Let's Talk Potential QBs in Rd 1 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's Talk Potential QBs in Rd 1

I'm all for Watson or Kizer....depending on how this season shakes out we could have a shot at either.

I may sound weird here, but could we trade for a guy like a second rounder from another team? One who has been a backup for a year or two. Osweiler is a good example. Not the best, but he may be better than Ryan. And Texas snatched him up. What about Paxton Lynch?

My point is that some college qb's don't translate to NFL qbs. As fans its hard to tell which will work.

Why spend a high 1-5 pick on a guy who may or may not make it. I want the FO to do their homework and find the right guy, whether he be in college of the NFL right now. Just get some heart and wits brought in.

I may sound weird here, but could we trade for a guy like a second rounder from another team? One who has been a backup for a year or two. Osweiler is a good example. Not the best, but he may be better than Ryan. And Texas snatched him up. What about Paxton Lynch?

My point is that some college qb's don't translate to NFL qbs. As fans its hard to tell which will work.

Why spend a high 1-5 pick on a guy who may or may not make it. I want the FO to do their homework and find the right guy, whether he be in college of the NFL right now. Just get some heart and wits brought in.

The guys I think this staff could look at that already are in the NFL Would be Cutler, Garappolo, Hundley. Cant really come up with anyone else.

The only way to land a franchise QB is to take one in round 1, otherwise you are just praying to land ass first into one like Seattle. The odds just aren't in your favor. If you are looking for a franchise QB and you pick in the top of round 1, you have to take your chance and pull the trigger on one, even if you don't have the pieces around them yet.

You could always let them sit a year, which I think would be wise until the OL and running game is sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't disagree, but I am not sold there is one of those in this draft. Not a sure fire one anyway.

Not sure you are sounding weird. If Denver feels Simien is their guy then Lynch might be available, but Elway is going to try to get a first.

The problem I see, if we'd have to 'luck into' getting anyone better than RT. No one currently in the NFL that's better than RT would be available to us, and the idea of drafting elite talent is slim to nil.

Not sure you are sounding weird. If Denver feels Simien is their guy then Lynch might be available, but Elway is going to try to get a first.

Lynch is way too talented for Elway to ever think about trading. We Should of drafted him when we had the chance.

Elway is the best GM in the NFL, if he's trading away something, you probably don't want it anyway.

I wanted Lynch last year. I'd hope Siemian sticks so they could at least try and pick up Lynch.

Wasn't Kizer in a quarterback battle this offseason because Notre Dame wasn't sure who their starter should be? Doesn't seem to have that much playing experience...

Which one of those makes us good? If we fill multiple positions there how many wins does that add? Few if any....

Philly and Dallas are proof of what a competent QB can do for a team.

I get your point that a great QB can make the team better but he can't do it alone or else, Marino would have 8 super bowl rings. So you get your QB, what do you do next? Kick back and watch him play defense too? Come on, what's your next move?

Ozzy rules!!

I get your point that a great QB can make the team better but he can't do it alone or else, Marino would have 8 super bowl rings. So you get your QB, what do you do next? Kick back and watch him play defense too? Come on, what's your next move?

Ozzy rules!!

I'm not even asking for super bowls or great QBs.

I'm just asking for competent. I said last off season I'd be happy if tannehill became Alex Smith, and people here laughed at the thought of that.

The only time in the past 10 years this team has been Enjoyable was with Chad Pennington. He wasn't great, but he won games.

Please not Cutler

Ozzy rules!!

You have a better option? Cutler can run Gase's offense at least, and was efficient doing it.

I'm not even asking for super bowls or great QBs.

I'm just asking for competent. I said last off season I'd be happy if tannehill became Alex Smith, and people here laughed at the thought of that.

The only time in the past 10 years this team has been Enjoyable was with Chad Pennington. He wasn't great, but he won games.

You have a better option? Cutler can run Gase's offense at least, and was efficient doing it.

No I don't have a better option right now. I believe Tannehill will start every game this year unless the oline get him killed. Not sure what will happen in the off season but of course we have 12 more games to see what happens. What I'm hoping for is one of two things. Either for Tannehill to really get it and goes lights out the rest of the year or for him to suck on every game so that we know he's done. I'm sick of the ups and downs. He's though, never complains or points fingers and has a great arm. The one thing imo holding him back is pocket awareness or lack there of and I don't know if he'll ever get that. Even you will admit that sometimes the oline gets beat so fast that he has no chance. But I will admit that some times it's all on him. He some times could get rid of it but doesn't. The problem is when he gets the rush he normally only goes back while some QB's might go forward or sideways which would allow him to sometimes get rid of the ball at least. Going back every time will get him sacked most of the time. The instincs to buy time in the pocket are just lacking. I believe that's the one thing he has not improve on.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom