''Marijuana is 10 times better for me than Paxil,'' he said. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

''Marijuana is 10 times better for me than Paxil,'' he said.

MarksBrothers85 said:
Damn and I thought I was the only one. Back in August 2002 I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder and was on paxil and it worked out pretty good too. But, I started smoking pot last fall (say what you want) and I feel better than ever. I had an amazing freshman year at college, finishing with a 3.6 GPA and in spite of all the rumors that it makes you lazy, it hasn't I still work out on a regular basis. Say what you want, but for me pot seems to be a much better alternative.
:up:

Trekbiz said:
Q: How does marijuana affect driving?

A: Marijuana has serious harmful effects on the skills required to drive safely: alertness, the ability to concentrate, coordination, and the ability to react quickly. Marijuana use can make it difficult to judge distances and react to signals and sounds on the road.

(1). Data have also shown that while smoking marijuana, people show the same lack of coordination on standard "drunk driver" tests as do people who have had too much to drink (8).

Yep, Marijuana is much better! :shakeno:

Driving while intoxicated on ANY drug which impairs your reactions is bad.
That includes your almighty marijuana! :lol:
You make yourself sound like an idiot putting all this **** about driving while smoking weed. IF you drive the first time you have ever smokin then yes all this **** you state is true if not then you would have no problem driving. Data has also shown that people are more likely to get in an accident while talking on a cell phone in a car then while drinking and driving yet i bet you talk on your phone to you boyfriend while driving all the time. I hate ricky for quiting

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
pot is really really cool. Anything that is illegal is really really cool. The only thing that could make it uncool is if donnie and Marie start smoking pot.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Shut up dude! Have you ever watched the Donnie and Marie show... ON WEED?????

reefer-addict

Fellas, Fellas, Fellas. I know that there are alot of people smoking pot, but the bottom line is that it is illegal. We didn't have as many people doing it 30 years ago as we do today, but does that mean that we have to change our morals and make it legal just because alot of people do it? Think about all the other things that are illegal that alot of people do, should we make those things legal also? Ricky has a problem, plain and simple. And there is NO justification for his life style. I am 36 years old, and i have young kids that love Ricky. I have spent money on Jerseys, bobble heads, Mac Farlan figures, posters, and now I have to tell my kids that he is a pot head? Give me a break....

Cmon man, blazing bud affects you no matter what. I love chronic! I blaze almost daily...usually more than 4 times a week. I've been smoking for at least 4 years at about this pace. I've tried other things like blow, x, xanax, valium, percocets and crap like that but it had nothing to do with bud and I haven't fallen victim to addiction with any of those drugs. The gateway arguement is pure bullsh!t to me, one thing has nothing to do with the other. If you smoke bud you're more likely to try other things because you have already pierced the drug threshold. You've de-virginized yourself so to speak. Once you've done one it's not so bad or difficult to try something else is what the train of thought is IMO. If I did coke before I had ever smoked bud, my reason for trying bud wouldn't have been because coke is the gateway drug.:shakeno: I've never done K nor heroin or any other crazy **** like meth cause I don't want to and never will....bud doesn't make decisions for me nor control me.

Anyway, I have proven to myself that I am much quicker, effective and productive when I'm not high and when I haven't smoked in a couple of weeks. That's a fact. It blatantly is in your system and it does affect you and your ability. Ricky smoking weed everyday explains so much about last years drop in performance. His mind would not be at the level of concentration and reaction time required to play in the NFL as an elite back like he was his first year with us. If you don't believe me and you smoke on a regular basis like me or Ricky, I challenge you to stop for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. Then look at your production at work, home, etc. I can guarantee you'll be more succesful at something.

My point is that Ricky should not be smoking everyday just like I probably shouldn't smoke everyday. I'm 23 and I know that when I graduate and really start my career I will leave bud as a thing of the past because it will interfere with my full capability. Ricky habitualy smoking shows me that he wasn't serious about football or the Dolphins or anything for that matter.

Jeep said:
Are you cute? can I have a picture?

She is more than cute. I have seen a picture. For Christ's sake, she has her own smilie:

:peebs:

Jeep, I thought you would know that by now.

Brad528 said:
After all of this arguing i have came to one conclusion the RICKY sucks on more then just his bong

Yes, grasshopper, you do speak the truth.

So, I guess all the bud smokers here know everything. Those bastards at the National Institute of Heath know nothing!
:shakeno:

http://www.drugabuse.gov/ResearchReports/Marijuana/Marijuana3.html

Marijuana has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens.42 In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke.43 It also produces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form, levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells.44 Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may increase the risk of cancer more than smoking tobacco does.

some other info on that page from people who know jack :shakeno: :
In a study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a moderate dose of marijuana alone was shown to impair driving performance; however, the effects of even a low dose of marijuana combined with alcohol were markedly greater than for either drug alone39. Driving indices measured included reaction time, visual search frequency (driver checking side streets), and the ability to perceive and/or respond to changes in the relative velocity of other vehicles.

And the best:

Health Consequences of Marijuana Abuse
Acute (present during intoxication)
Impairs short-term memory
Impairs attention, judgment, and other cognitive functions
Impairs coordination and balance
Increases heart rate
Persistent (lasting longer than intoxication, but may not be permanent)
Impairs memory and learning skills
Long-term (cumulative, potentially permanent effects of chronic abuse)
Can lead to addiction
Increases risk of chronic cough, bronchitis, and emphysema
Increases risk of cancer of the head, neck, and lungs

well no sh*t puff for puff. But most cigarette smokers smoke like 5-10 cigs a day. Some more than that.

Dolfan73 said:
True it was my fault for putting the pipe to my face. But once u get hooked its pretty much out of your hands until u get locked up or killed. Luckily i locked up. I've straightened up now but don't you dare try to tell me about MY problems if you've never been there chief. Now...my point being is that we've yet to see the end of this Ricky drug saga. I'm sure he'll be on an E true hollywood story

Your problems are your problems. When you choose to share them in a public forum, then you will have people with opinions about them. Deal with it.

Peebs said:
So, I guess all the bud smokers here know everything. Those bastards at the National Institute of Heath know nothing!
:shakeno:

http://www.drugabuse.gov/ResearchReports/Marijuana/Marijuana3.html

some other info on that page from people who know jack :shakeno: :

And the best:

:roflmao:

I used to smoke regularly as well, MANY, MANY years ago, but it is funny listening to people making up all kinds of crap about how pot doesn't impair them in the least.

Yep Agua.
You and I are around the same age...
With age comes maturity. Thank goodness we matured, many people I know didn't and unfortunately paid the ultimate price.

Meatwad said:
well no sh*t puff for puff. But most cigarette smokers smoke like 5-10 cigs a day. Some more than that.
But we aren't debating the use of cigarettes are we?
No one here is defending the use of cigarettes are they?
Ricky Williams didn't quit a sucessful Football career to smoke a pack of unfiltered camels.

So what is your point?

Back
Top Bottom