our mediocre players. Well more shoe string tackles and lack of explosive plays from our #2 Wr for years to come. We better Hope we land Wallace or we r in Deep trouble fellas deep deep trouble.

Just think of it this way, does this move vs getting a rookie and jennings/wallace get us more wins? No

Miami Dolphins: forever 7-9

I really don't like this move

[video=youtube;umDr0mPuyQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc[/video]

Now we will either go get Jennings/Wallace OR a rookie. Not both. Ugh so frustrating. Bad move.

You think if we sign Wallace/Jennings we won't draft a WR early? I disagree...no excuse not to take a shot at a receiver in the first 2 rounds.

I honestly do not think this is the big answer to our WR problems. This is positioning and jockeying.

Now that Ireland has WR2 locked up, he can pin his ears back and make a concerted effort to get the WR1 he wants.

Now he doesn't have to waste resources continuing to pursue Hartline or another WR2 while also pursing a WR1 at the same time.

This was a solid move that needed to happen before FA starts. With Moore and Hartline solved, now we know how much money we have to pursue the rest of our problems.

We have a ton of cap. But you guys can't honestly expect ALL of it was going to WR1 and a couple of positions. Hartline has intangibles. RT doesn't have to learn 2 or 3 new WRs.

We cannot continue to jettison players and pay for new players every year if we want to build successfully. Even if we paid a slight premium for Hartline, he's "our" guy.

There are bigger things at work here. We are KEEPING our own guys. They WANT to stay here.

You're missing the forest for the trees.

Keeping Moore and Hartline were some of the best poker playing Ireland has done so far. Turn the frown upside down. :)

Hartline could easily had 5 TDs last year if not for a couple overthrown and a couple more under thrown balls too. Hartline is an easy 5 TD guy next to Wallace and Cook. ;)

Harline and scoring 5 tds easy does not belong in same sentence since he has never done it in 4 years in the nfl. He has six total tds in 4 years so no scring 5 tds and easy do not fit in sentence with Hartline.
He was next to Marshall who is as good as any qr outisde of Mega and Andre and he did not get 5.

You think if we sign Wallace/Jennings we won't draft a WR early? I disagree...no excuse not to take a shot at a receiver in the first 2 rounds.

knowing how ireland is allergic to drafting WR's, yes. even though we should go WR early even with wallace and hartline

i wanted Hartline back but did not want this type of term or salary. Hopefully it works out but I think Hartline's best year yardaage and catch wise is the one that just passed, he hopefully will learn to find end zone, no excuse to have that many receptions and only 1 td

only $4 mil against the cap in year one...hmmm...makes me think given that low number we'd have to wait 3 years to get out or take a decent cap hit...

i just hope like heck the plan isn't to now just add wallace and call the wr position fixed...we're still gonna be missing a significant piece

I suspect that Philbin will pound the table for at least 1 WR in the draft. I saw him in the background, at the Senior Bowl Practices seriously checking out the WR's doing drills. And the fact that he took extra time with Keenan Allen during the Combine tells me Miami ain't done with finding WR's. Possibly adding Wallace or Jennings isn't going to stop them. I think Ross has put Ireland on notice about finding weapons for Tannehill. It makes too much sense for them NOT to stop.

Back
Top Bottom