Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin

For us, a team that direly needs to start doing that which we have not done in quite some time- building via drafts/hitting on picks- moving up for anyone is a bad idea.

Yet, moving up this year for a position in desperate NEED is a notion so ludicrous, a idea so flabbergasting that Hickey should be shot ala Lincoln at the theater but moving up last year for a position in desperate LACK OF NEED was so brilliant that if you have not already purchased first class tickets to Seattle in order to kiss Ireland's feet if Jordan becomes a star, you are not a true fan?

Ban me indefinitely if you wish, mods. Thats stupid plain and simple. No other way to put it.

Me Dolfan. Me like sparkly. Will that get me a good-poster banner of some sort? Shoot one over. Ill join the masses.

That article is framed as if this isn't a deep draft.

Wrong.

LD

For us, a team that direly needs to start doing that which we have not done in quite some time- building via drafts/hitting on picks- moving up for anyone is a bad idea.

Yet, moving up this year for a position in desperate NEED is a notion so ludicrous, a idea so flabbergasting that Hickey should be shot ala Lincoln at the theater but moving up last year for a position in desperate LACK OF NEED was so brilliant that if you have not already purchased first class tickets to Seattle in order to kiss Ireland's feet if Jordan becomes a star, you are not a true fan?

Ban me indefinitely if you wish, mods. Thats stupid plain and simple. No other way to put it.

Me Dolfan. Me like sparkly. Will that get me a good-poster banner of some sort? Shoot one over. Ill join the masses.

The difference is Ireland wasnt going to hit on that second round pick anyways. While we dont know how good Hickey is, we have hopes of minimum competency. Ignorance is bliss.

Also drafting for need is shortsighted and idiotic and will directly result in this regime being fired. The firing will just be delayed a year or two. Passing on potentially great players at more important positions for someone who plays a less important position simply because of what happened last year will damn us tomorrow. Trading up for said player is even more ridiculous.

Don't trade up please. Too much talent available this year. That second rounder can get a really good player

i'd never trade up for anything less than a marino, manning, elway, luck type. they are ALL unpredictable. keep the picks, better chance of getting a hit.

i'd never trade up for anything less than a marino, manning, elway, luck type. they are ALL unpredictable. keep the picks, better chance of getting a hit.

Yeah a QB is probably the only thing you should trade up for, if you take the wrong one the franchise will be doomed for years anyway so those extra picks won't mean much.

Guys you are completely over reacting.

Hickey is likely making preliminary call to hammer out a general framework of what it would cost. This is due diligence IMO.
That way if the player we covet falls we can make a call and ask if the pre arranged agreement will work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I would be okay with a trade up for Mathews. He would solidify the bookends of our line and be our future LT for years to come. Only one worth the move in my opinion, I could live with moving up for Ebron as well but would rather take one on the other TE's in a trade-down scenario.

Back
Top Bottom