MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms?

Should the Dolphins Modify The Uniforms

• YES

Votes: 252 62.4%
  • NO

Votes: 152 37.6%

• Total voters
Uniform changes are a way for bored team executives to make extra money on merchandise IMO. I don't care what the uni's look like as long as I can see them winning in them!

Honestly, why do you think BP continues to do it? When you see our old logo you immediately think the 70s. Look at the current logo you think JJ-Wanny-saban and recently Cam. Why did the Bucs owners say the world will never see those horrific creamsicle unis again? It's not about fashion, it's about identity.

Are you serious?

Yeah, that's it ... new uniforms = new identity/new team/new results.

Get a clue. The ONLY way to change our recent identity is through better personnel and hard work.

Are you serious?

Yeah, that's it ... new uniforms = new identity/new team/new results.

Get a clue. The ONLY way to change our recent identity is through better personnel and hard work.

Answer the Parcells question then get back to me. I gave you examples i.e. Tampa Bay, '93 pats and '97 jets. All three franchises were bad several years prior, so jersey sales wasn't the driving force. What, BP's coaching contracts weren't enough? He had under-the-table apparel deals? Please.

What about our team's recent struggles? If it was all about $$$ why didn't wayne change the uniform after wanny? After the liar? Oh what was I thinking? Wayne clearly needs someone else to tell him when to make money.

If you're even debating whether or not new unis automatically equates to success, you're wasting everyone's time. Of course it's about personnel.

BP's reconstruction projects have consisted of everything from the foundation to the cosmetic. Not opinion but fact. That's his M.O.
Come better than just "get a clue" responses. I tell ya, elbows & ______ everyone has them.

Answer the Parcells question then get back to me. I gave you examples i.e. Tampa Bay, '93 pats and '97 jets. All three franchises were bad several years prior, so jersey sales wasn't the driving force. What, BP's coaching contracts weren't enough? He had under-the-table apparel deals? Please.

What about our team's recent struggles? If it was all about $$$ why didn't wayne change the uniform after wanny? After the liar? Oh what was I thinking? Wayne clearly needs someone else to tell him when to make money.

If you're even debating whether or not new unis automatically equates to success, you're wasting everyone's time. Of course it's about personnel.

BP's reconstruction projects have consisted of everything from the foundation to the cosmetic. Not opinion but fact. That's his M.O.
Come better than just "get a clue" responses. I tell ya, elbows & ______ everyone has them.

This is true. He purposely changed the Jets uniforms to the throwback style because that was part of the Jets identity, and he wanted his players to take pride in that identity.

Changing uniforms doesn't make a team win. Talent and desire does that. But establishing or reconnecting to an identity can serve as a building block with which to grow.

How many people who want a major uniform change actually live in Miami???

The colors are a part of the culture, and they don't work anywhere else. The team should continue to reflect the city. ...Short of calling them Los Delfines. :)

As for the logo, I'm with the camp that says "keep it old school." Uniform updates will eventually look dated again anyway. Some things are just sacred.

The colors are a part of the culture, and they don't work anywhere else. The team should continue to reflect the city. ...Short of calling them Los Delfines. :)
I drive by the Orange Bowl AND Dolphin Stadium everyday and I completely agree.

But any change is positive for this team and most non-internet savvy dolphin fans that I know, agree.
So if even it's the smallest detail in the uniforms and logo, it'll mean something for 2008 and on.

I drive by the Orange Bowl AND Dolphin Stadium everyday and I completely agree.

Whoa. I hope you don't have to do that during rush hour.

Next time you are over by the Orange Bowl you will have to hit up Casola's for me. I moved to Texas last year for cheap land, and I really miss those big-a$$ slices of pizza.

Uniform changes are a way for bored team executives to make extra money on merchandise IMO. I don't care what the uni's look like as long as I can see them winning in them!

Your kidding me right? uniform changes are great for a team starting from scratch looking to shake the enigma of a 1-15 season the worst in our History!

When I see them now Im reminded of the horrible team, I would like a fresh start!

YES, and they should have a star instead of a Dolphin

not really, I think we should stick to what we have. I hate when teams change their logos they always look worse and imho take away from the history of the club.
:lol: Thats good stuff. We ARE becoming the cowboys and I hate the Cowboys. Not cool, not cool at all..... Unless we start winning then I forget about this post forever.

How many of the fans who stay at the games until they are over and don't leave for the beach actually live in Miami??

That has nothing to do with it my friend. I am hundreds of thosands of miles away and would put my "fandom" up against any Ocean Drive walking poser.

This is about starting fresh and shedding the sub-standard production that the uniform represents. I would go back to the throwbacks like the Thanksgiving game a few years back, but a change needs to be made from the present uniform.

Reading the Palmbeach Post Article about what Tony Sparono brings to the Dolphins, about how we are going to wipe the slate, start over, and rebuild from the ashes this once proud franchise via a "Culture" change in mentality, work ethic, and preparedness.

If we are going to do that, should we change the logo, or modify the uniform colors to reflect this new attitude in Miami?

Imnot asking for an entirely new look, maybe a little more attitude in the logo and a little change in the color scheme or something i feel is needed.

new Era, New management, new direction, new attitude, new players, and new uniforms?

I think we should go back to the "Old School" unis. I think we need to get back to the kind of attitude and mindset that those players that made this franchise great once had.

We need to do this now imo. If not now then when? We have a new identity now with a whole new direction. Lets start out with a whole new look.

I've always been partial to the basic uni. No more than 3 colors (if one is white) and nothing but a number on the jersey and a simple logo, design (see Michigan) or stirpes on the helmet. The UM unies were the best with the "U" on the helmet and then the orange or green with white. Even Penn States basic blue is white is pure class.

That said, I would prefer the Dolphins go back to something more similar to the original unies than to go "modern." To me the modern unies are too busy with stripes and patches all over, too many colors, abstract logos, etc.

As for uniforms being intimitading, get real. These guys are pros. If someone is intimidated by a uniform I don't want him. (I can't believe it, I'm back after being gone for several months and this is tyhe first post to which I respond? Football Gods, help me!!)

I've always been partial to the basic uni. No more than 3 colors (if one is white) and nothing but a number on the jersey and a simple logo, design (see Michigan) or stirpes on the helmet. The UM unies were the best with the "U" on the helmet and then the orange or green with white. Even Penn States basic blue is white is pure class.

That said, I would prefer the Dolphins go back to something more similar to the original unies than to go "modern." To me the modern unies are too busy with stripes and patches all over, too many colors, abstract logos, etc.

As for uniforms being intimitading, get real. These guys are pros. If someone is intimidated by a uniform I don't want him. (I can't believe it, I'm back after being gone for several months and this is tyhe first post to which I respond? Football Gods, help me!!)

Yeah just think how great the Raiders have been lately with that menacing logo ...LOL

One identity that needs to change is the fight song. The song is so "not that there is anything wrong with that" sweet. Its a joke. Every person i go to a game with is a fan of the other team and i never hear the end of it.

Its emabarrasing and i am confident that the players feel the same way. It needs to go. Its not even true and even if it was, it would still be ______.

Back
Top Bottom