MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms?

Should the Dolphins Modify The Uniforms

• YES

Votes: 252 62.4%
  • NO

Votes: 152 37.6%

• Total voters
Too dark

I'm all for the old school jerseys shown earlier.

clear.gif

me too, either keep them the way they are or go back to the old ones. They're both great to me.

I know our Phins have a proud history, but the old school uniforms are ugly. I like the ones we wore on that thanksgiving game against dallas, but those were kind of new old school.

Coaching helped the Bulldogs not the Jersey.

How has the Black been working for the Raiders lately?

Its all about players and coaching, not the uniforms.

It was not just the coaching, the players had been asking for years to wear black jersey, if you watched the team play against florida in those black jersey, you can not sit here and tell me that, mentally the "black out" did not fire those boys up out there.

winning has to do alot with a teams physcolgical state, as much as it has to do with their coaching and physical ability.

It was not just the coaching, the players had been asking for years to wear black jersey, if you watched the team play against florida in those black jersey, you can not sit here and tell me that, mentally the "black out" did not fire those boys up out there.

The Jerseys had nothing to do with it, and college and Pros are two different animals.
Rutgers wanted to wear all black also, how did that work out?

It comes down to coaching and the players, not the uniforms. The uniforms make money, nothing else.

If a player needs to get an emotional lift from the color jersey that he's wearing, that's pretty sad. Every player should be out there playing at 100% regardless of whether he is wearing black, gold, blue or purple.

The Jerseys had nothing to do with it, and college and Pros are two different animals.
Rutgers wanted to wear all black also, how did that work out?

It comes down to coaching and the players, not the uniforms. The uniforms make money, nothing else.

we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I think the jersey has something to do with it. physcologically.\

so how do you think the team will feel physcologically if we game it in all pink uniforms? you think they would feel like guys ready to do battle?

If a player needs to get an emotional lift from the color jersey that he's wearing, that's pretty sad. Every player should be out there playing at 100% regardless of whether he is wearing black, gold, blue or purple.

Well, you can say the same thing about the coaching, if the team believes that their coach is garbage, and the game plan is not going to work, they will not go out and give 100%. like i said before their are alot of different ways to motivate guys and get their heads in the game. it not just about coaching and physical skills. Cam Cameron is a perfect example. the players did not agree with alot of things or the way he handled things and it showed on the field.

so you telling me if the phins came out in all pink uniforms, that would not make them feel like a bunch of woosies?

I loved the 70's look. If your going to change, thats what I would do. Of course the younger members here probably don't remember it, but for us old timers it was cool looking.

I can not believe that you actually think there is no mental aspect to football. it's all about emotion man, not just skills and coaching.

so you telling me if the phins came out in all pink uniforms, that would not make them feel like a bunch of woosies?

You're going to an extreme here.... an absurd extreme which does nothing but belittle your argument.

On another note, the teams regularly listed as greatest ever, current Pats, 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, 72 Phins, Raiders etc. would ALL have intimidated other teams and would have been just as special even if they did wear pink.

It's all about what's inside the uniform.
This whole argument about uniforms, mascots, and colors scaring other teams and making the team wearing them play better is comlpetely absurd.

Jack Lambert, Larry Csonka, Rodney Harrison, Lyle Alzado, Mike Singletary, Ronne Lott etc. would all smack you just as hard wearing pink as they would with any other color.

I can not believe that you actually think there is no mental aspect to football. it's all about emotion man, not just skills and coaching.

Additionally, we have alternates to wear.

If the team wants a lift from wearing different uni's, we have the all Aqua look which looks great, it's all dark and uses OUR COLORS not the plethora of "colors of the week" many posters on here would like to see us changed to.

You're going to an extreme here.... an absurd extreme which does nothing but belittle your argument.

On another note, the teams regularly listed as greatest ever, current Pats, 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, 72 Phins, Raiders etc. would ALL have intimidated other teams and would have been just as special even if they did wear pink.

It's all about what's inside the uniform.
This whole argument about uniforms, mascots, and colors scaring other teams and making the team wearing them play better is comlpetely absurd.

Jack Lambert, Larry Csonka, Rodney Harrison, Lyle Alzado, Mike Singletary, Ronne Lott etc. would all smack you just as hard wearing pink as they would with any other color.

I just wanted to make a point. when people can't seem to get "it" you have to go to the extreme. like you have to to with 5 year olds.

I just wanted to make a point. we people came seem to get "it" you have to go to the extreme. like you have to to with 5 year olds.

No you don't and you didn't make a point.

Comparing the difference between wearing a black or Aqua jersey isnt anywhere near comparible to wearing pink.

Why don't you just compare it to guys playing naked in jock straps next?

Back
Top Bottom