Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin

Teams who put their most premium assets in play for offensive lineman(especially non left tackles) never prosper as far as post season wins, and appearances. Not in today's league.

Hey I don't want to trade up for a lineman and I hope the rumor is false, but don't the 49ers have a number of highly drafted linemen?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm really starting to think that if we can't get Martin, we need to grab Sua Filo, and not reach for a tackle. We can't give much up in a trade up though, it's just not worth it.

This would make me sick to my stomach - if you want a good guard get one in the second or third round. If you want a good RT you can get one in the second, or take one in the first. But not for a freaking guard!

If you trade up in the first take Evans or Ebron. Ebron won't get past Baltimore. Evans is a complete monster

Why not trade up in the second for Moses James or the Alabama RT. One will fall. Or trade back and take one and a playmaking linebacker or receiver. Wallace and Grimes (maybe Clay) are the only big playmakers on this team.
I wouldn't want to lose my third either in case Tre Mason or Carlos Hyde fall somehow. Moreno isn't a playmaker he's just solid, and Miller is a big question mark who will never be the feature back

Remember, this Adam "we are swinging for the fences to get wide receiver" Beasley who wrote this. How often does he get anything right?

Hey I don't want to trade up for a lineman and I hope the rumor is false, but don't the 49ers have a number of highly drafted linemen?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yup. They drafted Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati with the 11th and 17th overall picks in the 2010 draft. And promptly went 6-10. They also drafted a left tackle in the first round of the 2007 draft. That was followed by 4 straight non-winning seasons.

It was only after drafting a dominating pass rusher and getting improved play out of their quarterback, receivers, tight ends, and (of course) coaching did they start winning consistently.

People can keep coveting the idea of building the football equivalent to the Great Wall of China in front of our quarterback, but it wont much matter if our receivers are giving up on plays and whispering sweet nothings into the ground whenever a defender gets within 6 yards.
I hope to god Martin gets drafted in the 10-13 range. Just as i hope Robinson and Matthews are drafted in the top 5 range and Lewan is drafted in the top 10. Why? Because thats 4 more receivers or defenders that will slide down. Then, later, we can shore up the line with competent pieces as other teams are desperately digging through their scouting reports trying to find players that will help them put more points on the board.

Oh boy, Vernon Carey all over again!

I would be okay with a trade up for Mathews. He would solidify the bookends of our line and be our future LT for years to come. Only one worth the move in my opinion, I could live with moving up for Ebron as well but would rather take one on the other TE's in a trade-down scenario.

why a LT at this point? that ship has sailed. we could grab Moses in the 2nd round and see if he can be our LT of the future

god I hope we trade down, grab Moses or Juwan James and not try to fix Jeff Ireland's **** in one draft

Yup. They drafted Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati with the 11th and 17th overall picks in the 2010 draft. And promptly went 6-10. They also drafted a left tackle in the first round of the 2007 draft. That was followed by 4 straight non-winning seasons.

It was only after drafting a dominating pass rusher and getting improved play out of their quarterback, receivers, tight ends, and (of course) coaching did they start winning consistently.

People can keep coveting the idea of building the football equivalent to the Great Wall of China in front of our quarterback, but it wont much matter if our receivers are giving up on plays and whispering sweet nothings into the ground whenever a defender gets within 6 yards.
I hope to god Martin gets drafted in the 10-13 range. Just as i hope Robinson and Matthews are drafted in the top 5 range and Lewan is drafted in the top 10. Why? Because thats 4 more receivers or defenders that will slide down. Then, later, we can shore up the line with competent pieces as other teams are desperately digging through their scouting reports trying to find players that will help them put more points on the board.

So you would rather take an inferior player over a highly rated one? Just pick the best lineman and be done with it, and we wont have to be in this situation again next year.

Just pick the best lineman and be done with it, and we wont have to be in this situation again next year.
you are thinking one year plan(s) at this point? ugh

we could take the BPA, resign Clabo, grab a RT prospect Day2/3 and think longer term

you are thinking one year plan(s) at this point? ugh

No why would it be one year you take someone who can solidify the position for a long time. Look at it this way if we pick a LB or WR we will make the same excuse next year when the offensive line is getting beat up.

No why would it be one year you take someone who can solidify the position for a long time. Look at it this way if we pick a LB or WR we will make the same excuse next year when the offensive line is getting beat up.

lets say there are 3-5 players with a 7.00 grade available @ 19(none are OL). the best OL left @ 19 has a 6.7 grade and if you wait until round 2 you could get a OL prospect with close to a 6.7 grade. do you settle for the OL @19 simply because the previous GM sucked and you have a 1-year plan in your head?

no you don't, god forbid you were our GM(chasing Jeff Ireland's tail)

So you would rather take an inferior player over a highly rated one? Just pick the best lineman and be done with it, and we wont have to be in this situation again next year.

Mmmmmmmmm.

I think there should be a third guarantee in life: death, taxes and the o-line needs work.

Back
Top Bottom