MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms?

Should the Dolphins Modify The Uniforms

• YES

Votes: 252 62.4%
  • NO

Votes: 152 37.6%

• Total voters
clear.gif

Ah. The classic thing about this picture isn't the uniforms, but rather the subtle "flipping of the bird" Csonka is doing, which was subsequently airbrushed out of later pressings, I believe.

that rumor has been around since last year and it has already been denied by the Dolphins. They said the were making slight uniform changes, but the logo is NOT changing.

In that same article they also said they would probably discuss major changes at some point.

They probably denied the logo because they didn't want to let the cat out of the bag or have speculation running wild. But since the guy was working on a Chargers logo which came to pass, and a new NFL logo which will come to pass, chances are his working on a Dolphin one probably has some substance to it.

To the extent, since that article is a year old and you need to notify the NFL a year in advance that you're going to make a major change in your uniform, it wouldn't shock me if a change were to occur in the next few months.

I, for one, would welcome it. Not that I dislike the uniforms we have now, but because to me they have become associated with a decade of failure. I frankly have no great preference for either a throwback or some new style, but I would like to see that association of the past decade gone.

I don't want to change the helmet or the colors of the unis. But what I would like, is to change the unis to something like Atlanta's or the Hurricanes.

Sorry if someone has already suggested this. I didn't go thru all the posts.

yea i would support a return to the retro dolphin logo

The Dolphins have one of sport's classic uniforms

Why in the hell would you change it? The Dolphins will not be Super Bowl bound because they change the damn uniform, or logo. No one is intimidated by a uniform. The Raiders had a simple black and silver design, a menacing pirate-style logo on the helmet, and they are widely credited with the "intimidating" uniform style, but it wasn't the uniform that was intimidating, it was Jack Tatum and George Atkinson putting guys in the hospital if they dared come across the middle. It was Ted Hendricks blocking field goals, and Gene Upshaw and Art Shell bulldozing the opposing defensive line. It was Lester Hayes covered in stick-em, intercepting every ball thrown to his side of the field. It was Lyle Alzado jacked up on roids. A uniform change didn't make the Broncos more physically dominating, zone blocking and Terrell Davis did. The Dolphins have a timeless uniform and it should be left alone. The Chargers' new uniform is just a modification of their retro uniforms. Someone up thread mentioned the Bills uniform changes, and those changes were butt-trifling awful. What's with the dark pants and dark jerseys? The Bills' best uniform is the retro uni with the light blue jerseys, white helmets and simple red bison. The Seahawks went to that all grey uniform and it looks awful. The Seahawks are another team that would be well-served to return to their roots--blue, green, and light grey.

Uniform changes are usually the sign of a tradition poor franchise trying to alter a perception created by a long history of losing--Bucs, Falcons and Patriots come to mind, or a knuckle-head owner trying to be trendy. Uniform changes are endemic in the NBA and NHL, where teams are known to not only change their uniforms, but change their color schemes at the drop of a hat. The Caps went from a classic seventies-style red, white and blue to an atrocious teal number, because teal was the trendy color, now the Caps have returned to their original uniforms. The Houston Rockets changed their uniforms from the red and yellows they wore for decades, and won championships with, to a lousy orange and blue scheme, they have predictably returned to the classic uniform. If Dolphins' management ever goes away from the aqua, and orange, with the dolphin leaping through fire, they should be hanged.

I am on the side of Tradition either leave as is or do a retro and go back to the glory days of the 70's uniforms.

I like the tradition of all the NFL teams Green Bay,Oakland,Dallas,Pittsburgh and so on.

The teams that have changed uni's New England,Denver,Seattle ecta. dont like em but as long as miami keeps it the same Im cool with it.

First of all, I'm with the earlier poster, I have gotten so sick of uni threads over the years, but since I think there will be a change before the draft, why not. A poster by the name is fisheatcats over at Creamer's Sports Logos posted this a month ago, and to me this is the best concept I have seen. The wordmark leaves a little to be desired and I am not so sure about the face, but everything else is AMAZING.

dolphinsnewnd7-1.gif
]

dolphinswhitemonody8-1.gif

dolphinsconcepthr5-1.gif

First of all, I'm with the earlier poster, I have gotten so sick of uni threads over the years, but since I think there will be a change before the draft, why not. A poster by the name is fisheatcats over at Creamer's Sports Logos posted this a month ago, and to me this is the best concept I have seen. The wordmark leaves a little to be desired and I am not so sure about the face, but everything else is AMAZING.

I could be happy with this, more or less, but I doubt the "white on white" unis will go away completely. Maybe that becomes the "special occasion" uni instead of the retina incinerating orange.

Although a lot of work probably went into this, I consider this more of a "tweak" than an "overhaul." And an overhaul would, I hope, be rejected by most Dolphin fans. If we bring out jerseys and pants with ridiculous Denver Bronco slashes, racing stripes, and fuzzy pink dice it will be the living end.

dolphinsnewnd7-1.gif
]

dolphinswhitemonody8-1.gif

dolphinsconcepthr5-1.gif
that looks sick!

I'd love to go back to the old uni's but with a tad bit of spice.

See the Thanksgiving Game where Chambers caught 3 TD's -- those uni's = 10/10!

I'm all for change, I would like to see a more retro look but with a modern twist if that makes any sense. Maybe the logo looking more like the old but alittle upgraded but not cartoonish like the new and the uni's to be classic but modern.

i swear this year i was watching the buffalo game and in the middle of the snowstorm i looked at our all white uni's on the field and said to myself, not only are we a weakminded soft team but our uniform fits the script.The navy blue stuff you can buy is tight as heck, i'am all for that change.

Those Navy blue jerseys are sweet!! I would love to see us switch to those!!

Back
Top Bottom