Jake Long... Don't worry | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long... Don't worry

but by your own estimation mayock spouts b.s. because of his love affair for matt ryan. i just told you what he thought of jake long.

scouts can say it all they want. they arent the decision makers.

I didn't give M.Mayock credit for anything except maybe finally listening to people that J.Long is the guy. This wasn't his opinion it was what he was told by others, there's a rather large difference between the two.

Scouts write the reports for BP/JI then they make up their own minds with the information provided. If they weren't important every NFL franchise wouldn't have a scouting department!!!

well dont hold your breath for an OL on the first day. im not saying they wont draft an OL high but the chances arent as good as us taking a TE high or a DE or DT.

What about the fact that we signed LB's, a DT, and a DE in free agency. We didnt even come close to signing an OT. We also signed a TE but i don't see that as being very significant.

I just cant wait for draft day! Either way we go I will be happy.

What about the fact that we signed LB's, a DT, and a DE in free agency. We didnt even come close to signing an OT. We also signed a TE but i don't see that as being very significant.

I just cant wait for draft day! Either way we go I will be happy.

well we signed because we had to. we are devoid of players all across the board and the ones we signed were up and cominng players that fit what they wanted. we still many more of those. we didnt sign an OT because what OT was there to sign?

21 days and counting my friend. :up:

I couldn't find anything on Jake Long on the ground, but here's what Pat Kirwan said just last week:

"The Dolphins could select either Chris or Jake Long and not be wrong."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d807619d5&template=with-video&confirm=true

he goes on to say "some believe Jake Long is headed to the right tackle spot..." but then contradicts himself by predicting the Rams will select Long and that Jake will replace Orlando Pace in the future. last time I checked, Pace plays on the left side.

I didn't give M.Mayock credit for anything except maybe finally listening to people that J.Long is the guy. This wasn't his opinion it was what he was told by others, there's a rather large difference between the two.

Scouts write the reports for BP/JI then they make up their own minds with the information provided. If they weren't important every NFL franchise wouldn't have a scouting department!!!

Your right scouts write the reports but at the end of the day, both parcells and ireland still watch tape and make their own assumptions on these players. i never said that scouting departments are useless, i just said they dont have final say, which they dont.

I wouldn't mind Jake Long at #1 if I didn't love Gholston so much! (no ****)

That being said, as long as we get Groves in the 2nd, I would be ok with Jake at #1, I just don't see it happening.

I couldn't find anything on Jake Long on the ground, but here's what Pat Kirwan said just last week:

"The Dolphins could select either Chris or Jake Long and not be wrong."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d807619d5&template=with-video&confirm=true

he goes on to say "some believe Jake Long is headed to the right tackle spot..." but then contradicts himself by predicting the Rams will select Long and that Jake will replace Orlando Pace in the future. last time I checked, Pace plays on the left side.

he is saying its what they could do. not what they will do. they could leave long on the right side and let alex barron play the left when pace retires. plus i see the rams going with gholston or dorsey at that spot and long falling to kc. now if we trade down to say the fifth spot and take long, it would be alot easier to swallow but i wouldnt be happy about passing on chris long.

Your right scouts write the reports but at the end of the day, both parcells and ireland still watch tape and make their own assumptions on these players. i never said that scouting departments are useless, i just said they dont have final say, which they dont.

Thanks for the chat, draft day will be very interesting. No matter what happens were better for it. Good night.

he is saying its what they could do. not what they will do. they could leave long on the right side and let alex barron play the left when pace retires. plus i see the rams going with gholston or dorsey at that spot and long falling to kc. now if we trade down to say the fifth spot and take long, it would be alot easier to swallow but i wouldnt be happy about passing on chris long.

read again:
"Long helps build a better pass-protection unit right away, establishes a point of attack for the running game and will be in line to replace Orlando Pace when he hangs up the cleats. Long will play for a long time, and that makes him a good choice for new personnel chief Bill Devaney."

read again:
"Long helps build a better pass-protection unit right away, establishes a point of attack for the running game and will be in line to replace Orlando Pace when he hangs up the cleats. Long will play for a long time, and that makes him a good choice for new personnel chief Bill Devaney."

since when did kirwan start working for the rams and have say in the personnel decisions? last time i checked he wrote for nfl.com and gave his opinion. so again he is speculating.

well yes, it's a mock draft, after all. someone said they heard Kirwan's comments about Jake Long on the ground a lot and that he will be just a RT. I just found something that says the opposite. Kirwan is predicting that the Rams pick him and that he will be their left tackle. if he's good enough at #2, why isn't he good enough at #1?

well yes, it's a mock draft, after all. someone said they heard Kirwan's comments about Jake Long on the ground a lot and that he will be just a RT. I just found something that says the opposite. Kirwan is predicting that the Rams pick him and that he will be their left tackle. if he's good enough at #2, why isn't he good enough at #1?

if the rams take jake long at 2 it will be a mistake because they are investing alot of money in tackle they hope can play on the left side. they can kind of afford to do that with having a still servicable orlando pace. we dont have that kind of luxury. In my opinion they are better off trying to get gholston, ellis or dorsey since they have a greater need at that those positions and with the exception of gholston, are better players. we need someone to come in and make an immediate impact for us at a premium position that has very few question marks surrounding him. chris long is that player.

I would be happy with either Long but we need a LT badly and if the front office thinks he is able to be a top LT then there is no reason not to take him #1.

Can't wait for the draft, it can't get here soon enough.

if the rams take jake long at 2 it will be a mistake because they are investing alot of money in tackle they hope can play on the left side. they can kind of afford to do that with having a still servicable orlando pace. we dont have that kind of luxury. In my opinion they are better off trying to get gholston, ellis or dorsey since they have a greater need at that those positions and with the exception of gholston, are better players. we need someone to come in and make an immediate impact for us at a premium position that has very few question marks surrounding him. chris long is that player.

even though we already have 2 OLB's with multiple pro-bowls? we all know that JT and JP only have a couple years left, but they will be good enough this year. if we pick Chris Long, how much impact can he really make behind those two? when you look at what we have at OT right now, we really need IMMEDIATE impact. LT is much more of a premium position than OLB on any team. waiting under the 2nd round for a left tackle is a risky move because we could be looking at the 7th best by then.

never said he would be close to long. doesnt have to be. he just needs to able to play RT well enough, which he does. he may not be the pro bowl RT long will be but he will do just fine.

That's the same mentality that has kept Miami down in the gutters these last few years. This "well enough" stuff has to go.

Back
Top Bottom